shape
carat
color
clarity

Assuming this checks out to make me a 3 stone ring....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1331152645|3143203 said:
TravelingGal|1331145780|3143082 said:
Dreamer_D|1331145603|3143075 said:
The right you knows apparently don't go poopy looking over time. I think that is a great solution. Or you could get synthetic red you knows too, those are period appropriate I believe :read: .

I have heard ForteKitty's you knows are real and they are spectacular.

But I'm thinking the right you knows that don't go poopy (poopy, lol!) over time will cost some $$ and I might want a gem-gem for that price. But who knows....hm.
True. I think you should bring back the brooch. On a tiny shrunken super pale pastel pink linen blazer? Then pin it to a great fedora. Use it as a belt clasp on a retro dress of your choice. Lets start an entire jewelry-oriented lingerie line! "Bedazzled You Knows" One way to get the fellas innerested in buying bling FOR us. :Up_to_something:

I just don't have the panache to pull off pastel linen blazers or a retro dress. And if I can't bedazzle my you knows because really, post child they'd be bedazzled me sags.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This conversation is too funny. I like the idea of you knows and or aquas. I could very much get used to wearing it while watching Downton Abbey. I have a collection of silver and silver plate spoons. I only eat ice cream with them. In PJs. It just seems right somehow.

Dreamer, I'm up for tradies!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I can vouch for FK's "you knows" - they are real and they are spectacular! LOL

You couldn't have a better resource, TG. She has MAD good skills on this.

If these stones are as good as I think, I think you should keep it and make your 3-stone. Here's why: if you let this go, you'll be judging every other set of stones against these ones that you love, and finding 3 quasi-matching stones that live up to these in your head? Nyet.

Prima can give you a super good deal on tsavs, and their stuff is GOOD. I may be seeing them at their new location at week's end, and if I do, I'll see what they have in your sizes.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
aljdewey|1331157203|3143276 said:
I can vouch for FK's "you knows" - they are real and they are spectacular! LOL

You couldn't have a better resource, TG. She has MAD good skills on this.

If these stones are as good as I think, I think you should keep it and make your 3-stone. Here's why: if you let this go, you'll be judging every other set of stones against these ones that you love, and finding 3 quasi-matching stones that live up to these in your head? Nyet.

Prima can give you a super good deal on tsavs, and their stuff is GOOD. I may be seeing them at their new location at week's end, and if I do, I'll see what they have in your sizes.

My post child you knows hates FK's prechild you knows already! Hmph!

Yeah, the comparing is another thing I'm thinking about.

Thanks for checking what Prima has for me Alj!

I checked with another PS vendor (I'm only checking with two at this point), and a setting would be about $1000 less than Singlestone (if you factor in that I have to pay tax in Cali). He also believes he can easily get $1000 for the brooch for me. I would like to use singlestone, but gah...their prices are so high. Still not ruling it out though. The out of state vendor is one I've used a few times before, and I really like them a lot.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Keeeep them.... keeep them!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was date night last night and I spoke to the hubs.

1) he doesn't want to sell it.
2) he confirmed he didn't like the idea of anything outshining my e-ring (so a monster stone is out. Being that he is humoring me on my diamond hobby, I can deal with this...for now. :naughty: )
3) he loves the three stone idea. Loves it.
4) for the first time gave me an idea of what budget he'd like to spend on my setting. It's way more than I expected, as probably evidenced from my face looking like this when he told me -> :-o
5) said I can get started on whenever works for me, and that I don't have to wait until my bday to get it.

Since there has been a recent find of a 2 c stone around here for under 6K :cheeky: and I don't see it happening to ME any time in the next 10 years, I guess if I take my husbands feelings into consideration, three stone ring it is (sorry to those who hate the idea of taking it apart). He also doesn't like the brooch on me. Had me try it on with a few things and just thought it looked funny. He prefers me to sell it, and not rebuild it for myself. That last bit is still up in the air though.

Anyhoo, guess I need to start thinking of setting ideas and pricing them out. FK will see it on Sunday and maybe she'll tell me it's a dog. ::)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry, I can't follow your recent post, I got stuck... date night??? :???:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1331253344|3144504 said:
Sorry, I can't follow your recent post, I got stuck... date night??? :???:

LOL Dreamer...just remember I only have one kid. ;)) We finished up our social dance for couples class. Now after 8 weeks, we "once knew" the basic steps to waltz, rumba, foxtrot, tango, etc. Can't remember squat. Guess that's what happens when you come home, drink scotch, and try to rehearse...the scotch wins!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ahhh yes. One kid. Sometimes I think you got that right. We would be rich, rested, and have so much free time with one kid!

But I think Ryder might be the "good one" so hopefully it will make up for no foxtrotting for us :rodent: .

Now that I can conprehend your post, don't you think it is funny how much husbands sometimes care about things they usually don't care about?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well ... EXCITING, right? You're making progress on deciding at least. And you get to do it sooooooooonnnnnneeeerrrrr rather than later. Can't wait to see what you end up w/.

It was an EXCELLENT point earlier about comparing all future three-stone-combos to this one that you KNOW you like. Enjoy your find & your bargain. You're making a NEW Heirloom out of an old one. (Maybe TWO heirlooms if you or someone else fills the holes in El Broocho)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1331253936|3144527 said:
Now that I can conprehend your post, don't you think it is funny how much husbands sometimes care about things they usually don't care about?

