shape
carat
color
clarity

2000 minus 35 posts and counting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
ROFLOL, what a story, is it true about the coke? Just too funny if it's so!
10.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/10/2003 11:19:05 AM caratgirl wrote:

I do love all the goodies, except for maybe the first one, cause that would be hard to set in a pendant.
9.gif
10.gif
----------------

I think many of us women have our sights fixed on the rubellite and the Tanzanite ;-).

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I'm prepared to enter keyboard-to-keyboard combat to get that tanzanite!

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread should tell the men something. I'm not sure *what*, mind you, but *something*! We are virtually fighting over the stones we like most (the rubellite and the Tanzanite) even though their retail value is less than that of other stones we might be able to obtain. (I say "might be able to obtain" in case Rich doesn't time his posting for the hour when I pick up my kid at school and start taking her to the doctor, ballet class, etcetera). Shouldn't there be a law that makes Rich unable to discriminate against driving mothers?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/10/2003 12:07:55 PM AGBF wrote:

This thread shoud tell the men something. I'm not sure *what*, mind you, but *something*! We are virtually fighting over the stones we like most (the rubellite and the Tanzanite) even though their retail value is less than others.
----------------

Sigh....I have to run some errands. Hope I don't miss too much. Need to buy cat food. Imagine those pesky cats needing to eat, possibly denying me *my*
cry.gif
cry.gif
gem.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
oh well...I gotta go.....
15.gif

I guess no star ruby for me
14.gif

good typing!

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
*small passive-aggressive voice* Ruby's my birthstone. And I was an underprivileged child.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cats and children are so selfish! They expect food and medical treatment without any thought whatsoever about their mothers!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'm glad you feel my pain.
9.gif

I will be back to pack this afternoon w/ the "you've got mail" on loudly.

Geez, what a promise of a gem will do to the ladies.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I still like that first one with the funky dino bone...that's so up my alley. That would make an awesome pendant with chunks of turquoise (already have those!) to match...ooooh...

Or I really like the cats eye stone...verra purty! You girls can have the ruby though it's a charmer too...

Ahhh I'd be glad to get anything. Does the winner get to choose what they want in order of the postings (e.g. first poster/winner gets first choice and so on) or is it just whatever Rich decides they get. That could make for some interesting trading later!!
1.gif

Woo hoo..something to look fwd to today and the boss is out so I can play without getting pulled into any random meetings!
1.gif

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
My impression was, the first poster got the first posted stone, second poster got the second stone, etc. Keep your finger over the 'submit' key, Mara!
9.gif

Richard who currently has control over so many women is MIA...
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara,

If I win the first prize I will trade it to you for the rubellite or the Tanzanite should you get one of those. It is looking increasingly as if I am completely out of the running, though :(. Maybe another jeweler would sell me some beautiful Tanzanite that color. Somehow I don't think he'd charge what Rich said was the retail price for his, though!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh
1.gif

Yeah I wonder what other treasures Rich has in his safe, he should put up a little auction for those who don't win...I'd be intrigued and those prices were pretty low in my opinion!
1.gif
I would love a pretty aqua.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks as if I, also, may make it to 2,000 postings today. I wonder what I could give away if I make it? Scottish shortbread?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/10/2003 1:00:27 PM Mara wrote:

Ooh
1.gif

Yeah I wonder what other treasures Rich has in his safe, he should put up a little auction for those who don't win...I'd be intrigued and those prices were pretty low in my opinion!
1.gif
I would love a pretty aqua.

----------------

I like it, Mara! I'd be glad to take an aqua, too! I don't have one of those and light blue is my best color ;-).

Deb

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Does the winner get to choose what they want in order of the postings (e.g. first poster/winner
gets first choice and so on)
-----------

Mara originally I was thinking that the poster would get whichever stone fell in the order in which their post was received (#5 poster gets #5 stone, etc).

You're concept sounds intriguing though. Would you guy's prefer Mara's method or my original method?

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
I'd opt for the original method. I'm not sure why though. I think there would be equal hubbub (I like that word!
9.gif
) either way.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, since Rich is evidently taking a nap, I have a question - who's closest to Sarasota? I say we head down there, stage a commando break-in, tie up Rich, and force him to post. And we'll make him type completely scurrilous things, like "Screw Hearts and Arrows! It's all a bunch of marketing hogwash anyways" and "That stone is dog! I can't believe you'd consider buying that piece of tripe! What are you, some kind of idiot?!!"

At least he'd be posting.

11.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rich wrote:

"You're concept sounds intriguing though. Would you guy's prefer Mara's method or my original method?"

That depends. When are you planning to start that thread?

