shape
carat
color
clarity

Brian Gavin CAD Rendering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
I just received the CAD rendering of the custom setting I'm having done by Brian Gavin. I think it's going to be gorgeous when it's completed. I'm really looking forward to seeing it with the truth head and would love to hear your thoughts.

Brian_GavinRing1188.jpg

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely LOVE BGD''s truth head and I think it would complete the ring! Looks like its coming along and will be such a beauty when finished!

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
Are they going to be sending you an additional CAD with the truth head attached?

It looks really nice, I''m sure the truth head will be the perfect finishing touch.

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure if they can add the truth head in the rendering. She did tell me that Brian would need to alter it slightly. I''m wondering how the twist would look in person. That''s the idea I originally asked for, but again, I''m not sure if Brian is going to taper the princess cut diamonds in the band or not yet. I did think about making it even all the way down instead of tapering it at the top. But I think the twist would look better maybe.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
I like the micro-pave on the twist. I think it''s really sharp.
You''re design has clean lines, which is nice too. I''ve got a post with my renderings from BGD up right now. I think my GF will really like micro-pave so I added it. I''m working through this without any help from her. It''s going to be a surprise. If you''re curious check out my other post. The rendering has, what looks like, the micro pave from the Twist but with a different head.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
OOOO I LOVE THIS!!!! I hope they make this a stock setting. I was hoping they''d come out with a truth head on a taped pave band. You MUST come back and post pictures on SMTR when it is completed. I can''t wait!!!

XzyluM

Rough_Rock
Wow! That''s for the feedback. I guess this one is a winner. The truth head was something I really wanted instead of the normal styles. I wanted to keep it simple, but add a touch of "designery" as Lesley called it.

IceExplorer, I saw your renderings as well. I love the look of the micro pave. One of the reasons I decided to get a custom setting was because my girlfriend wanted princess cut diamonds. I did convince her that a micro pave would look great, but I thought it was better to go with what she wanted instead. Unfortunately, I wasn''t able to find a design with princess cut diamonds that I liked.

I did come across a Scott Kay setting that was similar, but wasn''t quite as sleek in the design. It''s been quite a journey trying to put it all together. I never thought I would be as excited as I am to see the completed ring.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 10:53:49 AM
Author: XzyluM
Wow! That''s for the feedback. I guess this one is a winner. The truth head was something I really wanted instead of the normal styles. I wanted to keep it simple, but add a touch of ''designery'' as Lesley called it.

IceExplorer, I saw your renderings as well. I love the look of the micro pave. One of the reasons I decided to get a custom setting was because my girlfriend wanted princess cut diamonds. I did convince her that a micro pave would look great, but I thought it was better to go with what she wanted instead. Unfortunately, I wasn''t able to find a design with princess cut diamonds that I liked.

I did come across a Scott Kay setting that was similar, but wasn''t quite as sleek in the design. It''s been quite a journey trying to put it all together. I never thought I would be as excited as I am to see the completed ring.

I would agree, if she''s involved in the process, she''ll appreciate following her wishes.
I''ve seen the Scott Kay setting you''re talking about. They make some nice pieces, no question there. I like your ''designery'' better. I''m sure you''re GF will love it. Make sure you post some pics when it''s all done :D

Congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results