shape
carat
color
clarity

Asscher Stone..is this a good deal??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mglickm

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
i am a beginner in diamonds and am planning to propose in a few weeks. i have found a beautiful asscher stone for $9,200 as follows
Color - G
Carat - 1.43
Measures - 6.47 x 6.47 x 4.12
Depth 63.7
Table 69
Girdle - Thick
Culet - None
Polish/Sym - VG/VG
Clarity - VVS1
Fluor- none

any advice is appreciated. it truly is a magnificent looking stone, thinking of putting 20 pt bullets on either side..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is there a cert for this stone?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is it certified, as in GIA, etc...

mglickm

Rough_Rock
yes, GIA...although now that i look at the GIA report, they call it a square emerald cut..is that different than Asscher?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
No that''s what it should say. Glad to know it''s a GIA cert. If you love it and it''s pleasing to you that''s what matters most. The numbers are a guideline for us. Any chance you can post a pic of it?? The pics help us the most.
2.gif
Storm will be along shortly, he knows these stones the best!!!

mglickm

Rough_Rock
unfortunately i dont have pic. my main concern was that it was cut too shallow, as most other asschers i have seen dont have tables as high as 69..but it makes the stone look larger than a 1.43 carat and thats why i liked it.

thanks for helping out...
19.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perhaps Rhino can answer your questions. The asscher I bought from GOG had a nice spread too and faced up much larger than the .92 that is was.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The depth can work if everything else is ok.
My concern is with a 69% table is the crown height often shallow and large table equals flat crown.
A 69% table also means it can take on sort of a glassy look that a few people love but others dont like at all.
in general i recomend sticking with a smaller table percentage.

have you seen it in person?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results