shape
carat
color
clarity

Completely Unsure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

k7wright

Rough_Rock
Well, I got my ring and i was excited until today. I went to send the appraisal to the insurance company and when i pulled it out gasped because it is EGL!! I feel totally betrayed because the guy said that he only deals in GIA and when he had a copy of the cert before and was showing us it was GIA. Well, my fiance then bought it and apparently didnt notice or i dont know what. So i texted him today and he said it was always EGL which i dont think is correct and now i feel like crying. I am wondering if i try to return it due to misinformation.

Perhaps someone can shed some light on whether it is as bad as i think or if i am overeacting, but i feel like it isnt as good as i though because it is EGL and the certification is softer. Also, i can''t figure out the ratio? please help, i am totally bumming

Weight - 3.01
Shape - Oval
Measurements - 11.09-7.84x4.97mm
Total Depth - 63.4%
Table Width - 54%
Crown Height - 15%
Pavilion Depth - 43%
Girdle Thickness - Slightly Thick, Faceted
Polish - Good to Very Good
Symmetry - Good to Very Good
Culet - None
Clarity - SI2
Graining - Nil
Color - H
Flouresence - None

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try not to panic.

Firstly is it your fiance you texted whom was saying that he knew the report was always EGL or the vendor, I am not quite clear on that?

The numbers for fancy shapes don't always tell us a lot, but if you loved it and it is a clean SI2, then that is a good thing! Basically you need to see exactly how your fiance feels about it ( assuming he knew it was EGL all along) then decide what you want to do. If you want to change it, hopefully the vendor has a good return policy and you can do so if you wish, also which branch of EGL is it? There are EGL USA, Antwerp, Israel, Europe to name some.

k7wright

Rough_Rock
Sorry i am being confusing :)
My Fiance said that it was EGL all along, but i dont think he is right. He doesnt always pay attention :)

So you can't really tell from that if it is "good" or "bad"? How do i know if it is clean? How can i tell what EGL? i have the cert just not sure where it says that.

thank you

I am 99.99% sure. he paid $20,000. i guess it is eyeclean, but i can see one mark on the top if i look really hard. i dont know if i love it, i am so bummed right now. I feel like it might look a little yellow
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! Are you absolutely sure that the vendor said he only deals with GIA graded stones? Well I think you need to have a chat with your fiance initially and see what you both want to do. EGL can be fine and it depends on what you paid, generally EGL graded diamonds can cost less than GIA, and this is a big rock. Is it eyeclean? I would check with the vendor regarding his return policy ASAP so you can get going on this if you decide to return it. Once you know about any return policy, if you decide to keep the diamond, then you could get an independant appraisal to see how it checks out - that might be a deciding factor either way. Do you love the diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results