Yes! And he wants a *SAY* in what the setting looks like. He wants to pick/design it TOGETHER. :errrr: :-o :o :rodent:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1331254338|3144539 said:
Well ... EXCITING, right? You're making progress on deciding at least. And you get to do it sooooooooonnnnnneeeerrrrr rather than later. Can't wait to see what you end up w/.

It was an EXCELLENT point earlier about comparing all future three-stone-combos to this one that you KNOW you like. Enjoy your find & your bargain. You're making a NEW Heirloom out of an old one. (Maybe TWO heirlooms if you or someone else fills the holes in El Broocho)

I'm looking at DBL and ERD in the east (I'm not up for Leon on this one, and he's out of my range, most likely)
And Singlestone and thought I'd shoot an inquiry to VC in the west.

But yes, kind of fun now that I know what the hubs would like to do for me. ::)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1331254559|3144549 said:
decodelighted|1331254338|3144539 said:

I'm looking at DBL and ERD in the east (I'm not up for Leon on this one, and he's out of my range, most likely)
And Singlestone and thought I'd shoot an inquiry to VC in the west.

But yes, kind of fun now that I know what the hubs would like to do for me. ::)

VC is out, as they won't accept customer supplied stones (outside the center stone). So as of this moment, I'm leaning toward ERD, but we'll see!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The husband input idea on the setting would be something I would have to do something about. As in, "Honey, that'll be great if you help design the ring, and I'll just choose your next car for you, k?" (or fill in the blank...computer, electronics, etc.)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1331259111|3144614 said:
The husband input idea on the setting would be something I would have to do something about. As in, "Honey, that'll be great if you help design the ring, and I'll just choose your next car for you, k?" (or fill in the blank...computer, electronics, etc.)

:lol:

Fortunately for me, "input" means, (Honey, I like these three settings. Which one do you like best?) He doesn't get to have input from "scratch"! :o Just veto power and help in the choices that I look at.

He got to pick his watch that I bought for his birthday. I got to say, "EW, no, I don't like that one!" But we both have similar taste...fell in love with the same watch the moment we saw it so I'm hopeful we'll agree to similar design ideas. He just wants "bumpy bits" in the ring (milgrain). ::)

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Dreamer_D|1331253936|3144527 said:
Ahhh yes. One kid. Sometimes I think you got that right. We would be rich, rested, and have so much free time with one kid!

But I think Ryder might be the "good one" so hopefully it will make up for no foxtrotting for us :rodent: .

*wondering if I should stop at one*

:)

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
This is such an exciting project! Yeah, I hear you on the broach. I have an adorable, great gold fish pin that I never, ever wear. Sometimes you have to let something back into the wild.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMHO Singlestone is the best at the "bumpy bits". :tongue: It makes my bumpy bits tingly just thinking about it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1331260700|3144644 said:
IMHO Singlestone is the best at the "bumpy bits". :tongue: It makes my bumpy bits tingly just thinking about it!

Well, I'll just have to second that thought!!! (I think!) :appl:

And TGal... :lol: ...I guess I can handle input that includes milgrain since I love it!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Singlestone is great (Ari and Heather are great) but TGuy is paying for the setting and their cost is just way up there! Plus I'm in California, so you'd add tax too. Still considering it, but it's also $17 to park there every time I go in! :o :rodent:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you are in CA, I'd consider Maytal Hannah. Her prices were very reasonable the last time I asked.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, the brooch passed the ForteKitty test. :lol: Girl's got an amazing eye - and it became pretty apparent I don't have much of an eye at all, as she had to teach me what to look for in facet patterns. :cheeky: All of her stuff simply looked "gorgeous" to me! What a bargain hunter she is, and a sweetheart to boot.

So thanks FK, it was wonderful to meet you and I really enjoyed it . I should break my no GTG rule and do it more often!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1331260700|3144644 said:

hahahahaha! :lol:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1331508813|3146502 said:
Well, the brooch passed the ForteKitty test. :lol: Girl's got an amazing eye - and it became pretty apparent I don't have much of an eye at all, as she had to teach me what to look for in facet patterns. :cheeky: All of her stuff simply looked "gorgeous" to me! What a bargain hunter she is, and a sweetheart to boot.

So thanks FK, it was wonderful to meet you and I really enjoyed it . I should break my no GTG rule and do it more often!

can't wait to see this project take shape :)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Looking for a new pair? I love pairs--looking at others' pairs is good also. Especially when they are natural, evenly matched: good pairs are hard to find. :saint:

These are my favorite:

http://www.wildfishgems.com/inc/sdetail/5252/14743

cheers--Sharon

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sharon, out of my price range!

Amysbling, yeah, me too!

Forgot to say, FK bought a black light loupey thing with her. The middle stone in the brooch has fluoro. So does a few melee in the brooch. But the most fun thing was seeing my padparadscha does too. It glows hot pink (which is making me wonder...should a natural unheated pad do that? ::) )

Of course, the MOST MOST fun thing was seeing her collection-o-stuff. Holy cow.

FK, I think I need to get one of those things (black light)!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1331510191|3146520 said:
Sharon, out of my price range!

Amysbling, yeah, me too!

Forgot to say, FK bought a black light loupey thing with her. The middle stone in the brooch has fluoro. So does a few melee in the brooch. But the most fun thing was seeing my padparadscha does too. It glows hot pink (which is making me wonder...should a natural unheated pad do that? ::) )

Of course, the MOST MOST fun thing was seeing her collection-o-stuff. Holy cow.

FK, I think I need to get one of those things (black light)!

I'd love to see her collection in person as well!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results