shape
carat
color
clarity

Calling all IDJ Jackets owners

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
I found the pricescope last Cristmas, when I was looking for diamond studs. Well, it was tremendous impact to my juwelry purchase syndrom. Since then I got BGD studs and waiting for the 3 stone ring to arrive in a couple of weeks. :appl:

Now my next hot item is the jackets. I absolutely adore these IDJ scalloped edge ones. One question I have to the owners? Are they comfortable, do they droop? Do you use normal backings or jumbo jackets with them? And domyou think that 5,5 mm stones will fit in 5mm jackets? I think Mara wanted to posted her 5,5 mm colored stones with her 5mm jackets? I didnt find the update since then. I have 5,1mm studs, which I dont plan to upgrade, but would like to get in a future sapphire studs in 5,5mm as well. (yes, yes, my juwelry wish list is planned for years now :rolleyes: )

Thank you all in advance for your responses!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi Efriede! I now have 2 sizes of jackets to fit .25ct studs (4mm) and .50ct studs (5mm). They're both extremely comfortable, and I haven't had any trouble with drooping. I do use a 14K jumbo push back, but I also think the low profile of the jacket really helps.

You're right that Mara was able to pair a 5.5mm stone with her jackets, but I'm guessing that's the largest you could go w/o having the stone sit too high. I tried a 5.77mm stone, and it's a hair too big. Hope that helps!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
I have the jackets made for 0.5ct stones and they are very comfortables, sit nice and low, and don't droop at all. And I have normal backs on my studs. I think 5.5mm stones would work with them but you probably couldn't go any larger than that.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
When mine eventually arrive I will let you know. My studs are 5.5mm and Luann assured me they would fit perfectly. If/when they show up I'll post you some pictures of how well they fit in the jacket if you would like :))

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Stargurl, thank you for your feedback. And I am looking forward to hear from you Hawaiorangetree! When do you expect yours to arrive? Did I understand you right that you ordered 5 mm jackets for your 5,5 mm studs? And how many pointers, 3 or 5? i guess you will be doing your own post about them, so I will be watching :wavey:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My jackets unexpectedly showed up yesterday much to the suprise of my husband who signed for the package... oops. :lol:

I thought that I had ordered 26 x 2 pointers for a total of .52ct, instead i got 22 diaomnds for a total of .65ct, which is more like 3 pointers. :appl: thanks ID! :cheeky:

The jackets are super sparkly which honestly suprised me for how small they are. My stud doesn't fit in as well as i had anticipated.. but i think that has to do more with them not being what i expected than anything else.

Here are some photos for you. :))

As you can see, the 3 pointers haven't left a lot of room on my ear :lol: (that's why i was going for the 2 pointers)

Here you can see from the side how much the stick out on the jacket. (but there is still plenty of post on the back)

and another one to show how they don't sit in very well...

Just for reference my studs are .62 and .63ct in a 3 prong martini. I'm pretty sure they are 5.5mm each.

Hope this helps in your decision!

photo(2).JPG

photo(4).JPG

photo(3).JPG

photo(5).JPG

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Oh, thankmyou so much, HOT! Great pictures, great ear coverage :appl: . Are you going to make a post abt your new jackets at SMTB?

I was very glad to see that there were absolutely no airline at first photo, but I also see what you mean that they dont fit well 5.5mm stones from profile view..hm..decisions decisions. Can you tell me about the color of the jackets and your studs, please? My studs are H's, Im thinking of getting lower color melee instead of FG. Also I am still debating 3 vs. 5 ponters and platinum vs. WG..

Anyway, thank you so much for your support! :wavey:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I have the ID jackets in 5 pointers - for a total of 20 stones. I see what you mean about how the diamond sits and is it possible that you need to reset the diamonds? I had to reset mine or else they would have sat too high in the jacket for my taste.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
My studs are I colour and the jackets are F/G. Honestly I can see a fair bit of warmth in them IRL but not so much in the photos. Going G/H would be a good idea for your jackets. What type of settings do you have? Mine are the white gold martinis from BGD so I just went with the WG halos. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't mix platinum and gold together as one will rub the other, so maybe whatever your settings are is what you should stick to with the halos?

