Date: 5/29/2010 9:28:11 PM
Author: Rhino

Date: 5/29/2010 12:08:15 PM
Author: CharmyPoo

Date: 5/28/2010 9:00:18 PM
Author: Rhino
Sure iota. Here''s a direct link to it.

http://www.vimeo.com/6599079
Oh boy .. I remember that one! It was gone mighty fast.
Charmy ... recognize the ''O'' color H&A round I use in the color comparison I use in that clip?
Is that now the M color AVR?
Yep. The warmer color does the vintage facet design/proportions much nicer IMO though as Charmy says... beautiful both then and now.

Thanks for the input Breann. I value your input as well as your mom''s. If I see demand is high enough I may design a different optical signature that maximizes smaller reflections in a chunky along the lines of that and others I''ve had possession of from time to time in the past. We did in fact cut a prototype of a modified AVC that did this (reduce the size of the reflections under the table) which we have the ability to produce. Perhaps in time.

Kind regards,
Jon, let me be the first to put in a vote for reduced facets under the table. I like chunkies but the AVC''s cross are Way too large (for my eyes anyways), and I prefer the facets at the 3, 6, 9 and 12 sides of the AVC''s to be a little smaller. I''d love to see the prototype if you have any available, or even a video of it.
I sincerely appreciate the input iota. I''ll try & locate the clip. For a short period of time there was an AVC on my site with a distinctly different ASET. A .80ct I VS. It may have even been posted once on the forum. I showed the potential client the clip (which is private) explaining its not 100% the same as an AVC and they loved it. When they got it in person even moreso. I can''t access my backend on this laptop at home (forgot my stinking password) otherwise I''d show you the link to the diamond. Once I find the clip I''ll show ya.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Hi - OP here. I''d like to say what a pleasure it was meeting Jon, it was great to see how passionate he was about diamonds! Both diamonds are truly beauties. I prefer the H over the AVC because I like smaller chunks versus larger chunks, I suspect it''s because I am upgrading from a RB and to me the H seems to be the best of both worlds. Jon really did find the needle in the haystack. Unfortunately, the color was too warm for me. I''m quite sensitive to color and the stone seemed warmer than the other H colors I''ve seen but I think it''s because I got to see it in a whole range of lighting at GOG versus indoor office lighting at other vendors. My current stone is also an F but it''s a very white F (I''ve been told) so that doesn''t help the comparison. So, now I have to figure out what I am going to sacrifice for the higher color. I''m already at my minimum comfort level on the clarity scale (VS2) and I do want to stay around this size, so I guess now I just have to hope to win the lottery LOL.

iota and breann - agree with you on the smaller facets under the able. they just seem to make the stone "dance" more.

tyty333 - was lucky enough to have the stone on my finger and if it was just a tad cooler, it''d be in my hot little hands right now! Jon put it in one of those "ring" stone holders and my girlfriend could not believe her eyes! It was stunning!!! I wish I took pics!

Phoenix - thanks! It was a beauty... next time you leave china, you gotta allow for a few hours on vimeo.

Thanks all for your input and a special thanks to Jon for acquiring this for me to look at!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Your right Rhino, I can''t see through the AVCs bc I would see the setting but I guess it would like I can see all inside the diamond, like an EC. I feel like I can see every little facet and if it was lower on clarity I would see every little imperfection. I don''t know how to explain, it''s not bad seeing into a diamond but again just an association with my EC. I''m what you would call an RB person so that''s why my EC isn''t working for me.

Mrs W

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2010 11:28:50 AM
Author:jgny
I got in touch with Jon recently about cutting an AVC, but it is way out of my budget. He found me a very interesting 4.33 ct cushion, link to this video compares it to the AVC he has in stock. Thoughts? I am going to try and see the stone in person. It is an H VS2.

http://www.vimeo.com/12096941

I feel like I did a thread Jack here, sorry about that. Too bad the H didn''t work for you bc it was cut beautifully but I
sure you''ll find something soon. Good luck finding cushions, I''m sure your in good hands with goodoldgold.

jgny

Shiny_Rock
No, not at all Breann. Having looked at quite a few cushions, the good bad and ugly, I have realized it it quite personal which cushion seems attractive to someone.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
re color jgny, I really suspect that if you wore the H without the comparison of your F, you would not notice the tint after a while. I noticed this happened with my J color, which I went to after having a high G. Just something to think about if you are unwilling to sacfrifice other factors to get the size you want. I have read this from others on PS as well. This is of course assuming you can let go of the mind clean issue
2.gif

jgny

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 2:42:43 PM
Author: dreamer_d
re color jgny, I really suspect that if you wore the H without the comparison of your F, you would not notice the tint after a while. I noticed this happened with my J color, which I went to after having a high G. Just something to think about if you are unwilling to sacfrifice other factors to get the size you want. I have read this from others on PS as well. This is of course assuming you can let go of the mind clean issue
2.gif

Dreamer - that does make sense but I think it is also a mind clean issue as well. It''s funny, in some of the lighting environments, the stone looked almost the same as my F. But in others, I could see the warmth. The warmth showed up when there was some backlighting (e.g. behind my hand) but in direct lighting it was minimal. Thanks so much for your thoughts :) very much appreciated. It''s just quite a lot of money and for that price (and up) I want it to be perfect to me!
19.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/30/2010 3:16:23 PM
Author: jgny

Date: 5/30/2010 2:42:43 PM
Author: dreamer_d
2.gif

Dreamer - that does make sense but I think it is also a mind clean issue as well. It''s funny, in some of the lighting environments, the stone looked almost the same as my F. But in others, I could see the warmth. The warmth showed up when there was some backlighting (e.g. behind my hand) but in direct lighting it was minimal. Thanks so much for your thoughts :) very much appreciated. It''s just quite a lot of money and for that price (and up) I want it to be perfect to me!
19.gif
I hear you! Though it cost considerably less, my recent upgrade was a lot of money for us and I struggled with not being able to afford what I really wanted -- afford both in practical terms and in terms of what I was willing to spend. In the end it worked out very well for me and I am happy with my compromise on color, which was easier to make because I knew there was an uograde/return policy that would allow me to get something different if I found this really bothered me. So I guess I took the risk on the color knowing it was not a permanent decision. But really, I think if the diamond really appeals to you and catches your fancy, then you might not care about color at all! In my case, I love this diamond and even though it is a tad warmed that I might otherwise choose, I love it and don''t want to part with it. Since you have doubts about this one, it is not the diamond for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results