shape
carat
color
clarity

Anniversary Stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EdSkinner

Shiny_Rock
andr3wpd

You are not alone.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I didn't want to say it. I agree.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I've also wondered if this post is for real. If it is, I have a suggestion. Do NOT go with a D color, IF or VVS stone. Lower the quality a bit and buy her a small country or an island to go with the rock.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/8/2004 11:54:11 PM andr3wpd wrote:

Am I the only one to think this is not a legit thread? Or just the only one to think about posting this thought? If it is legit then sounds like a case of more money than sense.

-----

I was wondering when someone may chime in with some sense.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Add me to the list of doubting Thomases.
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
moi aussi
2.gif

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------

Am I the only one to think this is not a legit thread?

----------------
no. but it was an interesting enough question to give it a legit response.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL... we heard the words 7 and carat in the same sentence...that will do it every time.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/9/2004 1:00:03 PM CaptAubrey wrote:

----------------

Am I the only one to think this is not a legit thread?

----------------
no. but it was an interesting enough question to give it a legit response.
----------------

Yeah it is an interesting question. Got me to think how I would go about acquiring such stone. I'd be more inclined to hire a trusted jeweler/broker w/ connections and not reveal my name. Do it really low key & have my broker deal w/ the big boys. And, if such stone came up on auction, I'd never do my own bidding & would be on the phone w/ my broker.

limey

Shiny_Rock
[/quote]no. but it was an interesting enough question to give it a legit response.

----------------[/quote]

Yeah, actually it was very fascinating reading, seeing how something like this could be accomplished. Spending $1/2 million on a rock, on anything for that matter takes alot of effort! Brewsters Millions!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------

Yeah, actually it was very fascinating reading, seeing how something like this could be accomplished. Spending $1/2 million on a rock, on anything for that matter takes alot of effort! Brewsters Millions!----------------

Only if you care about quality and value! $$ is easy to spend in any quantity.

dunndeal

Rough_Rock
What an interesting thread! Beleve me the thrill never gets old chasing down these large stones. Diamonds like this are thinly traded but beleive me they get bought and sold everyday. Its not all that uncommon here in South Florida!

solange

Brilliant_Rock
I am sure stones like this get traded but they are usually bought by people who have contacts and know how to go about making a purchase of this magnitude. It was surprising to see a request for this kind of information on a site like this. I turned to Pricescope for advice because I wanted to get the best possible stone at the best price. The information I gained here saved me from a costly mistake and I am awaiting news on a stone found for me by Lesley of Whiteflash.
I hope that if ClosingtheDeal has found his prize he will post pictures. I am very curious to know if this was a legitimate inquiry and,if so, how things turned out.
rolleyes.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
Closing...

Rather than a ring, how about a regent cut *pendant* that will not overwhelm her hand. It would be something she can wear everyday, and yet it would not seem overdone?

win

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
OK, not that I know what it means (or really care), but I think that closingthedeal and chowchow99 are the same. Look at this thread: \"Insurance, revisited, Again!!!!.

Closingthedeal ends the thread by saying, "To Fire&Ice. As I stated just previous to your response, I had a claim just a few weeks ago and got top service from Chubb."

This was the first post by closingthedeal in this thread, but two posts before Fire&Ice's reply, chowchow99 says that he recently had a claim with Chubb. "I have my homeowner's policy with Chubb and had some water damage in my family room. I had a check in less than 10 days to cmpletely cover the damage. No problems whatsoever. Absolutely, positively most enjoyable experience working with Chubb." He must have forgotten what username he was using.

And then look how chowchow99 is the first person to jump to closingthedeal's defense when someone suggests he is a phoney. Where is Holden Caulfield when we need him?

Of course, in this thread (\"Buying a Top Quality Stone\"), ChowChow99 says that he is looking to buy a 2.75 to 3.00 carat ring for his wife of 20 years, so I guess the ring is getting bigger but he and his wife are getting younger!

Goodness gracious, my fiance (it's still so fun to say that!) and I were just talking about the losers we know who make ridiculous accomplishments and serendipities . . . but the sad thing is when you don't even have any real friends to whom to tell ridiculous lies, so you have to tell complete strangers. It's kind of a chicken and an egg thing . . . do people who are pathological liars drive people away with their mendacity, or do they resort to telling lies because they're trying to gain friends/respect/who knows, which they are lacking for some other reason, in the first place?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Phoenixgirl, you are right. I'm ordering a new set of 'Diamonds in the Web' pins
appl.gif

What should we do with such people who just fooling arround 7ct stones?
Up_to_something.gif

limey

Shiny_Rock
I already suspected as much. I PM'd chowchow99 and asked why the grammar attack, his response was I attacked him first. I also noticed that the only other thread where chowchow99 and closingthedeal made contributions was one involving insurance. Did not want to point this out and make it look personal so thank you for your detective work.

Andrew

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/10/2004 8:08:53 PM leonid wrote:

----------------

Give them some?
5.gif

He he...

solange

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 4/10/2004 10:02:27 PM valeria101 wrote:

----------------
On 4/10/2004 8:08:53 PM leonid wrote:

----------------
Give them some?
5.gif

He he..

I need side stones for my 12 carat D flawless *solitaire*. Will you give me some? Two seven carat stones will do the job.

----------------

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
thankfully, solange, stones like this do get traded frequently!

good luck on your search!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 4/11/2004 9:01:34 PM closingthedeal wrote:

So maybe I was quite wrong looking to this site for some diamond information; and should defer to what I wanted to do in the first place

----------------

He he, you are in for a ride with this purchase. This thread is just a sample. The average jewelry shop will employ bigger smiles for cover.
9.gif

It is hard to believe that something with 0.5% probability just happened (such as seeing a 7cts D-IF ideal on someone's hand on the street)- so conspiracy theories start to look good.

This is why the big mean stones reside in nicely shops, most often acessed by appointment.
cry.gif
Get a broker !

CaptAubrey

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 4/12/2004 4:46:10 PM Nicrez wrote:

See this old (CLOSED) post... The 2005 Vette Story

----------------
and, like that one, i think it's time to close this thread as well...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results