shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on a recycling project...

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
So a few months back I got my dream RHR https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/i-got-double-halod-by-erd.205699/. Well that has left a perfectly good platinum three stone ring not getting worn. I was originally just going to keep it but I feel I could turn it into a pendant or three! Size of stones are roughly .25/.5/.25.

I really want a bezeled pendant and am thinking of using BGD and doing the Barbara on the .5 center. I absolutely adore Athenaworth's yellow gold one in similar size - milgrain with the beaded chain. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-oec-milgrained-barbara-pendant.172645/. Athena, if you happen to see this, I went to the ebay seller that you got your chain through and it comes in different widths - .8mm, 1.0mm, and 1.2mm. Do you remember what width you got. I am also going to contact BGD to see how much their beaded chain costs.

My question to everyone is all of my fine jewelry rings, earrings, are all in platinum or white gold. I wear no fine jewelry necklaces. I generally wear more fashion jwelry necklaces - statement necklaces like from JCrew or long necklaces. And to be honest they are all in yellow tone not white. And I wear alex and ani bracelets and I am always drawn to the yellow metal tone. So what do you think I should get - stick to white gold to match my other fine jewelry or go with the yellow gold like Athena's (which is so divine and my eye is drawn to it). My gut is telling me to get the yellow gold because I really enjoy wearing the yellow and it looks nice on me - fair skin, blonde. But then I don't want to regret it down the road.

With regards to the two .25 point stones, I was debating on making them into two DBTY solitaire pendant style (mickey ears). Keep one for myself in white gold and make one shorter in yellow gold for my God daughter. Does anyone wear a little pendant like that? Do you think I shouldn't bother on one for myself?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
There's been plenty of yellow gold around these parts for awhile now! Go with your gut and get the yellow gold, you could always rhodium plate it later on if you change your mind! And plenty of people love the look of a .25 as a single DBTY, usually on a shorter chain.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
First, your ring is beautiful!!

But I think you can absolutely do yellow gold. I wear white metals and rose gold (yellow gold doesn't work on my skin tone) and I've mixed and matched RG with Platinum, and RG with WG and think it looks fine. So stick with what you like best!

Last summer I had BG make me 3 martini pendants, the smallest being .24ct. I don't think it's too small at all. I've worn it on it's own, layered with my other diamond pendants, and even layered with my pink gold pendants. The size is great, works with everything. Just the perfect amount of sparkle.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1422118379|3821387 said:
There's been plenty of yellow gold around these parts for awhile now! Go with your gut and get the yellow gold, you could always rhodium plate it later on if you change your mind! And plenty of people love the look of a .25 as a single DBTY, usually on a shorter chain.

Thank you so much for your comment Asscherhalo! Good point on the rhodium if I ever changed my mind. I am also debating on maybe quoting ERD as well because I had such a good transaction with them for my ring.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
elle_chris|1422118838|3821389 said:

But I think you can absolutely do yellow gold. I wear white metals and rose gold (yellow gold doesn't work on my skin tone) and I've mixed and matched RG with Platinum, and RG with WG and think it looks fine. So stick with what you like best!

Last summer I had BG make me 3 martini pendants, the smallest being .24ct. I don't think it's too small at all. I've worn it on it's own, layered with my other diamond pendants, and even layered with my pink gold pendants. The size is great, works with everything. Just the perfect amount of sparkle.

Elle Chris, thank you! I think the yellow gold is what I am leaning towards. I may down the road decide to get a bigger pendant and maybe I'll decide at that point if I want to go white or not. The way I see it is these stones are "free" in a sense because I already own them so might as well just have fun with them and make them into what makes me happy NOW. I'd love to see your pendants that you had made. Do you have a thread on those? Did you provide your own stones or are the BGD's?

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
lizzyann|1422119240|3821396 said:
elle_chris|1422118838|3821389 said:

Elle Chris, thank you! I think the yellow gold is what I am leaning towards. I may down the road decide to get a bigger pendant and maybe I'll decide at that point if I want to go white or not. The way I see it is these stones are "free" in a sense because I already own them so might as well just have fun with them and make them into what makes me happy NOW. I'd love to see your pendants that you had made. Do you have a thread on those? Did you provide your own stones or are the BGD's?

Exactly, why not do something with them? Better than have them lie around.

I provided two of the stones, and purchased the .24 from BGD.
But, they do charge an additional fee for the setting if it's not their stone.

I did a thread in RT showing the size difference. There's a few pics of me wearing them too so you can get an idea of what a .24 looks like on the neck. Yours would look larger since you want to do a DBTY.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-diamond-martini-pendants-from-bgd.208640/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-diamond-martini-pendants-from-bgd.208640/[/URL]

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I did a thread in RT showing the size difference. There's a few pics of me wearing them too so you can get an idea of what a .24 looks like on the neck. Yours would look larger since you want to do a DBTY.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-diamond-martini-pendants-from-bgd.208640/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/three-diamond-martini-pendants-from-bgd.208640/[/URL]

Thank you for the link. That's exactly what I was looking for. Do you find you wear once size of your pendants more often than the others? Think I might as well give it a shot then using the .25's too. I'll have to investigate what my final cost would be to have these babies set though by BGD! Because I need 18", I want the beaded chain with milgrain, Barbara, and then a setting fee. It might get ridiculous in terms of pricing. Might have to price out with ERD as well.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I also may use one of the small stones for a DBTY solitaire bracelet maybe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results