shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this stone...

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone please advise me on this stone? What would be a good deal for this stone?

9672i.jpg

dreamer_dachsie

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can use the PS search tool above to look for comps for value. But just on paper the table is very large and the depth a little low. Can you see it in person? Or can you get photos and other information?

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
I saw the pictures, it looks like there might be a bit of a dead spot, maybe due to the large table?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would also rule it out due to "extremely thin" on the girdle and only "good" for symmetry.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
AllieLuv83|1326207014|3099302 said:
what if the price is right?

Price is one consideration. It is a large diamond, so if size is a consideration, it's over carat and the color and clarity are in good price for value ranges. The girdle would give me pause -- you may need to be careful on how you set it. A simple solitaire setting would expose the thin girdle and increase your risk of chipping the stone. Yes, in my experience, many emerald cuts with tables larger than their depth can look dead and/or glassy. You may not see much fire out of the stone either, if the steps on the crown are very shallow. So, if your main criteria are price and carat weight, this stone could work for you. Is this stone available from an online vendor, a local retailer, or through a private seller?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results