Trade
What a great result! It's beautiful!

septsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
SuzyQZ said:
kenny said:
It's really beautiful and it's nice to see al the technical stuff too. :appl:
Thank you for your comment, Kenny.
I can't wait to get it back and actually see it for the first time with my own eyes!

I think you'll truly be amazed.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Here's the precut calculation that I got from Brian when he first reviewed my diamond.
His prediction was very close to the final result.
That's pretty darn good if you ask me!

SuzyQZ Precut calculated 1.45 to 1.15.jpg

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
septsparkle said:
I think you'll truly be amazed.
You know I'm just giddy with anticipation! :appl:

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
SuzyQZ said:
Here's the precut calculation that I got from Brian when he first reviewed my diamond.
His prediction was very close to the final result.
Pretty darn accurate if you ask me!

The diamond will have just over 91% of the surface area that it had before (calculating it by using the old height and width vs. the new), which isn't that much smaller at all, especially considering what you are gaining. I'm sure that it will have much more sparkle and life to it now. Enjoy your newly cut stone! :appl:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they did a nice job. Brian has a little brown diamond that I took out of the ring I have pics of all over this forum and put a WF ACA in. The old honey colored diamond is 99 points, but only 6.1mm diameter. It's very top-heavy, the crown angle is almost 41%. Yes, I meant to say crown, not pavilion. :bigsmile: Brian's estimate is the stone will go from .99 to .81, but lose less than .2 diameter. I can't wait to see the results and seeing your's makes me even more excited. I hope you'll post a bunch of pics once you get it. :appl:

Fire and Ice

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That's an amazing transformation. You must be so pleased!

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That is an amazing change. Brian is definitely "The Diamond Whisperer". I hope you post picks when you get it back. I'm sure we'd all love to see how it sparkles now. :sun:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Sweet. Great story about your recut diamond. Looking forward to seeing pictures after you get it back. You must be so excited. :appl:

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Very, very cool! Good for you for keeping your beloved stone. She is now at her very best. :appl:

Thanks for sharing.

Cachette :))

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
shihtzulover said:
The diamond will have just over 91% of the surface area that it had before (calculating it by using the old height and width vs. the new), which isn't that much smaller at all, especially considering what you are gaining. I'm sure that it will have much more sparkle and life to it now. Enjoy your newly cut stone! :appl:
Thank you for doing the math on this. I ended up with basically the same dimensions and I'm so glad (relieved). It was a risk to decide to recut, but now that it's over, it was soooo worth it!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Andelain said:
Wow, they did a nice job. Brian has a little brown diamond that I took out of the ring I have pics of all over this forum and put a WF ACA in. The old honey colored diamond is 99 points, but only 6.1mm diameter. It's very top-heavy, the crown angle is almost 41%. Yes, I meant to say crown, not pavilion. :bigsmile: Brian's estimate is the stone will go from .99 to .81, but lose less than .2 diameter. I can't wait to see the results and seeing your's makes me even more excited. I hope you'll post a bunch of pics once you get it. :appl:
You should have every confidence in Brian, but know there are always risks to a recut. Brian's vast experience helps him very accurately predict the outcome and I would have the utmost confidence in that. Basically, if it can be done, I think he's the guy that can do it. Yes, it is an exciting process, good luck to you!

It will be a while before I can take pictures. After it gets back from AGS, BGD is working on a custom ring for it. I am hoping that when Brian gets it back from AGS, he'll be inclined to take some pictures so we can add it to this thread. I've already put in a request with Jamie and she said she would see what she could do.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Fire and Ice said:
Wow! That's an amazing transformation. You must be so pleased!
Yes, very pleased and relieved that the process is over and I know the end results.
I was worried about many things; that the stone would shatter, that the weight would fall below 1 carat, that the cut would only improve marginally, that the face up spread would be significantly smaller.
Fortunately, none of my fears came true. Both my husband and I are extremely pleased, now the only thing I have to worry about is the ring design.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing recut! You must be thrilled!!! Love to see pics when you get it and when you get it remounted!
(I guess this calls for a new setting too???)

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
SeattleSweetheart said:
Wow! That is an amazing change. Brian is definitely "The Diamond Whisperer". I hope you post picks when you get it back. I'm sure we'd all love to see how it sparkles now. :sun:

It goes back to Brian after recertification, I've asked for pictures. They are making a ring for it, so I won't get it back for some time. But I'm sure it will all be worth the wait. I call him "The Diamond Whisperer" because he looked at my diamond and saw the potential for beauty in it and was able to get that result.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
tyty333 said:
Amazing recut! You must be thrilled!!! Love to see pics when you get it and when you get it remounted!
(I guess this calls for a new setting too???)
Oh, yes a new setting, of course!! :naughty:
That will be a process and I need to be patient, which, unfortunately, is not one of my virtues!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Cachette said:
Very, very cool! Good for you for keeping your beloved stone. She is now at her very best. :appl:

Thanks for sharing.

You know, diamonds are a strange thing. To some they are just a piece of rock. To me, they represent important events and absorb the emotions of that event. When my husband bought this diamond for me, it was as if all his hopes and dreams for us were represented by it. The fact that a jeweler sold him an inferior diamond is unimportant, because his intention was to present me with something special and precious.

