shape
carat
color
clarity

Boy, did I have the day from he@#

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Today it happened. I had a job this morning. I get there and it''s going to be a killer. Eight items on the agenda, ten people waiting in the conference room for their cases to be heard. I began to put in my designations, and my ring was spinning like crazy. (been sick, lost weight) I pulled it off right before we began, and dropped it in the top of my handbag. When I got home, I did the dishes and got my husband off to work. About 1:30 this afternoon I went to the place I put my ring when I wash dishes. NOT THERE!!! Oh, yeah, it''s in my handbag. After I had literally ripped it apart four times, I realized that it was NOT THERE EITHER!!! I can''t find it. I called the place I had been. They checked the conference room and the parking lot for me. I had just unzipped my bag, grabbed my keys out, put everything in my car, and drove away. No luck. I drove back myself. Actually by that time, I had to get a designated driver. My friend Michelle drove me. The person I had called was still in the parking lot hunting for it. (what a sweet guy. He said the same thing had happened to his wife, and he hated to just walk away without trying one more time.)

I had to tell my husband on the phone. After he got done with the stupid (how could you be so ..., what utter ....ity, and so forth) comments (which he realized were NOT helping), he was very supportive. He said that we will go back tomorrow, and he will help me search the parking lot again. I only hope that someone finds it (found it) and turns it in. They already put it up on their website as lost; and if found, return to them or me. Problem is, not the greatest place to lose something (next to Adult Corrections). I am just bumming.
39.gif

If you get the urge to just drop your ring into your handbag, don''t. Secure it. Even if you are in a hurry.

Shay

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Shay! That''s horrible!
Does your handbag have a lining?
Did it get stuck inside something in your bag?
Is it stuck in your wallet or something?
My heart goes out to you.

Scintillating...

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 5:37:17 PM
Author: Scintillating
Oh Shay! That''s horrible!
Does your handbag have a lining?
Did it get stuck inside something in your bag?
Is it stuck in your wallet or something?
My heart goes out to you.

Scintillating...
It did. It doesn''t look quite as nice as this morning after I ripped it a bit. I looked though each scrap of paper and every pocket. Nothing. Thanks guys. I hope that it turns up.

Shay

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 5:34:18 PM
Author: blueroses
OOOOhhh, SHAY, I am SO SORRY!!!!
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif
7.gif

Thank you. I''m kind of dying inside right now. Trying to be positive.

Shay

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay!!!!!!!!! I am so sorry!
7.gif
39.gif

Let''s just hope someone found the ring and is honest enough to return it. There are some good people left out there.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Have you thoroughly searched your car?? Take a flash light and look under all the seats, mats, everything. Just a thought....I''m sure you probably already checked.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh no! I hope you find it! IF not, make your claim.

Im sorry!

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes! Did you drive to work? Could it have fallen out of your bag inside your car?

I once was making a suspension at work and took off my e-ring and eternity band and put them on the counter. Then I got really busy and forgot to put them back on. About an hour later I panicked when I realized they weren''t on. They were still on the counter thank goodness! No matter how messy my hands get I never take them off anymore!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh shay, I am soooo sorry. That is the worst. let''s hope someone finds it and will be honest and turn it in. In the meantime, big HUGS.
39.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 5:45:59 PM
Author: ame

Im sorry!
Ame, my husband asked me if I had called the insurance company yet. I can''t even bring myself to do that. It''s like if I don''t, it''s not gone. It will turn up. If I call, it''s gone. Does that make any sense?

Shay

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/7/2005 5:59:15 PM
Author: Shay37

Date: 9/7/2005 5:45:59 PM
Author: ame

Im sorry!
Ame, my husband asked me if I had called the insurance company yet. I can''t even bring myself to do that. It''s like if I don''t, it''s not gone. It will turn up. If I call, it''s gone. Does that make any sense?

Shay
It does to me! By calling the insurance company, you are admitting to yourself and the world that it''s gone for good.

Just be strong and take a little comfort in knowing that you have the entire PS community crossing their fingers for you and sending you good vibes.

sasa

Brilliant_Rock
oh Shay, I''m so sorry
39.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can always make the claim and see about what happens should oyu FIND it in the meantime. They might have an option to stop the payment to you in the case that it turns up.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I am so sorry to hear your bad news.
7.gif
I really, really hope you find it. Good luck in your search.

Heather

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay- I''m so sorry.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My gosh Shay I can''t even imagine...I hope you find it!! My heart would be in my stomach. I never remove my ring when I am out of the house...I''m too paranoid! Good luck with the search and keep positive. Someone may turn it in.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
So sorry Shay over the loss of your ring! What a nightmare this is for you. Hopefully it will turn up.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my God, that really, really sucks! I''m so sorry. It could happen to any one of us. Rings are so small and it doesn''t take much. I take mine off all the time, too. I really hope you get it back.
7.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Loosing an important piece of jewelry such as your engagement ring is always a shock to your psyche as well. Be sure to spend some quiet time for you in prayer and meditation. If you can, or should I say when you can, take some joy and comfort in knowing it is a thing that was lost and the relationship that it symbolizes is still whole and that no lives were involved.

It will take some time, but your new ring will gradually become the new symbol of your relationship and it will eventually be as treasured to you as your lost ring as the symbol of what it represents.

Wink

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!!
39.gif

I couldn''t even imagine how you''re feeling right now!! I hope you find it quickly!! You were smart in having a friend drive you back...I probably would''ve ended up in an accident!!

Hopefully it''ll turn up or someone will turn it in!!! Good luck!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
OH NOOOO! Something similar happend to me just a few weeks after I got my upgrade. I know the horrible, pit in your stomach that you are feeling. Mine, amazingly, showed up -- buried in a gravel parking lot. I hope yours does too.

Lessons learned, I now have strict habits about where I put my rings if I take them off. (I still take them off to keep from bashing them up...) I''m sure you will too. Give it a couple more days before calling the insurance. You never know.....

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Oh shay!!! I am soo sorry honey. *hugs* I hope your ring turns up soon. It might not be a bad idea to go back at night and look for it with the flashlight, it might be easeir to find it that way. I sincerly hope things work out for you. i n the mean time if you dont call and report it soon does that affect your claim?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, Shay! That is heartbreaking! It has to be SOMEWHERE. I hope it turns up on the parking lot or in the conference room.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Shay. I''m so sorry...i''ll say a prayer that it will turn up.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thank you guys all so very much for your love and support. It means so much to me to know that you guys (fellow diamond lovers) understand that having searched for "the" one that it is so very hard to think that it might be gone. You know how I feel. Wink, it is definitely a pit in my stomach. That is the only way I can describe it.

Again, thank you all so much for your prayers, positive thoughts and support. I feel very blessed to have found this wonderful place.

Shay

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well definitely keep us in the loop. We all are pulling that you find it.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Good grief. I can't even think straight. It was Mara who described that feeling in my stomach. It was Wink who offered the wise words to take the quiet time.

Ame, I may not have a choice about filing a claim right away. You're right. If it turns up, they can cancel the payment. I don't want to lose any rights by waiting. However, I want to go back one more time tomorrow and see if I can find it in the morning. (different lighting from this afternoon) Hopefully, it will help.

I don't want to go back at night with a flashlight as this is state of Rhode Island property next to the Adult Corrections facility. I'm just not thinking that's a great idea for my personal safety.

edited because still not thinking straight

Shay

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''ll work out. Im glad you are going to try once more.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results