I'm not too sure how much the studs sticking out of the halos is going to annoy me. I would have preferred them to behave been more cupped by the halo but I'm ok with it at the moment but that may change. I don't think I would go to the lengths of having my studs reset just so they would fit though. I think I'd be more likely to sell the jackets and start again.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, one thing about the studs sticking out so much is that they make them look HUGE! :lol: in the martini settings on their own they sort of disappear into my ear a bit but with the jackets they really stand out. :bigsmile:

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
JLW05|1336710975|3192731 said:
I have the ID jackets in 5 pointers - for a total of 20 stones. I see what you mean about how the diamond sits and is it possible that you need to reset the diamonds? I had to reset mine or else they would have sat too high in the jacket for my taste.
Thank you for coming, JLW05! I absolutely love your jackets with 5 pointers and am about 70% sure that choose 5 ponters versus 3 pointers. You say that you have 10 stones per jacket, hm.. thats weired as I see that IDJ offers these jackets for 5mm stones with nine 5 pointers. Are you sure that yours are made to fit your 0,50 stone? I guess it is more like for 3/4 carater, may be?

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1336713906|3192755 said:
My studs are I colour and the jackets are F/G. Honestly I can see a fair bit of warmth in them IRL but not so much in the photos. Going G/H would be a good idea for your jackets. What type of settings do you have? Mine are the white gold martinis from BGD so I just went with the WG halos. I'm pretty sure you shouldn't mix platinum and gold together as one will rub the other, so maybe whatever your settings are is what you should stick to with the halos?

I'm not too sure how much the studs sticking out of the halos is going to annoy me. I would have preferred them to behave been more cupped by the halo but I'm ok with it at the moment but that may change. I don't think I would go to the lengths of having my studs reset just so they would fit though. I think I'd be more likely to sell the jackets and start again.

you have new avatar, HOT, very beautiful ring, one of my favourite on PS, ''liquid ice'' I call it :love:

I have platinum Truth studs from BGD, so basically they are 4 prong basketless martinis. I hope they will fit well. As for the metal, I usually prefer platinum with diamonds, but I fear that the jackets in platinum will be double weight of the ones in WG, hence droop. And of course the cost of the whole project will be much more with platinum...hmm :confused:

Good point about color, I will ask for a quote for H/I melee, dont want the melee outshine the center.

One question for you regarding IDJ. So you ordered the jackets with 2 pointers, but got with 3 pointers instead? Was it due to miscommunication or other reason? I am afraid to order something and then to get something else, as I am in Germany and the return and exchange way is out of the question for me due to customs, VAT etc.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Efriede, I recounted the diamonds on my jackets and there are most definitely 10 stones each. I thought that perhaps I had miscounted. My studs are .50 each, positively because when I was at IDJ I had them weighed. I originally ordered 3 pointers because Cellentani's studs were approximately 25 points with .3 pointers, and those are the proportions I wanted. I went up to 5 pointers to achieve similar proportions with my larger studs and I am happy with my choice. The difference in mm between the 3 pointers and 5 pointers are .4mm and on my ear there wasn't a huge difference between the two but I thought the 5 pointers were a bit more dressy and that is also what I was looking for. I can't explain why I have 10 stones instead of 9. I do have an airline that I would prefer not to have but when I questioned this I was told that my diamonds (quite old) were not well cut and faced up smaller than .5 cts. Now I am wondering...

