shape
carat
color
clarity

1 ct round 599?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

turismo

Rough_Rock
How can the Diamond Exchange sell a 1 ct round solitaire ring for $599? (you can see it on their website under specials) Do you think these are second hand rings? Or are they just really low quality?

fancycoloredfan

Rough_Rock
even if it''s "2nd hand" - i don''t see how the price would be $599. it''s not like a car --- if the diamond was worn before and reset - i don''t see how it could lose it''s value.

anyhow, i''d want to see a cert -- maybe the diamond is clarity or color enhanced?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 7:28:58 PM
Author:turismo
How can the Diamond Exchange sell a 1 ct round solitaire ring for $599? (you can see it on their website under specials) Do you think these are second hand rings? Or are they just really low quality?

Near industrial grade "frozen spit" probably. Some people just want to know it''s a "real diamond" with NO REGARD to how it looks. Ebay has some doozys with photos that make you say "Whaaaaa?" or "Why?" or "Fool!"

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
You don''t want those diamonds. They are poor color, poor clarity (possibly clarity enhanced, not sure) and the cut is pretty bad as well. They do have a diamond room in the back, where the better diamonds are.....and those are GIA or EGL USA certed...but you have to do your homework on the cut parameters.

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/6/2006 7:59:58 PM
Author: FireGoddess
You don''t want those diamonds. They are poor color, poor clarity (possibly clarity enhanced, not sure) and the cut is pretty bad as well. They do have a diamond room in the back, where the better diamonds are.....and those are GIA or EGL USA certed...but you have to do your homework on the cut parameters.
Walmart was featuring 1 ct. brilliant cut diamonds on line this holiday season for $995.00 Most of the time was out of stock.I -2-3 clarity...so you can just imagine what a $599 1 ct. looks like...a faceted SOS pad?

www.metrojewelryappraisers.com

turismo

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Sorry, I meant "The Jewelry Exchange." The page is

https://www.jewelryexchange.com/productdetails.asp?webid=WEB-111100021

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To my knowledge, the Jewelry Exchange started out as a pawnbroker, I think in Texas. I think there is a history page on their website that tells about how they got started. I don''t know if they necessarily still deal with "secondhand" rings, but I know I have looked at their selection of colored stones online and be very unimpressed. As for a 1 ct. diamond for $599...come on, if it sounds too good to be true... I personally wouldn''t spend my moolah there, but then again I personally never look at another gal''s ring and examine it closely for quality inspection.
face23.gif
If you''re concerned with getting the biggest size for your money, and you aren''t thinking long-term, trade-in, upgrade, or whatever, I don''t see what''s so wrong with buying from there. If you haven''t been exposed to very fine quality diamonds, or been on this site very long, you may not be "spoiled" yet! After educating oneself through this website, it''s very easy to see that you get what you pay for as far as diamonds and jewelry as well.

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I gotta tell you that my sense of curiosity really would like to actually see one of those diamonds in person.

I''m sure they are totaly cripe, especially because the site doesn''t give any information about cut, color or clarity...nonetheless...I''d like to see what a $599 1 carat diamond looks like!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results