shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling Dreamer_D and Yssie and other old cut lovers~

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Madelise, I think you and your SO need to sit down and figure out what your dream setting is. Then you can figure out the necessary budget....and maybe the timing will work out that you can get it set in your dream setting before SO proposes(depending on his timeline). If the timing doesn't appear that it will work out that way, I think spending a few hundred dollars for a temp setting is good idea. Then either way(temp or dream setting) SO can propose with a ring and you can wear that rock! If it turns out to be the temp setting, then maybe you can do your dream setting for an anniversary or special occasion. To me, it seems a shame to purchase this gorgeous diamond and not be wearing it.

MDS, I think your baby would look gorgeous in a solitaire with the details you mentioned. It would let your diamond shine and be the center of attention. Plus then you can mix and match stackers with your ring.

LJL

Brilliant_Rock
Madelise- I will have to do some snooping on SN Queens - I had not heard of them until this thread.
And yes, we will/have been looking at OECs though I think most of the stones I like the most have been trannies. I am a fan of that 2.04 at JBEG but I (1)have no desire to pay for clarity I cant see and (2) haven't seen an EGL L in person. The lowest I have seen was probably a K..it was some strange lab cert. I really need to put myself out there more locally to see more in person but I've been busy! When the time comes, I will likely make a nice big RT/Antiques thread - dont wanna sidetrack this thread anymore! I hope to be seeking the help of you experts soon :naughty:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LJL|1340075092|3219166 said:
Madelise- I will have to do some snooping on SN Queens - I had not heard of them until this thread.
And yes, we will/have been looking at OECs though I think most of the stones I like the most have been trannies. I am a fan of that 2.04 at JBEG but I (1)have no desire to pay for clarity I cant see and (2) haven't seen an EGL L in person. The lowest I have seen was probably a K..it was some strange lab cert. I really need to put myself out there more locally to see more in person but I've been busy! When the time comes, I will likely make a nice big RT/Antiques thread - dont wanna sidetrack this thread anymore! I hope to be seeking the help of you experts soon :naughty:

The first person to post on PS about them was Athenaworth. I just went today for my 2nd appointment with them, and I got to bring in the diamond. She found a few warmer colored single cut melee to lay next to it for me to see the color lack-of-contrast.. and she was able to take my scribble-y drawings and turn them into more realistic drawings of what I want to get made. I got a price quote that has a $500 range depending on the total carat weight of the melee stones. The price I got quoted for the setting, which will include more carat weight than the quote I got from VC, is about 1k cheaper. That $$ is going to be going towards my matching WB :naughty: :naughty: :naughty: And now that gorgeous eternity I bought from Armywife will officially be a RHR/pointer finger ring. hehee.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
madelise|1340314561|3221328 said:
ariel144|1340065141|3219075 said:
Here is my favorite video showing your 3.75 M...one of my favorite videos on GOG too. I've been waiting for someone to get that great stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaD9l0ynDaY&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=110&feature=plcp

yes! I can't believe it's been sitting in their inventory for a year! It's not a 3.75.. just .02 short. I kept trying to make it gain weight at the appraisal.. darn thing won't fatten up! LOL!
Haha! :lol: If only we could fatten up our diamonds......I would gladly buy some melee to feed mine ;))

ETA-sounds like you are having some good progress with a setting, how exciting!!! :bigsmile:

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright PS-world, sorry for the delay, I've been super stressed out with picking up extra shifts at work now that I'm on a week long break from school. I gotta make back some $$ that I've blown on this thing since we went over budget by quite an amount!

I'm going to do a proper photoshoot tomorrow with the SO. I'm not really DSLR-savvy. I'm going to go out and buy some yummy nom noms to take photos with.. Any ideas and recommendations? My stone is an M so I'm going to do a "M is for mmMmmmMm.." thread.. and I want to take photos of the stone with some gorgeous and COLORFUL mini cupcakes.. french macarons.. any other ideas? :love: :love: I want COLORFUL and yummy looking props. And then after I finish the photoshoot, I will have a happy belly too :wink2:

I seriously have the awesomestesterest setting that's going to be starting in the works tomorrow, after I drop off a deposit. I am so excited to share everything with you guys.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1340314971|3221333 said:
madelise|1340314561|3221328 said:
ariel144|1340065141|3219075 said:
Here is my favorite video showing your 3.75 M...one of my favorite videos on GOG too. I've been waiting for someone to get that great stone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaD9l0ynDaY&list=UUEV7slr-i-VduBBnfv9MxhA&index=110&feature=plcp

yes! I can't believe it's been sitting in their inventory for a year! It's not a 3.75.. just .02 short. I kept trying to make it gain weight at the appraisal.. darn thing won't fatten up! LOL!
Haha! :lol: If only we could fatten up our diamonds......I would gladly buy some melee to feed mine ;))

ETA-sounds like you are having some good progress with a setting, how exciting!!! :bigsmile:

LOL!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OH if ONLY!!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a few of my photos I caught the day I picked her up.. some bling ****!!

dimples_002.jpg

dimples_001.jpg

cactus.jpg

554746_3590187747427_523926069_n.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can only see the 4th picture for some reason!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Ack! I can't get the top three pictures to load...torture! Lol

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
armywife13|1340315782|3221343 said:
Ack! I can't get the top three pictures to load...torture! Lol

Me either! :((

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
me either :(

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that is so weird :( let me try again.

cactus.jpg

dimples_002.jpg

dimples_001.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WHAT is going on?! I previewed it before posting and it showed up there?

kasdgaiusgd89121729sdkhwjah.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK there you go. I changed the name of the file on my computer and reuploaded. So strange. Here are the other two.

da9s0d8a9sdnci12khv111msiw.jpg

asdfgdiamondroaihdoaihsdhiashd1298akd1fjb.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh wow, that is gorgeous!!! :love: :love: :cheeky:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yay!! Great pictures :appl: I especially love the shot on the Nikon lense cap! :love: :love: :love:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty!! Great pictures - thanks for sharing!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Delicious!! :love:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I especially like the Nikon shot. So chic.

Congrats on getting your setting in the works!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful and HUGE!! I can't wait to see it in the setting. It is going to be FABULOUS!!!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
It's a beautiful, beautiful stone. Great pics! :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
madelise|1340331696|3221569 said:
OK there you go. I changed the name of the file on my computer and reuploaded. So strange. Here are the other two.

Ohhh she's stunning in pink :bigsmile: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

I vote you just tape her to your finger while you figure the setting out. Take your time - she's just as gorgeous nekkid as she will be set!!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I could barely see your finger because you had this huge blinding hunk of DAZZLING DIAMOND DELICIOUSNESS in the way!!!

O M G!! Madelese, that's INSANE! WHOA!! Get to work, gurlfriend, to pay that baby off!!! LOVE IT!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I just posted a thread in SMTB!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results