shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Princess Recut - From Ugly Duckling to Swan

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Side note, you can place multiple images on the same post now, in case you do not know that. :razz:
Sorry, I guess I'm still on the old PS.
Do I just download multiple times onto the same post and then just submit?
Shoot, I can do that!
Sorry about that, my bad.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heh. No prob, nothing to be sorry about.

Lots of people still did not realize that. :razz:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

Comparisons.jpg

Favorites.JPEG

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I missed this one.
Thank you Jamie/Brian Gavin Diamonds!

SuzyQz1.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Before the recut the asymmetry was quite noticeable.

Asymmetry.JPEG

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
It's absolutely beautiful!!!!
So....when do you get it???

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
septsparkle said:
Not soon enough! I'm in between the CAD and the wax stage of the new custom ring, so still several weeks away. ;(
All I've seen are the pictures.

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
SuzyQZ said:
septsparkle said:
Not soon enough! I'm in between the CAD and the wax stage of the new custom ring, so still several weeks away. ;(

Boo! That's stinky! Well for now...the end result will be fabulous...but the waiting really stinks!

Oh, did Brian ever comment on the stone being upgraded in color and clarity? I can't believe what a transformation has resulted in this stone! It's amazing!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
septsparkle said:
SuzyQZ said:
septsparkle said:

Boo! That's stinky! Well for now...the end result will be fabulous...but the waiting really stinks!

Oh, did Brian ever comment on the stone being upgraded in color and clarity? I can't believe what a transformation has resulted in this stone! It's amazing!

Septsparkle:
I did forward the post to him for his comment and Jamie said he wanted to call me and talk to me about it, but honestly, I think he is just too busy. Which is totally understandable. I told her that a quick email would be fine and I'd just cut and paste in the thread. So we'll see.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Stunning diamond. I'm sure you are very happy you went for the recut. Awesome!! :appl:

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
OMG Suzy I haven't posted on Pricescope in months and I just happened to catch this thread. Your recut is absolutely amazing!!! What a wonderful idea and it worked out perfectly. I can't wait to see the new setting that Brian Gavin will design to showcase this beauty. I'll have to keep checking back to see when you post the final result. I hope you are doing well.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial said:
OMG Suzy I haven't posted on Pricescope in months and I just happened to catch this thread. Your recut is absolutely amazing!!! What a wonderful idea and it worked out perfectly. I can't wait to see the new setting that Brian Gavin will design to showcase this beauty. I'll have to keep checking back to see when you post the final result. I hope you are doing well.
Sundail :wavey: so nice to hear from you!
I'm like you, don't post very much these days, I'm a daily lurker though. Thanks for stopping by my thread! :D

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is nice to see Sundial - hello!

Any updates on the ring? We're all anxious to see it and it's new home!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Hey there MGR, it is good to "see" you too!!! Seeing Suzy's new ring will be a treat for all of us.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You bet!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial/MissGotRocks:
((group hug))

So I'm told the ring has gone to production. :appl:

I must admit I'm having second thoughts about posting it on PS.
Not sure if I want to make it public, I'm vacillating back and forth.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For security reasons or just to keep it one of a kind?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
For security reasons or just to keep it one of a kind?
My thoughts have gone back and forth.

I want to share with the PS community but I'm not sure I'd want it copied (if anyone would even want to) but there is always that chance once you post in a public forum.

Sharing in the excitement and the thrill of first impressions is always great, but would I be influenced by others who may not share my taste or point out things I could have done differently?

I think I'm going to wait until I get the finished ring on my hand to see how I feel.
I'll decide then.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, we'd all love to see it of course but if you don't want it copied, the best thing to do is not to post it. We've seen the heartache that can cause.

I'm sure it will be beautiful - I loved your original ring - but the most important thing is that you be happy with it. I would always respect your wishes - whichever way you choose to go! Would BGD agree not to post it on their site as well if you requested that they didn't?

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
MissGotRocks said:
Well, we'd all love to see it of course but if you don't want it copied, the best thing to do is not to post it. We've seen the heartache that can cause.

I'm sure it will be beautiful - I loved your original ring - but the most important thing is that you be happy with it. I would always respect your wishes - whichever way you choose to go! Would BGD agree not to post it on their site as well if you requested that they didn't?

I'm not going to be overly paranoid about it. I'd probably agree to let BGD post it, if they wanted to. Right now, I'm inclined to probably post a picture in the Engagement Ring/Eye Candy thread in SMTB forum rather than post my own thread. I know I will be happy with it and I do think that imitation is the highest form of flattery, so we'll see. Frankly, I'm thinking I will probably be the only one who likes it, so I am not in danger of anyone even wanting to copy it.

The Eye Candy thread seems like a good compromise, so I'll probably do that.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
No reason that you have to decide right now whether you will post pictures or not Suzy. Between your good taste in jewelry and Brian Gavin's other lovely pieces I can't imagine that your new ring will be anything less than spectacular, but it will be YOUR ring and you may just feel like keeping it all to yourself. Of course we would all love to see it, but we respect your right to decide what is best for you. I just hope you love it and enjoy wearing it!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Sundial said:
No reason that you have to decide right now whether you will post pictures or not Suzy. Between your good taste in jewelry and Brian Gavin's other lovely pieces I can't imagine that your new ring will be anything less than spectacular, but it will be YOUR ring and you may just feel like keeping it all to yourself. Of course we would all love to see it, but we respect your right to decide what is best for you. I just hope you love it and enjoy wearing it!
You are so sweet Sundial, and you are right, nothing needs to be decided right now.
I'm a nervous wreck waiting for it and I'm second guessing myself on all the little decisions made along the way.
Once I see it and put it on, I'll know whether I made the right choices.
Everything is so abstract for me right now. CADs are just too technical, I can't wait to see the finished ring in real life.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, what the heck! I can't keep all this excitement to myself, here's the ring! :appl:

SuzyQZ Halo in box.jpg

SuzyQZ Halo in box2.jpg

BrianGavin_CustomPrincess2b_91210.jpg

BrianGavin_CustomPrincess1b_91210.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

SuzyQZ Halo on hand2.jpg

SuzyQZ Halo horiz on hand.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

BrianGavin_CustomPrincess3b_91210.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzy! this incredible. Please post over in the SMTB section!! I'm sure many have missed this thread-i love princess cuts! :love: :love:

AnneinGA

Shiny_Rock
Oh My GOSH! Suzy, that is absolutely stunning. What a beautiful, unique and stylish ring. It's a work of art.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
some close ups.

SuzyQZ_1067.jpg

SuzyQZ_1064.jpg

SuzyQZ_1071.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock

Profile in the shade_1050.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Last one for now.