Deb

PS-I actually think the first prize should be a choice. That way the winner actually *wins*. But I still want the rubellite or the Tanzanite ;-).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PS-Rich, is the post starting THE thread going to be your actual 2,000th? If so, please post a little more. Did you realize how rude it is of you not to have commented (at least once, maybe twice) on the new photos I put up {hint! hint!}?

Deb

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Also, tell me how you feel about this. In mulling over how to make it fair for everyone, including our overseas friends, I thought it might be best to post in advance the time and day I would deliver the 2000th post.

For example, 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time would cover the US nicely, and be midnite over there in the European turf, as well as 7am in the Australian/New Zealand part of the world.

What do you think of that? The final 2000th post be delivered, say, somewhere between 6:00 to 6:15 pm Eastern Standard Time on the day I use up these last thirteen posts. Seeing as how I'm slammed all day today with appraisals, tomorrow would probably be the most likely candidate.

How does everybody feel about that? The 2000th post/topic to be delivered sometime between 6:00-6:15pm on Tuesday, November 11th, right here on the RockyTalky forum.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think that both ways are interesting...it could be construed in different ways. E.g. If first poster gets first choice and 2nd gets second choice etc then its almost like in the way they WON...they get to choose. But if you want to do it in the way that you posted them (e.g. retail value first etc)..that works too!
1.gif

pulp_princess

Shiny_Rock
sad.gif
I'm out. I'll be commuting home at that time. Less competition for everyone else.
1.gif
Early congratulations to the winners and nobody fight, okay?
9.gif
Thank you, Richard, for the fun!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I like Mara's idea; it rewards the speedy.

I think the proposed time is very fair, though part of me was looking forward to the excitement of a random 2000th post popping up who knows when.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/10/2003 1:19:09 PM Richard Sherwood wrote:

Also, tell me how you feel about this. In mulling over how to make it fair for everyone, including our overseas friends, I thought it might be best to post in advance the time and day I would deliver the 2000th post.

For example, 6:00 pm Eastern Standard Time would cover the US nicely, and be midnite over there in the European turf, as well as 7am in the Australian/New Zealand part of the world.

What do you think of that? The final 2000th post be delivered, say, somewhere between 6:00 to 6:15 pm Eastern Standard Time on the day I use up these last thirteen posts. Seeing as how I'm slammed all day today with appraisals, tomorrow would probably be the most likely candidate.

How does everybody feel about that? The 2000th post/topic to be delivered sometime between 6:00-6:15pm on Tuesday, November 11th, right here on the RockyTalky forum.

----------------

I dunno, Rich. Although tomorrow is called Veterans Day in the United States, it is actually Armistice day, the day that World War I ended on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month. Doesn't that seem an appropriate time for celebration if this posting must be made at some pre-announced time on Armistice Day?

Deb, reminding Rich of her first profession :)

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
On 11/10/2003 1:00:27 PM Mara wrote:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh

Yeah I wonder what other treasures Rich has in his safe, he should put up a little auction for those who don't win...I'd be intrigued and those prices were pretty low in my opinion! I would love a pretty aqua.
----------------

I like it, Mara! I'd be glad to take an aqua, too! I don't have one of those and light blue is my best color ;-).

Deb

A Girl's Best Friend
---------------------------------------------

Mara & Deb, I'm with you on this. An auction for some cool gemstones would be so neat. I have about 20 gems in the safe, waiting for a home...I got into Ebay frenzy the first year of Ebay when things were still good and cheap. Unfortunately, the gem 'homes' are quite expensive, so I just get them when I can justify it, but I still want more!
9.gif
10.gif

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
That sounds equitable. It allows for other members in different time zones to have a fair chance.
1.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 11/10/2003 1:23:29 PM Hest88 wrote:

I think the proposed time is very fair, though part of me was looking forward to the excitement of a random 2000th post popping up who knows when.----------------

Part of me was looking forward to that, too, Hest. But, Rich, no matter what you do, not everyone can win. And no means of distribution of the loot can be everyone's first choice for the way it is distributed.

At least once on Diamond Talk a generous vendor was stoned by an angry mob for trying to be fair to everyone. Just remember: no good deed goes unpunished. So don't twist yourself into a pretzel over this. It's supposed to be a *game* and a celebration of *you* and this *forum*!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
3PM PST and 4pm CST...that works well
1.gif
Wait...okay no meetings tomorrow at 3pm...
rodent.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rich,

Not meaning to use up any more of your numbers, but for the contest, are you going to submit a new post for the contest, or are we going to be replying to this original one?

I actually thought it was quite exciting to get a random shot at any of the gems, by the way....
10.gif

Edited to say: Nevermind...I don't read well when I am in gem frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results