shape
carat
color
clarity

ASET of the asscher I am really interested in! Opinions!

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
I asked JA to send me more info on an asscher I'm interested and they got back to me very quickly! Here is the image and specs on the diamond...
1.02 ct Price $3340 or $3054 with wire/pricescope discount
5.71x5.62x3.82
Clarity VVS1
Color J (this was one of my concerns but gemologist states it is a "whiter" J)
Depth 68%
Table 67%
Polish Excellent
Symmetry Very Good
Girdle Slightly thick to Thick
Culet None
Fluor None
L/W Ratio 1.02
Any opinions are welcome, my budget is $3500 and I plan to set the diamond in a 2mm knife edge solitaire setting. I hope this works, as I am posting the image from my phone! Thanks for your help (:

1474989aset.bmp.jpg

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
Here is the gemologist's opinion. It makes me feel better about the J color grade...

Our gemologist has determined that this diamond is perfectly eye clean and has a slightly higher/whiter "J" color. There is a small area under the table that appears a little dark but you will see that the attached image is predominantly red, indicating nice light performance. To see if you find this darker area unattractive, you may want to consider purchasing the diamond to see it for yourself. If you find it to be unattractive, you can always take advantage of our 60 exchange/return period.

Resize.jpeg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The darkness under the table comment is a flag for me, despite the ASET. The gemologist didn't say it was a bright beautiful asscher. And at JA they do say that if it is. I would trust the gemologist's opinion over that ASET in this case. I would either pass, or see it in person. But I'd be most likely to pass.

zcoop7

Rough_Rock
Ohhhhhh Gypsy! I definitely pass on this one because my boyfriend proposed to me tonight and the ring is gorgeous! I had no idea!!! I'm getting ready to post pics on the other forum!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY! Can't wait to see it.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
zcoop7|1340158384|3219844 said:
Ohhhhhh Gypsy! I definitely pass on this one because my boyfriend proposed to me tonight and the ring is gorgeous! I had no idea!!! I'm getting ready to post pics on the other forum!!!

:appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
He got you exactly what you wanted! What a wonderful guy! CONGRATS! It looks beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results