shape
carat
color
clarity

any advice on how to sell a diamond?

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone,

For the most obvious of reasons, I will need to sell my stones in the near future. Do any of you have any advice on how/where I can do so to get the highest price? The diamonds are 3.3 carat and 4.2 carats, H, VS2, ideal proportions.

Thanks everyone! Not the most exciting post this time I'm afraid.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are the specs?.. :naughty: graded by which lab?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry. I think the best way to sell stones of that size is to consign with someone like Good Old Gold. I think selling stones of that value yourself would be a little difficult. Plus, they can sell them closer to retail and after the commission, you'd come out okay. If you sell them yourself, people would expect a big discount off retail. I have sold 2 diamonds through GOG. It took a few months, but it was well worth it having them take care of everything. It is so much safer for the buyer who can have the assurance that the stones are as represented.

You could list on LoupeTroop and then post them in pre-loved here, but again, I think many buyers would be afraid to not go through a middleman for such a large purchase. You could call Neil Beaty and see if he'd act as middleman in this case...to appraise stones and receive payment and send out the diamonds for you.

Good luck to you!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also, you could consign w/ Grace at Jewels by Grace or talk to Yekutiel @ ID Jewelry to see if they are interested in purchasing. Good luck to you...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, after looking back at your rings, I feel like it is worth a shot selling here (loupetroop + appraiser) first. I think a lot of us might be interested in your rings. I'd buy that 3 ct in the Leon setting in a second if I didn't have a relatively new stone. I'd love to see it sold intact.

Are you selling your BK band? If so, what size is it? I am looking at that exact band right now.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I would definitely consider selling any bands on LT, but for the larger carat rings I'd be more comfortable consigning with GOG or Grace.
You may find a lot of interest on the board either way.
Good luck on the sale.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let me explain that I believe Neil would have a flat fee (plus the shipping costs, etc.) to do this and it would be less than paying commission based on the diamond sales price like the jewelers would do. You'd have to call and ask him, but I believe somewhere I read that he might offer that service. You'll sell them faster if the price can be lower.

diamondnut

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your replies everyone. All your suggestions are great. I'll explore each option and see where they take me.

Dancing Fire…they're both GIA. One was purchased from Whiteflash, the other from James Allen and they both still have all the relevant purchase documentation. I don't have the specs in front of me but they're both super ideal cut.

Diamondseeker…thanks for your thoughtful comments. I will be selling all my bands, including the Beverly K one, in additional to all my other wedding jewelry, eventually. I'm a size 6. Is that your size? Even if mine isn't your size, you should definitely get one of these. I highly recommend! It's one of my favorite jewelry purchase of all time. It's different, yet versatile. Kind of like a pair of leopard print shoes…different, yet somehow goes with everything.

BTW, where is the pre-loved section on here that you speak of? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks again everyone. I will do my legwork and try to not be too hasty in my decisions.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondnut|1400569917|3676585 said:
BTW, where is the pre-loved section on here that you speak of? I can't seem to find it.

If WF and JA will agree to sell their diamonds on commission that may get you the highest price.
However, this may take a long time to sell and you don't get paid till it sells.
I did this and the diamond took over a year to sell, but I got a very high price ... though I was lucky to buy it before prices shot up.

Generally, the faster you want the money the less you get.

Here's the pre-loved forum: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/']https://www.pricescope.com/forum/preloved-ps-jewels/[/URL]

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results