His intentions are what I see in my diamond, not the crooked stone. That is why I didn't want to upgrade. Lord knows, we could have easily many times over, but somehow in its "imperfectness" there was a deep attachment. A reminder we are all imperfect, but strive for perfection and are deserving of love. The recut was a way to let my diamond realize its full potential, and the beauty that was trapped inside her. I know what you are thinking, too much "emotion" attached to a piece of rock. But for me, this one was special and I'm glad her true beauty is now shining through.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
SuzyQZ said:
Cachette said:

Thanks for sharing.

You know, diamonds are a strange thing. To some they are just a piece of rock. To me, they represent important events and absorb the emotions of that event. When my husband bought this diamond for me, it was as if all his hopes and dreams for us were represented by it. The fact that a jeweler sold him an inferior diamond is unimportant, because his intention was to present me with something special and precious.

His intentions are what I see in my diamond, not the crooked stone. That is why I didn't want to upgrade. Lord knows, we could have easily many times over, but somehow in its "imperfectness" there was a deep attachment. A reminder we are all imperfect, but strive for perfection and are deserving of love. The recut was a way to let my diamond realize its full potential, and the beauty that was trapped inside her. I know what you are thinking, too much "emotion" attached to a piece of rock. But for me, this one was special and I'm glad her true beauty is now shining through.

Awww - I definitely understand exactly what you're saying! My FF and I have already talked about the possibility of upgrading my e-ring stone in the future, and we decided that we will see how we feel if/when the time comes. Honestly though, I really think that once I get it, I'll probably become very attached to *our* diamond. :)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats!! Fascinating story & I can't wait to see *actual* pix!! (And the new setting of course!)

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice, it looks so much better now!!!! thank you for listing the cost and the stats, I to have a princess purchased about 8 years ago and it looks alot like your before you had it re-cut and mine is really deep and faces up much smaller then its 1.01 ct...I might have to look at having mine recut as well. Congrats on the beautiful stone!!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
decodelighted said:
Congrats!! Fascinating story & I can't wait to see *actual* pix!! (And the new setting of course!)
Deco:
Just got an email back from Jamie. Yes, Brian will definitely take pics when the diamond comes back, YAY!!
New setting is "in the works" :naughty:

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
diamondrnglover said:
Very nice, it looks so much better now!!!! thank you for listing the cost and the stats, I to have a princess purchased about 8 years ago and it looks alot like your before you had it re-cut and mine is really deep and faces up much smaller then its 1.01 ct...I might have to look at having mine recut as well. Congrats on the beautiful stone!!
You know, I'm no expert but, it seems like most princess cuts out there are poorly cut and deep. I don't know if it's the nature of the cut that tends to be bottom heavy or that the knowledge/education of the purchasing consumer is not as high as those buying rounds, but it does seem that well cut princess' are really hard to find.

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
shihtzulover said:
SuzyQZ said:

Awww - I definitely understand exactly what you're saying! My FF and I have already talked about the possibility of upgrading my e-ring stone in the future, and we decided that we will see how we feel if/when the time comes. Honestly though, I really think that once I get it, I'll probably become very attached to *our* diamond. :)

Yes, funny thing how our diamonds take on such emotional importance for some of us. Once you have it, it will be hard for you to part with it. Not everyone is as emotional, for sure.

cemrn

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! He's a magician and a gentleman. He recut my RB and I could have cared less about the little bit of weight loss. It faces up beautifully. Yours is an amazing transformation. Doesn't even look like the same stone

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
cemrn said:
OMG! He's a magician and a gentleman. He recut my RB and I could have cared less about the little bit of weight loss. It faces up beautifully. Yours is an amazing transformation. Doesn't even look like the same stone
Exactly! :bigsmile:
Well worth the lost carat weight.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh suzy it's lovely ;-) are you going to be able to keep your setting for it?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very interesting to see, and I bet the change in optics is very noticable!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Cehrabehra said:
oh suzy it's lovely ;-) are you going to be able to keep your setting for it?
Hi Cehra! :wavey:
A new custom setting is in the works, I decided not to reuse the original, I wanted something more blingy :naughty:
Now that my stone is a little smaller, I wanted something different to enhance its look. No polished mirror underside or naked side view this time around. DH had input in the design. I'm mixing a current trend in settings with my own twist on what I like in a ring. We'll see how it turns out. Maybe I'll be the only one that likes it, but that's all that matters, right? ;))

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D said:
Very interesting to see, and I bet the change in optics is very noticable!
Brian was pleased enough with it to strongly recommend I send it to AGS rather than GIA for recertification and Jamie told me it was a very "lively" stone. I have not laid eyes on it yet and it will still be a while as they are working on a custom setting for me. I am sure there will be a world of difference in its appearance. All I was hoping for was to improve its cut as much as possible and that was accomplished expertly by Brian.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic result! The technical aspects look wonderful - but I'm also curious about the visual difference. Can you describe them? I imagine it is much more sparkly...even though the original ASET looked as if it had a lot of reflection - if not a great cut. I've been wondering about recutting a stone - and this has put me one step closer to doing so. Congratulations :appl: :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results