shape
carat
color
clarity

3-sided pave wedding band HELP!

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
I've started searching for a wedding band to go with my e-ring, but I'm having trouble trying to decide between a few options that I have.

Here's my issue: My e-ring has diamonds on all 3 sides of the band (picture attached). I am worried that having a band next to the diamonds may rub against them and cause damage to them. Could some of them fall out? Be scratched?

Of course I can always wear my e-ring alone and not worry about a wedding band, because I don't want to damage those stones (or cover them up :))

If I do decide to go with a band, here are the options I have considered:

1. The matching band that is made to go with the ring. It also has diamonds on all 3 sides. In this case, it would be diamonds rubbing against diamonds. Would this be a problem?

2. A similar diamond pave band without diamonds on the sides. In this case, it would be diamonds rubbing against metal. Are there any problems with this as far as the diamonds in the e-ring are concerned?

3. A spacer. The only thing about a spacer is that I don't know anything about them!

I guess what I'm really asking is: Am I better off without a wedding band? I don't want to damage the diamonds in my e-ring in any way! And I really love how it has diamonds on all the sides, every where you look. I wouldn't want to cover them up!

Any information you all could give me would be great! Thank you! :D

ering7.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get a spacer from etsy :) there are teeeeny tiny ones available for very reasonable prices. Then you can get your matching band. The spacer+ band will look cute together when worn alone if you're ever in an environment to leave the ering @home..

OCmom3xboys

Shiny_Rock
If you do decide on the 3 sided pave, yes, wear it with a spacer. My original set were 3 sided pave and after 7 years, the bottom of my rings were dented from rubbing.

BTW, I love your e-ring :appl:

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd do a spacer or just wear it solo.

MrsDrP

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, OCmom3xboys! :)

I'm beginning to like the idea of a spacer! But I'm still concerned about the diamonds on the side of my e-ring. Will they be damaged if they are rubbing against metal?

Here is a picture of the band I really want. It is made by the same designer. Why would they make a matching 3-sided pave band for a 3-sided pave ring if the diamonds rubbing against each other could cause damage???

ering_band.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One does wonder why rings are made that will damage each other for sure! You will have to wear a plain band between the two rings. Once you get the wedding band, I would go try on a variety. Some people like very tiny ones that are lower in height than the other two, or you can go with a 1.5-2.0mm plain band that looks like a 3rd ring in between. The plain metal band won't damage the diamond bands, but it is the diamond sided bands that damage what is next to them. The plain band can just be polished from time to time.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Yep, I agree with the others, that you will need to wear a spacer or wear your ering alone. I really like the look of a spacer, especially the type that DS suggested that look like a third band between your ering and wedder. Your ring is gorgeous btw! :love:

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a 3-sided pave ring. To me it seems like wearing any type of ring next to it is covering up all those pave diamonds. I prefer to wear mine alone although I know newlyweds want to have the wedding band as part of the package. Occasionally, I will wear a fancy band with my ering but only for special occasions and then I take them off. 3-sided pave is not for everyday wear, IMO.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
I've seen some multiple-sided pave sets that are meant to be worn together and designed not to rub. Example: the champagne pave set at white flash is slightly imperceptibly thicker at the bottom of the shank than at the top where the diamonds are. The result is that while the rings fit flush, there is a hairline gap where the diamonds won't rub against each other.
You might check if this is the case for you set? Or maybe can alter it slightly to make it like this?

Good luck!

aviastar

Brilliant_Rock
It's not the diamonds rubbing on each other that I would worry about; its the diamonds or the metal of a band (or spacer) rubbing against all those teeny tiny prongs and wearing them away, cause the two will spin seperately from each other unless you have them soldered together at the bottom. Do you have two, three, or four prongs on each diamond? If only two, which is common, once one prong startes to wear or get misshapen, there is nothing to hold your diamonds in place and they will start popping out.

I'd wear it alone. Even alone, I think you will pop some of your diamonds eventually because there is just not a lot of metal to go around when there are that many stones, in which case the manufacturer should replace them to keep your lovely ring just the way you like it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results