shape
carat
color
clarity

Are most VS2 stones eye-clean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
I''m reading conflicting imformation regarding VS2 stones. Some say that they''re usually not eyeclean but others say they are. Please let me know your thoughts and experience. Thanks!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not only are most VS2 stones eye-clean, but the vast majority of VS2 stones are eye-clean. Check out the definition of eye-clean if you haven't already.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Short answer ... probably.

Longer answer ... I would have to say from what I have read, the majority of VS2 stones are "eyeclean" ... This being said, my understanding is that diamond clarity is graded from the table down which means that if there are no visible inclusions when looking from the table down, it might get a higher clarity grading. This means that it is a possibility that there may be inclusions visible in the pavillion of the diamond.

I don''t believe that this is very common, however, it is a possibility, therefore, it is not necessarily a guarantee that just because a stone is graded VS2 that there will be no visible inclusions. While this may be true, many people decide to step up to the VS2 range to increase the probability that inclusions will not be visible to the naked eye or if they are, they will not be large inclusions that affect the light performance of the diamond adversely or black inclusions.

I hope this helps.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 12:02:48 AM
Author:diamondnut
I''m reading conflicting imformation regarding VS2 stones. Some say that they''re usually not eyeclean but others say they are. Please let me know your thoughts and experience. Thanks!
Many are eye clean, but you HAVE to take that on a stone by stone basis. Some are some aren''t. I don''t care for broad sweeping statements saying all VS2 stones are eye clean. That''s not always true.
2.gif

Cocosgirl

Shiny_Rock
I am so not an expert but several girlfriend have SI1 and VS1 & @ stones and honestly, even with all the knowledge I''ve gained from pricescope I could never see from the naked eye where there were any inclusions.

That said, my sis has an SI2 that when she point out to me the inclusions I can see them but if you don''t know where there are I can''t really find them without a loup!

Anyway, not sure if that helps but I think a VS2 is really safe!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/30/2008 12:42:05 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 1/30/2008 12:02:48 AM
Author:diamondnut
I'm reading conflicting imformation regarding VS2 stones. Some say that they're usually not eyeclean but others say they are. Please let me know your thoughts and experience. Thanks!
Many are eye clean, but you HAVE to take that on a stone by stone basis. Some are some aren't. I don't care for broad sweeping statements saying all VS2 stones are eye clean. That's not always true.
2.gif
Ditto Kaleigh! There are many factors which can affect whether a VS is eyeclean or not and or from all angles! And as Garry just mentioned and I forgot to add, size can make a difference too and individual eyesight. I think for my eyes, most VS would be eyeclean these days....
39.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
From the face up almost all will be if you have great eyesight, and all will be if you are older than 40 or 50, but from the side or back maybe 1/3rd are not.

And size counts. Most 100ct VS2 are not eye clean, and all 0.10ct VS are eye clean

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/30/2008 4:41:57 AM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)
From the face up almost all will be if you have great eyesight, and all will be if you are older than 40 or 50, but from the side or back maybe 1/3rd are not.

And size counts. Most 100ct VS2 are not eye clean, and all 0.10ct VS are eye clean
Well shoot. I guess I''m going to have to go to VS1 to find that totally eyeclean upgrade.
11.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results