shape
carat
color
clarity

Assuming this checks out to make me a 3 stone ring....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Miranda|1334596863|3172432 said:
Good to see you too! I see your baby is now an adorable little girl! My 'baby' is starting college in the fall so enjoy your sweetie because time goes by so fast. Yes, I have a project in the works as we speak. I traded my oval for a 8mm rb. It's currently being set in a temp setting, but, that's turning into more drama than I expected so I'm thinking I might just bite the bullet and put it in a forever home now. Though, I'll be hemmoraging money for the next six years with my oldest starting college and his younger brother going two years after that!!!! Puts a bit of a damper on major bling purchases. Darn that they're such good students! :lol: And darn that we visited private schools before UCs. The UC dorm bathroom situation is gross! I should have taken him to prisons first...Then public schools would seem so nice! Anyway...I won't threadjack and further, but, I am so glad I saw this thread. Manhattan Beach is conveniently located for me!

Wow, I loved your ring, but I am interested to see what you will do with it!

Yes, my daughter is 4 now. I haven't posted a pic of her in awhile but she's a big girl now. But college! Wow, already? Congratulations!!!

The UC bathroom situation stunk when I went there 20 years ago. I can't imagine what it's like now. :knockout:

Yes, they are on MB Ave, a couple of blocks south of MB Blvd.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
FYI, I made my decision. Project if officially off the ground. This will be interesting. I really carefully louped the stones today and they definitely have mousebites and the main stone is offround (not uncommon for these cuts). So we'll see how they can be set.

I swear, next time I'm buying a premade ring. :rodent:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update:

Even though I am going with 23rd street, Ari is still happy to get bids for the brooch and sell it for me (and making a bit for himself, which obviously is fine by me). It's nice because 23rd street can send it right to him via truck, sparing me the hassle of making another trip to Hill St.

I am really happy that 23rd street is local, but it is a shame that I didn't choose a PS vendor. I do think PS vendors are tops for service and just know what we PSers are like (a fear I kind of have with 23rd, but knock on wood!)

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on the kickoff! 23rd street makes beautiful stuff ... I don't think they'll disappoint! Is the plan still three octagonals?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal, I am SO excited for you. I will be waiting to see how it turns out. I agree that 23rd Street does some amazing work per their website.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1335204561|3178573 said:
Congrats on the kickoff! 23rd street makes beautiful stuff ... I don't think they'll disappoint! Is the plan still three octagonals?

Yes, the pics of the piece which will be the model is on page 9 or so of this thread.

Thanks Bright Ice!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think 23rd street with do a fantastic job! I cannot wait to see it!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo|1335208511|3178634 said:
I think 23rd street with do a fantastic job! I cannot wait to see it!!

Same here!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, Joni put on the order a request for 5 diamonds down each side. Not sure if all 10 diamonds will make it on there, but I thought it was good of her to throw that in, since I didn't even think I could have diamonds down the shank (this setting, while not unreasonable for the work, is certainly more than say...my cheapish stock Jeff Cooper setting!)

I think it was Mike R who said there are workhorses and then cars you want to take around the weekend for a spin because they are not meant for every day wear. I'm so pleased with my tank ering, but boy...it's going to be fun to have an antique fancy set of wheels. Whee!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really my philosophy, too, TGal! I wanted the wedding set that could be worn daily, and things like my sapphire ring will be worn on occasion! I love antique design rings especially, but they need more TLC!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't reply to you on that other thread, but I was worried about the avatar change being confusing!!! Do you think I should change it back? It is always hard for me when people change theirs, too!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1335241509|3179164 said:
Can't reply to you on that other thread, but I was worried about the avatar change being confusing!!! Do you think I should change it back? It is always hard for me when people change theirs, too!

Well you inspired me to take off my Santa hat. :rodent:

Nah, don't change it. You're right that other avs look a lot like it. This one will stick in no time, and it's distinct and gorgeous. :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1335241509|3179164 said:

OMG. I didn't recognize you at all DS. It was only because of this conversation I actually took a look to see what the name was with the sapphire. WOW.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TGal... :lol: I will hopefully adjust to it being you without the hat!!! (And thanks again about the ring!)

Gypsy...that is what worries me..I want my long time friends to know it is me! If you want to see better pictures, I have a thread in Show Me the Bling (Beaudry ring...) with the new ring and pictures are on pages 1 and 2. Pictures of the matching earring stones (unset) are in Colored Stones (Blue Sapphire trio).

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! This should be exciting! :appl:

I know you saw my thread but wanted to weigh in here. If you have a bezel around the stones, definitely be very clear that you want the bezel even all around. I saw multiple bezels in handmade rings at 23rd street with sloppy, uneven bezels. They have a 2nd benchman that seems to do better work, the pave work was flawless.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
webdiva|1335278449|3179366 said:

I know you saw my thread but wanted to weigh in here. If you have a bezel around the stones, definitely be very clear that you want the bezel even all around. I saw multiple bezels in handmade rings at 23rd street with sloppy, uneven bezels. They have a 2nd benchman that seems to do better work, the pave work was flawless.

