shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling GYPSY!!! And all expert EC people :)

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
I have been looking around for a new EC with a 1.4 ratio... I found one I love and within my budget. There is caveat. It has strong fluorescence. I have read tons of articles (that I have found on here, or debates) and I know "strong" is usually or can be milky. It does not look it on line at all and they are saying it isn't at all. Will I be able to tell in person if it is? Or should I just forget it all together? Thanks so much.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Emeraldcutlover :wavey:

I love fluor! I just purchased an EC with very strong fluorescence and had the vendor, IDJ confirm that there was no negative impact from the fluor on the diamond, and also had the pleasure of seeing it in person prior to it being set (it's still with IDJ until I have my bands completed so that I get one package!)

Just have the vendor confirm that there is no negative impact from the fluor.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, strong fluorescence is rarely a problem, especially in higher clarity stones. I would prefer the FL, all things considered. I love it as a beautiful aspect of nature and I love that it often lowers the price of the diamond!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
As long as the stone is not over-blue (hazy or milky) fluorescence is great. I love it. I think you are safe in that respect.

Can you put the stone on hold and get an ASET for it?

You always have your return policy.

Emeraldcutlover

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone - Thank you SO much! Great idea, Gypsy, I will do that! Hopefully it will be a good one :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results