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
JLW05|1336759313|3193176 said:
Efriede, I recounted the diamonds on my jackets and there are most definitely 10 stones each. I thought that perhaps I had miscounted. My studs are .50 each, positively because when I was at IDJ I had them weighed. I originally ordered 3 pointers because Cellentani's studs were approximately 25 points with .3 pointers, and those are the proportions I wanted. I went up to 5 pointers to achieve similar proportions with my larger studs and I am happy with my choice. The difference in mm between the 3 pointers and 5 pointers are .4mm and on my ear there wasn't a huge difference between the two but I thought the 5 pointers were a bit more dressy and that is also what I was looking for. I can't explain why I have 10 stones instead of 9. I do have an airline that I would prefer not to have but when I questioned this I was told that my diamonds (quite old) were not well cut and faced up smaller than .5 cts. Now I am wondering...

I also try to get the dressy look with the jackets, so now I am almost sure I will be getting the 5 pointers. Now to the numbers..You really got me wondered. Here is the link to IDJ pair that fit 5 mm stones. There are 9 stones per jacket. 5X19 stones = 0,90tcw.

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=20144&cType=

I found similar or maybe even the same jackets from Adwar Casting Company in NY. Perhaps IDJ are using them as a cast and just set the stones and do the finish?

Style E4496 - for half a carater
Weight: 1.1 dwt* Chart
Ctw.: 0.90
Group: Earrings
Description: 2pc. Jackets 2-½ct, 18-5pt
Category: Jackets
Shape: Round
Setting: Shared Prong Set
Pieces: 2
Catalog: 24 Page: 1278

http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/E4496/view

adwar%205mm%205%20pointers.jpg

Style E4497 - for 3/4 carater
Weight: 1.3 dwt* Chart
Ctw.: 1.00
Group: Earrings
Description: 2pc. Jackets 2-¾ct, 20-5pt
Category: Jackets
Shape: Round
Setting: Shared Prong Set
Pieces: 2
Catalog: 24 Page: 1278

http://www.adwar.com/products/styles/E4497/view

adwar%20three%20quater%20carat%20%205%20pointers.jpg

may be I am wrong, but I guess you got a pair for 3/4 carater, hence the airline.? :confused:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Efriede|1336723743|3192803 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1336713906|3192755 said:

you have new avatar, HOT, very beautiful ring, one of my favourite on PS, ''liquid ice'' I call it :love:

I have platinum Truth studs from BGD, so basically they are 4 prong basketless martinis. I hope they will fit well. As for the metal, I usually prefer platinum with diamonds, but I fear that the jackets in platinum will be double weight of the ones in WG, hence droop. And of course the cost of the whole project will be much more with platinum...hmm :confused:

Good point about color, I will ask for a quote for H/I melee, dont want the melee outshine the center.

One question for you regarding IDJ. So you ordered the jackets with 2 pointers, but got with 3 pointers instead? Was it due to miscommunication or other reason? I am afraid to order something and then to get something else, as I am in Germany and the return and exchange way is out of the question for me due to customs, VAT etc.

Oh thank you Efriede! You are too kind ::)

I can see why you are debating the white gold jackets even though you have platinum studs. The studs plus jackets are substantial, but I wouldn't go as far to say they are heavy. The extra cost to go to platinum shouldn't be too much though since the gold price is so high. But I'm not sure how heavy they would be. Do you plan on wearing the jackets all the time or just for special occasions?

I'm not sure why I got the 3 pointers instead. But it wasn't what I ordered. I think with so many PSer's buying the 3 pointers they accidentally sent them out and didn't look properly at what I ordered? I think if you want to make sure you get what you order then you need to deal directly with Yekutiel and not with Luann. I find Yekutiel's customer service and attention to detail to be better. I understand where you are coming from in regards to not wanting to have to exchange them as I am in Australia so I have to deal with shipping and customs as well.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I went back through my emails to see what I was quoted:

32x1 pointers = .32ct

26x 2 pointers = .52ct (which is what I paid for)

24 x 3 pointers = .72ct

And I got 22 x (what I assume are) 3 pointers = .65ct which is what other PSer's have recently bought.

I guess my point is that what is listed on their site might not be exactly what they have on offer.

I wouldn't take too much notice of what is listed on their website and I would email Yekutiel directly to see what they can do for you.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Efriede. ID Jewelry definitely knew I had .50 studs so I am confused as to why my jackets have 10 5 pointers. Maybe I need to take a trip to IDJ?

