shape
carat
color
clarity

3.02 Old Mine - Dud or is this a runner?

Clio_C

Rough_Rock
First post so be gentle! Below are photos of a GIA certified 3.02 Old Mine Brilliant. It was recently cut from a chipped 4 carat bought at an estate sale. K color, SI1 clarity, eye clean. It's 8.68 x 8.43 with a table of 53% and a depth of 69.6%. Small cutlet.

Based on the photos below, do you think this might be in the running? Price quoted initially was about $21,200 (which is a high per carat price based on the pricescope chart for cushions with the same specs).

Thanks!

img_15254.jpg

img_15255.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dud or runner?

What does runner mean?

Clio_C

Rough_Rock
Okay well I didn't expect my phrasing to draw more replies than my question ;-) I did mean "in the running" and picked up that variation of the phrase from a friend.

Anyway, here's a link to the GIA: https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=1249602698

Stone is very bright in person and throws off awesome pastels outdoors. I've taken it in direct and indirect sunlight. Fluorescence is faint. The crystal at the edge that probably gave this stone its SI1 designation was, quite frankly, virtually imperceptible to me even with the loupe. It has a really interesting cutlet - it's sort of octagonal/asscher shaped.

I had my iPhone and didn't get high quality photos, but what I've attached here are the closest I've got.

I was wrong about the price being high per carat - it's Rappaport sheet pricing, I've double checked. It was re-cut by someone in Los Angeles - not that it matters, but I'm not sure how many cutters out there do OMB.

The jeweler is giving me Rap sheet pricing for my current stone on a trade-in, so once I've gotten credit for my existing stone (we paid ~$4k over 15 years ago and he'll give me $8950 for it), our out of pocket cost is just over $12K.

img_15270.jpg

img_15271.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results