Thanks! I did see your review and noted it. I may not be as keen eyed. It all looked nice to me. :rodent: The ring I am using as a model I thought looked good, so those are my expecatations. Of course, I didn't loupe it, study it, scrutinize it, or even really look at it very long, so we'll see. Macro pics are on page 9 of this thread, so if anyone else sees something screwy.... :sun:

BTW, if I told Joni I wanted the bezel even all the way around, I'm pretty sure she'd look at me cross eyed. :lol: This is where I think 23rd street and Pricescopers wouldn't mix that well. Here's hoping that it all comes out fine!

webdiva

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1335283238|3179431 said:
webdiva|1335278449|3179366 said:

Thanks! I did see your review and noted it. I may not be as keen eyed. It all looked nice to me. :rodent: The ring I am using as a model I thought looked good, so those are my expecatations. Of course, I didn't loupe it, study it, scrutinize it, or even really look at it very long, so we'll see. Macro pics are on page 9 of this thread, so if anyone else sees something screwy.... :sun:

BTW, if I told Joni I wanted the bezel even all the way around, I'm pretty sure she'd look at me cross eyed. :lol: This is where I think 23rd street and Pricescopers wouldn't mix that well. Here's hoping that it all comes out fine!

Is it the gold one on page 9? If it is, it looks lovely! Definitely not what I saw - I don't have the crazy OCD pricescope eyes. ;-)

The rings I posted aren't the wonky ones, I didn't post the bad rings because I immediately counted them out and wasn't going to waste precious iphone space on them. :) It was very, very obvious the bezels were off. There's an oval art deco bezel in a halo with the three wire band in one of the cases when you walk in on the left, check it out next time you're there - it's pretty bad.

If Joni gives you any issues, Deana (sp?) was really nice and helpful when I was there. Good luck!!! Can't wait to see your ring!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks webdiva. Yeah, they are all nice and I met webdiva. Joni so far is great to work with, but I just meant she is more of a straight shooter (which I like) and I think if I asked her to make the bezels all even, she'd be looking at me like, "um, do you know what kind of work we do here?"...regardless of any sloppy bezels that might be sitting in their shop. ::)

Well, I went to ebay again because this ring is taking up a good chunk of funds, I am pretty limited on what I can spend on stacking bands. I had contacted ERD to get a quote on a thin diamond band (and his quote was reasonable), but on the same day I went to ebay and found 2 bands that I liked. One a stacking platinum milgrain diamond band in a marquise/figure 8 style pattern and the other a thin 18K WG diamond band in exactly my size (5.25) that's about 1mm wide, and both are full eternity. I won them both on the same day. The total cost for BOTH bands was $650.

I got them today and holy cow, I love them both!!! Especially the platinum one! The thinner one I was planning on using between the platinum band and the 3 stone ring as a buffer/spacer since the metal is WG and the diamond girdles don't seem to extend beyond the metal.

I will be SO sad if 23rd street can't make the platinum one bigger! I know these aren't normally sizeable, but I just want a bar put in (although she thinks they may be able to emulate the design). God, it's a shame to mess with it, but I want to wear it, and I can only wear it on my wedding finger (or pinkies) at the moment. I knew it was small coming in, but it was a nice deal and exactly what I wanted, so we'll see!

WIthout further ado, here are some pics to enjoy!

IMG_1163.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1173.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hand shots!

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
wow, those bands are gorgeous-and a great price!

I am looking forward to seeing your 3-stone ring :)

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Great finds, TGal! I love both of the bands, and the price for the two...awesome!!! The marquise one is especially yummy. I can't wait to see the final result of your three-stone journey.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks onedrop and slg!

I have three days to return the platinum one (if it indeed checks out to be platinum). I will be very bummed if they can't do anything. Wah.

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1335382367|3180594 said:
Thanks onedrop and slg!

I have three days to return the platinum one (if it indeed checks out to be platinum). I will be very bummed if they can't do anything. Wah.

Keeping fingers crossed that they can resize it. How far do you have to go up? 5-5.5 or 5-7?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are soooooo pretty, TG! Sending resizing dust and :Up_to_something: envy. :tongue:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It currently sits at 4.25 (although I think it's closer to 4.5). I need it to be 5 minimum, 5.25 is better.

We'll see!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1335383932|3180623 said:
Those are soooooo pretty, TG! Sending resizing dust and :Up_to_something: envy. :tongue:

Thanks Deco! I was hesitant to try the LOGR rings and some other typical ebay vendors, so I dug around and found these from a smaller shop and the other from a private seller who doesn't do much at all on ebay (but has had an account for years, like me). I think they were quite reasonable!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
those are fantastic tgal!!! :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OMIGOD more rings? I am in loot overload! :bigsmile: :cheeky: Gorgeous nonetheless.. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The bands are beautiful, I especially love the one that has the marquise shaping :naughty:

Can't wait to see your three stone!!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1335384965|3180650 said:
HI:

OMIGOD more rings? I am in loot overload! :bigsmile: :cheeky: Gorgeous nonetheless.. :appl:

cheers--Sharon

I got them to stack with the 3 stone. I don't like 3 stone rings by itself, for the "mickey mouse factor" that Deco stated many pages back. Although with octagons, it should be OK.... ::)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results