shape
carat
color
clarity

Curved channel set princess wedding bands

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for the ever-elusive curved wedding band with channel-set princess stones. More specifically, I want a wedding band that sits flush with my engagement ring (making a curve a necessity), has channel-set princess-cut stones, doesn''t cover my surprise diamond, and has about a 2-mm width (no wider than my engagement ring). It also needs to be platinum because my engagement ring is platinum, and I won''t be soldering them together, so scratching is a real possibility.

I''d rather not go custom because of the expense. I haven''t seen a lot of these around, probably because of the technical difficulty of setting princesses in channels with a curve. I''ve seen plenty of curved bands with round stones, but I want princesses in order to complete the square look of my wedding set.

This is the closest thing I''ve found (and it''s proof that these bands do in fact exist!):
http://www.exceldiamonds.com/Wedding-Rings-6/X-Prong-Princess-Diamond-Channel-Matching-Wedding-Band-by-Vatche-1127.html

Looks pretty nice, but I''m afraid that it might be too wide to match my 2.3mm engagement ring. I could definitely go for lower total carat weight too.

Anyone have experience with this type of band? Know any cheaper ways to get it? Any help would be appreciated!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t seem to find anything to beat the $2400 Vatche one you have shown in platinum. WF has one in RB''s for about $1600. Maybe you could ask them if they could do it in princess? Custom might be the only route, but I don''t know if you''d really be saving much.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not all those princesses are square. They arre custom cut into the band so custom is going to be painful, I think. Vatche does some custom work and customization of their products I''d contact whatever Vatche dealer you are most comfortable with, Excel, WinkJones, ERD, GOG and ask them about options on slimming down that band a bit. : )

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice! Looks like I''ll be talking to a Vatche dealer about modifying the band. I wish I could see it in person before I do it though. Maybe Bailey, Banks, and Biddle would have it, since I think they carry Vatche.

Gypsy, you hit the nail on the head there...in order to fit into the curve, not all the stones are perfect squares. I think that''s what makes these bands so hard to find.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
BTW... when I was asking for qoutes on custom cut baguettes Quest and ERD were the most reasonable in terms of price. So if you do go custom, that might be the way to go.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 9:47:20 PM
Author: SpeedracerII
WF made this one for me. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/whats-better-than-one-box-from-wf.67872/ But the shank is about 4mm at the top. We used rounds for the curved part and princess for the side. Getting a band that is 2mm total in width doens''t leave much for a diamond.

Good point...but I''m not looking for a whole lotta diamond. Actually, my initial thought was to have a plain platinum band, but I''ve decided I''d like a little bling. Nothing that takes attention away from my center stone though! I''d be happy with less than what''s in the Vatche band. I would like to see the band in person before deciding on whether it''s too much for me, though...

Gypsy - thanks again for the suggestions. I will check them out when the time comes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results