shape
carat
color
clarity

A little project teaser...French cut diamond band

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pic.
3mm square. Going to get them to confirm weight tomorrow before I celebrate... :wink2:

I was talking to the owner of the store where I bought the OEC I just sold and the three stone I just bought. Asked if he would keep an eye open for french cuts because our tenth anniversary is in a year and a half and I figured it would give me the time to save the arm and a leg I would be paying to own a band with FCs.

He asked one of the employees if they had mailed out the FC parcel yet and told me that they had bought a piece from a lady that had put them with a big clear non-diamond stone :o

So needless to say, the discussion of making me a band out of them began. This is part of the parcel. Luckily she had them in a pin (which was rarely worn) before having them removed, split and given down to two of her daughters. Just have been sitting in a safe waiting!

I am eating my words that I swore never to use rehabbed french cut diamonds EVER again. Yum, yum, yum!!!

They only concern I have is the between the finger comfort. I will get the depth tomorrow and post. I would like some advice from those that have had eternities or 3/4 eternities made from larger stones. My last FC find were 1.8 mm stones.

photo_8_1.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: Said I would never and I did!! A little project teaser.

How deeply cool - I cannot wait to see the finished result!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I'm jealous. Seriously.

So fun!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks all! Rosebloom, that feeling is what stoked the fires again when I saw another fellow pser's recent purchase. Good motivation ;-)
Circe, what are the dimensions/stats on your band? (Diamond width, finger size, etc.)

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Hmm, lemme check my appraisal:

size: 6.5
width: 3mm
weight: estimated 2.85 carats (27 stones)
color: F-G
clarity: VS

It's a really good size. I feel comfortable wearing it as a stand-alone, but it works well with other bands on the days that I want to stack.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock

Totally jealous!!! What a great find on your part!! They are gorgeous!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade

You should have put "French Cuts" somewhere in the title, I would have been the first person to post in your thread :cheeky:

These are so pretty! Congrats on finding some!! You're making my dream project come true :bigsmile:

pandabee

Ideal_Rock

:love: those are amazing!! I dream of a French cut band one day!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks again all! Glad I have someone to share the excitement with :) I would be better asking bra sizes and be more comfortable than if I started talking diamond stats, finger size and band widths with my friends.
I am still waiting on proof that the parcel weighs what they claim it weighs. We will see. I have taken my hands off the wheel until we get a wax carving back. It should take a week or two (they say one, I expect two...)
Circe, sounds like yours are close to what mine are. Appreciate the stats and will probably be back for more questions. I am nervous about the 'between the finger' comfort, but they assure me that their fab guys are good and it won't be a problem.

D

Deactivated member 42515

Everyone is French cuts except me!! I'm so jealous!!!! I think French cuts avoid me!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock

**Update**
Was able to try on the wax to approve the design, fit, etc. It is a little thick, but its not a big deal if I can make the ring fit snug. I have a little airspace between my fingers thanks to having bigger knuckles. Sorry for the awful dry hand shots. Its embarrassing, but I literally drove up to the jewelry store between clients, looked at it, wore it, kissed it goodbye and hightailed it back to work.

It looks like the band will be around 5mm wide and 2.??mm thick. It will have milgraining and goes about 80% around. The back will have the little wheat design engraved.

Wish I had better pics! In ten business days I will have the real thing. So I can take better pics then.

photo_12_0.jpg

photo_11_2.jpg

two_little_birds

Brilliant_Rock

Saweet score! Look at those frenchies! :love:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have an update on your band yet Vinjewels? I'm anxious to see it.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Bright Ice and derbygal, it is supposed to be ready today or tomorrow and I can't wait either!!! I will post as soon as it is in my possession :wink2:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vinjewels|1367349894|3437593 said:
Bright Ice and derbygal, it is supposed to be ready today or tomorrow and I can't wait either!!! I will post as soon as it is in my possession :wink2:

Alright :appl: Do tell the number of stones, depth and TCW.

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
From Memory the FCs were 3.6mm square, 2.4 or 2.6mm depth and there are 12 stones. I am trying to remember the total carat weight...I think 3.26, but all specs will be in with the ring. I asked them to weigh the stones and take a pic for me before setting them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results