shape
carat
color
clarity

When to propose (what part of the day/date)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a lady''s point of view: buildup and anticipation are always more fun.
2.gif
9.gif

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to pull down my topic but I was hesitant to post to begin with and have decided I want to make the planning decisions on my own. Hopefully nobody will take offense. Everyone was such an unbeleivable helping me find the perfect setting its just the actual mushy stuff I want to come up with on my own. I guess I am somewhat of an independant romantic at heart and didn''t even loook at this forum until after my plans were made so others stories woudn''t influence my plans. Not that there is anything wrong with asking anyone for help I guess maybe I am just a stubborn man instead of independent romantic.

I promise to update and show everyone pics afterwords

-Dave

thunkpad

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/4/2006 10:47:16 PM
Author: monarch64
From a lady''s point of view: buildup and anticipation are always more fun.
2.gif
9.gif
Yup - I went for the big build up during the day then planned to propose at sunset on the Empire State Building but she spent too long getting ready (typical
2.gif
) so it ended up being at night. Still very special though.

And nothing wrong with pinching ideas from Pricescope - I planned most of the day on my own but found the perfect restaurant thanks to someone''s suggestion on here.

familystone

Shiny_Rock
Thunkpad,

Thanks for the imput and congrats on the engagement. I actually have late reservations at the same restaurant you went too. We have been there a few times and it is by far our favorite "romantic" restaurant in the city and we have been to a bunch. Anyways just wanted to say congrats it sounds like your proposal day went perfectly.

-Dave

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
If you do sunset, try and do earlier sunset in case of delays. Especially if you''re in a poorly lit secluded area. I did it up in the hills and neither of us could see the ring. We could barely see enough to get back to the car. Dinner at a dimly lit (albeit romantic) restaurant didn''t help much either. She wasn''t able to get a good look at the ring until the very end of the night.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results