shape
carat
color
clarity

Assuming this checks out to make me a 3 stone ring....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1336182198|3187901 said:
Is your center 6.2mm or is it bigger now its out of the bezel? 1.15ct and 6.2mm would be a FAT stone! But good buy, your purchase has flipped over into a great steal with that center being so big, since a stone like that would cost you $2500+ on ebay if you could even find a steal like that!

One thing to think about: Can they make the shank a comfort fit at all? I personally don't like to wear squared shank rings.

Hm, go figure, I didn't ask, :lol: I always thought it was about 6.2 or 6.3, and there is probably weight in the depth. Either way, I don't care...it's all good. I must be a terrible pricescope not to care, but they did tell me there were no major chips, so that's positive!

The shank will be engraved milgrained, so it won't be so squarish (if you mean the cut of it). If you go look at the side view of the inspiration ring, you can see what I mean. And I found it comfortable to wear, but I'm not really picky.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1336182761|3187914 said:
Is your center 6.2mm or is it bigger now its out of the bezel? 1.15ct and 6.2mm would be a FAT stone! But good buy, your purchase has flipped over into a great steal with that center being so big, since a stone like that would cost you $2500+ on ebay if you could even find a steal like that!

One thing to think about: Can they make the shank a comfort fit at all? I personally don't like to wear squared shank rings.

Hm, go figure, I didn't ask, :lol: I always thought it was about 6.2 or 6.3, and there is probably weight in the depth. Either way, I don't care...it's all good. I must be a terrible pricescope not to care, but they did tell me there were no major chips, so that's positive!

The shank will be engraved milgrained, so it won't be so squarish (if you mean the cut of it). If you go look at the side view of the inspiration ring, you can see what I mean. And I found it comfortable to wear, but I'm not really picky.

A bezel can cover up to half a millimeter. I would suspect your diamond is at least 6.3 with that weight, maybe 6.4!

I was referring to the inner surface being rounded for comfort.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1336183006|3187919 said:
TravelingGal|1336182761|3187914 said:

A bezel can cover up to half a millimeter. I would suspect your diamond is at least 6.3 with that weight, maybe 6.4!

I was referring to the inner surface being rounded for comfort.

Ah, got it. My Jeff Cooper isn't rounded and it never bothered me, so I think I'm fine with it.

Yeah, who knows, maybe some of it was in the bezel. I could see some of the diamond where it wasn't round, so honestly I was expecting it to come in under a carat. But when I measured with a ruler (not scientific, I know), it always seemed like it was at least 6.5. Assuming I was off, I figured it had to be less, and a few jewelers measured it at around 6ish (which I didn't figure was correct.)
---
I just pulled up the appraisal by Patrick Davis, and he measured it as 6.3x6.3x4.2, so you may be right that it could be up to 6.4 if anything was hidden. But my guess is that it's not round, so parts of it measure less!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1336169267|3187792 said:
CADS for basic form. I approved them with the note that as long as the shank is thick enough with the smaller sides of the octagon that's fine. I don't want any stability or out of round issues in this ring.

Obviously, as with CAD, the final will be a lot more refined and will have the engraving.

WOW that face up CAD just stopped my heart. That's going to be to die for. I agree about the shank width, but you are on top of that. I just love the face up. It's to die for.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the design of your new ring - it is absolutely awesome! I am very taken with it - can't wait to see it finished!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1336183666|3187927 said:
TravelingGal|1336169267|3187792 said:
CADS for basic form. I approved them with the note that as long as the shank is thick enough with the smaller sides of the octagon that's fine. I don't want any stability or out of round issues in this ring.

Obviously, as with CAD, the final will be a lot more refined and will have the engraving.

WOW that face up CAD just stopped my heart. That's going to be to die for. I agree about the shank width, but you are on top of that. I just love the face up. It's to die for.

Ha, I'm glad you like it, especially since you have a lot of experience with custom. (I'm glad everyone else likes it too, btw, so thank you for the nice words.) I honestly thought at first about posting it to ask for feedback before I sent the approval to 23rd street, but I think sometimes there is such a thing as rethinking something too much. When I saw it, my initial reaction was "hey, that looks good!" so I sent back my approval 2.5 seconds later. :lol: Then I posted it here!

Joni assures me that it will be strong enough. Seeing how they well they did putting my Leon back in round, at least I am confident they are good at putting things back into shape should something happen. :cheeky:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it's going to be amazing!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are my other rings after a bit of rehab. My Amelia ring was out of round, and I am happy with how they put it back to shape. The pic with my e-ring is the before pic, if you can't tell.

The platinum band is REALLY hard to tell with the naked eye at casual glance (if you think that the ring is 2mm in width). In macro shots, I don't think it would pass PS muster, but I am really happy with it. ::)

In the head on view, the added on bit is the slightly mashed up one dead center of the pic (she said it was not going to be even with the other ones, which was fine by me because honestly, they aren't all even anyway!) From the side profile, the bit added on is at 12 o'clock.

Overall, I am very pleased.

4 prong claw.jpg

Leonresized.jpg

ringsized.jpg

ringsized2.jpg

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to be a stunner TGal! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice job. Really.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1336187168|3187963 said:
Nice job. Really.