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1336780235|3193503 said:
I went back through my emails to see what I was quoted:

32x1 pointers = .32ct

26x 2 pointers = .52ct (which is what I paid for)

24 x 3 pointers = .72ct

And I got 22 x (what I assume are) 3 pointers = .65ct which is what other PSer's have recently bought.

I guess my point is that what is listed on their site might not be exactly what they have on offer.

I wouldn't take too much notice of what is listed on their website and I would email Yekutiel directly to see what they can do for you.

I plan to wear jackets for very special ocasions only, as my half caraters are already more than blingy enough for everyday here in Germany. That is why I am still hoping that wg + platinum will not result in too much scratch from seldom usage. But I geuss I just ask Ekutiel about difference in weight of both and carat weight and see what he says. At these point I am sure I want to have 5 pointers and H/I melee. Thank you very much for your kind support in my decision making process! I really appreciate this.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
JLW05|1336792618|3193610 said:
Efriede. ID Jewelry definitely knew I had .50 studs so I am confused as to why my jackets have 10 5 pointers. Maybe I need to take a trip to IDJ?

JLW05, I am sure there is explanation why you have 10 stones per jacket. I am so happy for you that you can personally visit and choose what you want :appl: meanwhile, I am going to email Ekutiel and ask about platinum version with H/I melee. Stay tuned.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Elfriede, when I was at IDJ, there were no jackets for sale (all sold out!) so I was shown the cast instead. No doubt the jackets can be made in platinum but, of course, the pricing will be much higher.
How interesting that you live in Germany. My husband will be in Germany for a week in June for business.

Anyway, I would certainly like an explanation about why I have ten stones in each jacket and I thank you for pointing this out to me. I am a little over an hour away from Manhattan and I won't be able to rest without taking a ride over to IDJ on Monday and sorting this out. I am sure that I will get an explanation and if I have the wrong size jackets they will make it right. I can live with the air-line but would be thrilled not to have one.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
JLW05|1336796539|3193648 said:
Elfriede, when I was at IDJ, there were no jackets for sale (all sold out!) so I was shown the cast instead. No doubt the jackets can be made in platinum but, of course, the pricing will be much higher.
How interesting that you live in Germany. My husband will be in Germany for a week in June for business.

Anyway, I would certainly like an explanation about why I have ten stones in each jacket and I thank you for pointing this out to me. I am a little over an hour away from Manhattan and I won't be able to rest without taking a ride over to IDJ on Monday and sorting this out. I am sure that I will get an explanation and if I have the wrong size jackets they will make it right. I can live with the air-line but would be thrilled not to have one.

I am looking forward to your update regarding size, hope it will be all sorted out quickly and to your benefit. I hope to get a quote from Yekutiel on Monday, when they are open from weekend. Have a good weekend, JLW05!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Efriede, thank you for pointing out to me that I had the wrong size jackets.I took a ride to Manhattan and spoke to Yekutiel and he exchanged my 10 stone jackets for the 9 stone jackets without a problem and I am very happy!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
JLW05|1337019240|3194991 said:
Efriede, thank you for pointing out to me that I had the wrong size jackets.I took a ride to Manhattan and spoke to Yekutiel and he exchanged my 10 stone jackets for the 9 stone jackets without a problem and I am very happy!

That is great news, JLW05! I am so glad that IDJ exchanged your jackets. I hope you can now enjoy them without airline. Please, post a lot of pictures of them, eashots mandatory :appl: As you are the only one I know with 5 pointers jackets on PS, and I want them too, it will be very very helpful for me.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
I will try to post a photo of the new jackets. My camera doesn't take good photos but I will ask a neighbor if she will take a photo using her android.

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. Also, I think the jackets fit much better on my ear now.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
I second HOt, they look muuuch better now, and you are right that they fit perfect on your earlobe. Very beautifu! :love: :love:
Still wait for a quote from Yekutiel... :rolleyes:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results