shape
carat
color
clarity

Appraisers Help: Am I Under-Insured?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Some questions for all who can help. I just obtained coverage on my ring. I heard here that there is going to be a significant increase in the price of diamonds in this next year. How much is significant? Are we talking a couple hundred per stone across all categories of color, clarity, carat, cut? Are we talking a thou or more across all of these categories? Instead of waiting the usually acceptable 2-3 years for a re-appraisal, should I re-appraise as early as next year when doing the renewal on my policy? Chris at D. Atlas did my appraisal, and I am confident that in normal conditions it would have been acceptable to wait the full three years before re-appraising. Now, however, I am nervous. Please help.

Shay

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
There's no way of knowing if you're underinsured without knowing the specifics.

I would call or email Chris at AGA and ask him. He'll know how long you have until you need a re-appraisal.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Rich. I appreciate the help.

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results