shape
carat
color
clarity

beta.jamesallen.com

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I just registered. This is pretty awesome to a noob like myself!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW!!

And JA just raised the bar :appl: This is AWESOME!!! The hi-res view has those slow turntable videos...

Are the different views of each specific diamond, or are they simulated somehow, anyone know? I can't imagine how they'd simulate it for each diamond but how on earth did they photograph/video each stone?

ETA I can see inscriptions on some of the stones in the video, so I guess someone really did video them! Wow.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Pretty funny, but if you made an order recently you can go into "My Account" and look up the order. If you mouse over the "Shipping Address" area, you can see all the notes that they've made about you and that order. Nothing bad, but if you chat/email them a lot like me, the notes are LONG.

They'll probably get rid of this undocumented feature soon.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Amazing! I absolutely love this feature. It makes me want to upgrade, which I'm sure is the point! :lol:

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Wow, it's a great improvement. The amount of work they put into this upgrade is phenomenal.

Malbec54

Shiny_Rock
...and here I thought their website was pretty good to begin with.
Very user-friendly, nicely laid-out. Congrats JA! I think this website is a keeper!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I signed up two hours ago and have been on there since! Great idea JA :))

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, super fun! I like that they have fancies and gemstones, too.

isekii

Rough_Rock

isekii

Rough_Rock
stargurl78|1357666066|3350328 said:
isekii|1357649067|3350179 said:

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

What a stunning diamond!! How do you plan to set it?

I just created an account... very cool!

It's going to be set in this setting

https://www.eternitybyyoni.com/engagement-rings/diamond-engagement-ring/Halo-520.htm

I initially compared it to the 1.16 AVC specs and everything matched up very similarly Couple of the angles were few degrees off. Got the ASET and the opinions on PS was solid so purchased it :).

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yssie|1357617004|3350026 said:
photograph/video each stone?
There is a device that does it all automatic, put the diamond in. hit a button on the computer, save vid, remove diamond.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Karl_K|1357673634|3350428 said:
There is a device that does it all automatic, put the diamond in. hit a button on the computer, save vid, remove diamond.
Followed by -- sell diamond. Laugh on way to bank.

If only it were that easy. Then everybody would be doing it. :bigsmile:
It may not be magic but it's a cool way to present stones and, as far as I can tell, they're the ONLY place doing it at the moment. Nice job JA. This represents a LOT of work and I, for one, am impressed.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I signed up last night after I saw this post. omfg, I want to buy ALL THE DIAMONDS.

I love how you can see the inclusions so much better - like an inclusion that is pretty disguised from straight on looks heinous from an angle, or whatever. So fun!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
denverappraiser|1357674194|3350436 said:
Karl_K|1357673634|3350428 said:
Followed by -- sell diamond. Laugh on way to bank.

If only it were that easy. Then everybody would be doing it. :bigsmile:
It may not be magic but it's a cool way to present stones and, as far as I can tell, they're the ONLY place doing it at the moment. Nice job JA. This represents a LOT of work and I, for one, am impressed.
They even have one where the user can control the lighting settings and rotation in real time across the internet.
The company was called Dsee, Sarin bought em out.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
HOT DOG!!!!!!! This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously the absolute BEST way to buy online!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I'm an old fart, but I miss the old setup. The new lighting is more forgiving.

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
It's pretty neat, but lower-color stones look really off-color in the videos and not at all like they probably look in real life. I have a J SI2 oval that is gorgeous in real life. In warm lighting and in rooms with warm walls, sometimes I see a hint of warmth, but most of the time it's white. The videos of the J ovals make them look hideously off color.

I think some of those videos are going to turn people off to lower-color and/or lower-clarity diamonds that are perfectly lovely in real life.

liz

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
LibbyLA|1357688001|3350705 said:
It's pretty neat, but lower-color stones look really off-color in the videos and not at all like they probably look in real life. I have a J SI2 oval that is gorgeous in real life. In warm lighting and in rooms with warm walls, sometimes I see a hint of warmth, but most of the time it's white. The videos of the J ovals make them look hideously off color.
i think some of those videos are going to turn people off to lower-color and/or lower-clarity diamonds that are perfectly lovely in real life.

liz

I've been wondering about this too. Because of the magnification the inclusions do look very obvious even in some nice SI1 and even in some VS2s I've viewed. I can see where this can become very scary when trying to convince someone that the inclusion won't be see with the naked eye. Gemological evaluation is still going to be very important. It's still very cool and I bet they will see sales increase dramatically.

YoungPapa

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hi folks,

Thank you for all the words of encouragement and recognition. We've spent a long time developing the website and are excited about sharing this new technology with the world.

The website will probably stay in beta for another week or so, but soon after the registration page will be removed and access will be completely open. As always we appreciate the constructive feedback and will continue to work to make the imagery and website in general as user-friendly and accurate as possible.

Sincerely,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results