shape
carat
color
clarity

when is he going to ask me already???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mamalama

Rough_Rock
My boyfriend and I are madly in love everyone can see it and we express it to each other all the time. I know he wants to ask me and we have said forever to each other plenty of times. My problem is how do I let him know I will say yes all he has to do is ask. I have considered asking him to move in with me. I own my home and he is renting so I don''t think he is going to ask me to move in with me. Should I ask him? Should I wait for the proposal? I am going crazy. We both say how awful it is when either of us can''t spend the night and has to go home.

Aurora Borealis

Shiny_Rock
You said you express your love to each other all the time; I'm sure he already knows you will say yes. I would wait until he does it on his own because I think it would be so much more meaningful! Why don't you try asking him if he'd like to live together and see what suggestions/clues he comes up with?

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Have you talked about marriage? Have you talked about kids? Have you talked about the future? These subjects are important, but ironically discussion of them alone doesn't guarantee someone is thinking about marriage. Ironically some people can talk in a very serious sounding way about these subjects and still be very far away from making such a committment. Nonetheless such conversation is crucial to the success of the relationship if marriage is ever to be in the picture. You didn't mention how long you've been together either or how old you guys are. Longevity of a relationship or age are not absolutes by any means either. There are successful examples of marriages young or in short courtships and years-long relationships that fall apart after "I do" finally happens. So wherever you fall into this continuum, good communication is key. Generally if you would have less than a year and a half together from first date to wedding date you may want to consider holding off, even though it feels like forever--but there are exceptions. There are also plenty of people who would consider that way too short. Your ages play in too. If you're not at least in your early twenties you may want to be careful not to move too quickly. It's not that you can't get married at 18 and still be happily married 50 years later, it's just that it can be that much harder. Okay well I've already blathered on too much so I'll stop now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results