shape
carat
color
clarity

Buying a round engagement ring. Budget is $9K. Please help!!

chemadam

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

First off, I am very grateful to such an excellent community. It has been very helpful to read the many posts from people who were in a similar situation as myself. In particular, Gypsy has made some great posts. Hopefully I’ll have similar luck in my search!

So, I am looking for the PERFECT diamond ring. My budget is $9,000.

Obviously, you guys are the experts, but my priorities would be the following:
1. SHAPE: Round
2. CUT: The best. No sacrifices here, right?
3. CARAT: The biggest size possible - 1.2 carats or higher, ideally. I’ve read that some smaller stones look bigger than higher carat ones depending on how they face up, so I’d be interested in those as well.

That’s it! I'd be willing to go as low as necessary on color, I just don't want one with a brown tint to it. Clarity is also not an issue as long as it is eyeclean. If I am asking for too much work from you guys, I’d be happy to provide some links to diamonds that I like. But, it seems like you guys are better at scouting than I would be, anyways.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

alpackie

Shiny_Rock
Re: Buying a round engagement ring. Budget is $9K. Please he

In order to work within your budget, people will want to know more about what kind of setting you plan on getting. Prices for settings can vary greatly depending on pave/no pave, material, custom/generic, etc.

Unless the $9k budget is for stone only.

chemadam

Rough_Rock
Re: Buying a round engagement ring. Budget is $9K. Please he

Alpackie - I should have specified. I would like for the $9K to include the setting, if possible. However, I don't want anything fancy for the ring itself - probably the simple 14K white gold setting that would be around $500, like the second and third rings that msop04 kindly included.

Thanks msop04!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results