Did you get your stacker yet??!? :))

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all again for the enthusiasm. I feel very blessed to even be able to have this project. ::)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's done! I'll have more pics tomorrow once I take them in the sunshine, but I wanted to at least point a couple of lame ones I took in my office fluoro lighting. ::) The full review and many more pics will be on SMTB tomorrow.

I wanted to thank everyone again for your help and enthusiasm. I was also able to check out the brooch today and wow...it's in pristine conditions The bezels don't even look tampered with. I was tempted to take it back and keep it but will ship it to Ari to see what he can do for me.

23rd street was wonderful and I feel lucky that they are close by for me to work with them. I really love the ring...it has quirks and the uniqueness of a handmade ring, and of course the stones are old cuts so they have their nuances. It's just fab!

Sorry for the not so great pics, but I will take better ones tomorrow. I just wanted to share with all the folks who came along for the ride first. :wavey:

btw, I'm BLIND from the bling. Seriously, the weight on my finger is out of control.....

RINGDONE.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, drool! WOW! :love: :love:

That is some serious bling!

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
OH. MY. GOSH. :shock: It is absolute perfection!!! :love: :love: :love:

I can't wait for the SMTB thread tomorrow with more eye candy! :appl:

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh em gee!! it looks fantastic! can't wait to see some macro pics lol...! and i love that crown on the center, SWOON. congrats, lady! and I am soooo licking on that ring in PS. :love: :lickout:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy crap woman! It looks phenomenal. The crown height on your center stone is bananas! Is the ring set fairly high? I can't tell from the perspective.

And I love the stack. I wear a plain band stacked with my Aurora and love the look, it adds some grounding to the blingy band. Yours look perfect.

It is making me want to keep my 1ct and two .70s :devil:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
GOOD GOLY MISS BLINGY! That's her name now. Miss Blingy. I can't wait for the detail shots. But the ones posted are just right to hold me over. I LOVE it with your bands. Unbelievably lovely.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337235487|3197175 said:

You should. Just saying.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1337235862|3197177 said:
Dreamer_D|1337235487|3197175 said:

You should. Just saying.

Bbuuut.... Buuuttt... Buuuttt.... a BIGGER OEC???

But I hears ya. I hears ya.

Back to you TGal.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There's always bigger. At some point, it's enough. Especially with two large blingy companions.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I love it I love it I love it! :love: :love:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks all!

Yes, I will try to get nicer pics tomorrow, although I am offsite for part of the day.

There is only one thing that I don't love compared to the original ring, but the rest they really nailed. I think they had to make adjustments because of the three stones, and because they are smaller than the original. But I think the engraver decided just to do it differently for whatever bizarre reason. Considering I walked in there today and Joni basically told me it was about $900 less than I expected, I am NOT complaining about this minor thing! :lol:

Mara, no problem on the licking. I'll be busy drooling over your stuff.

Dreamer, the height is perfect in my book. About the same as my ering. So higher than probably a lot of Leon rings are set, but proportionally it is great.

I'm with Gypsy...Dreamer, you want a three stone. Keep finding deals and selling and you'll have enough for a 3c stone anyway. I can't imagine bigger stones on my 3 stone ring, but I am a size 5.25, so that helps. I never got DSS on my e-ring, so this one is almost overkill.

Gypsy, Ms. Blingy, I like it! :sun: :praise:

Also, this one is for you Dreamer...the center banana crown, with fluor. ;))

IMG_1387.jpg

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that style of OEC in the banana stone.. .errr... keystone. It is my favourite style of OEC, and I know that because I have owned/own about 12 :lol: I bet it shows so much kozibe, does it? Those proportions are almost OMC like the crown being so sky high like that. I want macro photos as soon as you can showing the faceting on all three, please. The sides obviously are different, would be fun to see the comparison.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1337238717|3197196 said:
I love that style of OEC in the banana stone.. .errr... keystone. It is my favourite style of OEC, and I know that because I have owned/own about 12 :lol: I bet it shows so much kozibe, does it? Those proportions are almost OMC like the crown being so sky high like that. I want macro photos as soon as you can showing the faceting on all three, please. The sides obviously are different, would be fun to see the comparison.

Yes Dreamer, quite a lot of kozibe, which I didn't think I'd liked before I started really looking at old cuts.

It's really interesting to have the three stones in the ring. Visually they match, as I have said before, but profile wise, definitely not. It would really annoy the average PSer, but I love it because it's fun having different cuts in the ring, and also because this ring is to symbolize my family, I like that one diamond isn't quite as "grown" as the others. Hehehehe.

I have a meeting today offsite, but will try to get pics when the sun comes out this afternoon.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Just W :love: W! I don't even know what to say...so I'll wait to really comment on your SMTB thread. Looks amazing!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG :love: :lickout: :love: :lickout: :love: :lickout: I LOVE it TG. Enjoy it lady!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW :love: :love: :love:

That turned out beautifully!! the 8prongs on the side is perfect, and the whole piece just looks so deliciously antique with all that detail...

Mmmm. :appl:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow, this is absolutely beautiful!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous!! So looking forward to more pics.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results