shape
carat
color
clarity

Anyone from Toronto picking up their diamonds in Buffalo or Detroit???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bungee

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve read a few posts about people who live in Toronto that drive over to the border to pick up their diamonds at the Fedex in Buffalo or Detroit?? Can Someone tell me how that works?? And which vendors will do that? Thanks in advance!!
21.gif

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
I had Whiteflash ship my ring directly to my home in S. Ontario. I had thought about going over to Buffalo to pick it up, but soon realized I''d be a nervous wreck thinking the box was sitting on a counter somewhere!

I also wanted to be ''legit'' and declare the purchase. No Duty, just GST on it anyways. And that way I had no problem with my Insurance Company either (who wanted a bill of sale + customs declaration).

LS

corgan

Shiny_Rock
I did this and I am dealing with Whiteflash. But I only did this because I have got screwed by Fedex on custom charges and their brokerage charges in the past buying other stuff so I prefer to make a day of it and go across to Buffalo to pick it up. That way I don''t have to pay any of the Fedex brokerage fees, but you still have to claim it at the border and like the above poster stated there is no duty just GST and PST.

Bungee

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the quick response!! When you dealt with Whiteflash, how did you communiciate? By phone or email?? Where in Buffalo do they ship it to??

DLFB

Rough_Rock
I would do this too, but it seems like a waste of time if you dont really like the stone.

But yes, I wouldnt mind the details corgan.

corgan

Shiny_Rock
I have spoken to Whiteflash over the phone and through e-mail. It has never been a problem in dealing with them on this matter. I have the impression that a few others do this too. Fedex is the worst and I try at all costs to avoid them. By the way it has nothing to do with Fedex in the States it has more to do with Fedex Canada, they just enjoy ripping people off because they can. So like I said I make a day of it and go shopping! Plus too I live pretty close to the border so it isn't out of my way, but I would re-consider if I lived a distance away.

I use the Fedex holding station at the Buffalo airport, and I monitor where my package is and pick it up as soon as I can so it isn't there for long.

DLFB- with Whiteflash they sent me pictures before anything is shipped and so far everything has far exceeded my expectations so no worries about it being something I wouldn't like.

ETA- Whiteflash fully insures the ring and diamond therefore 'if' it is every stolen or lost it is fully covered so there are no worries in shipping it to a holding station.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:37:06 AM
Author: corgan
I did this and I am dealing with Whiteflash. But I only did this because I have got screwed by Fedex on custom charges and their brokerage charges in the past buying other stuff so I prefer to make a day of it and go across to Buffalo to pick it up. That way I don''t have to pay any of the Fedex brokerage fees, but you still have to claim it at the border and like the above poster stated there is no duty just GST and PST.
small threadjack: there are NO brokerage fees if it is shipped Fedex Express.

Mine was delivered directly to my office at work. It was easy to bring it through, just a faxed One time power of attorney and I was done.

LS

corgan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/17/2008 9:46:42 PM
Author: LostSapphire
Date: 11/17/2008 9:37:06 AM

Author: corgan

small threadjack: there are NO brokerage fees if it is shipped Fedex Express.

Mine was delivered directly to my office at work. It was easy to bring it through, just a faxed One time power of attorney and I was done.

LS

My friend bought her ring from Whiteflash and had to pay a brokerage fee, anything I have bought and shipped through the border through fedex you have to pay a brokerage fee. Maybe since you had it shipped to your work?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results