shape
carat
color
clarity

what the meaning of diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aqua_aqua

Rough_Rock
Hi, everyone who reads my article.

I got a diamond ring, made of platinum from my boyfriend on my birthday. But it isn''t that big but still nice
1.gif

And the cirtificate that shows it is real diamond says that the ring is a marriage ring. I asked him what he meant, but he just said it looked nice on me and actually I joked him when he asked me what I wanted for my birthday, and I said I want a massive diamond stone, so I could cut it half and sell it to go us for drinking. Of course it was a joke, we laughed a lot about it.
Then, on my birthday, it was real big surprise. I got this cute diamond ring from him. He could have bought me a diamond, but not rings, but I want to know why he did it. You think I should ask him straight, but well, I am kinda shy person, and so he is. And I am scared. I am scared if I piss him off by asking this. So I want your opinion and advice. Thank you.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/19/2003 11:57:48 PM aqua_aqua wrote:

"You think I should ask him straight, but well, I am kinda shy person, and so he is. And I am scared. I am scared if I piss him off by asking this."

I think you have a right to know whether you are engaged or not :). Why would it make him angry if you asked whether he had meant this to be an engagement ring? Could you tell us more?

read.gif

twinkly

Rough_Rock
Hi Aqua,

Since you're a shy person, maybe you don't want to be so blunt to ask him if the ring was meant to be an engagement. Many people receive rings as gifts. A suggestion can be asking him if his gift for you was a promise ring, then from there he an elaborate.

Cheers,
Twinkly

aqua_aqua

Rough_Rock
Thanks for replying me, AGBF and Twingkly.

Well, what I am scared about is that, if he has given this ring as only a gift, but I am kinda expecting the ring has meaning in it. But if I ask, and he hasn't thought about like marriage or moving in or stuff like that, then I thought the things between us will be strange or so, that is what I am scared of. I want him to think about the marriage with me if possible, or even we want to discuss things like that. And I am confused to recieve a diamond ring on my birthday. But again, my birthday was in March, and now it is August, so is it late to ask him?

Aqua
tongue.gif

FLGirl66

Rough_Rock
Aqua;

I hate to tell you this "in fear, of pissing you off", but in this day in time...if a guy even contemplates the idea of BUYING a woman a ring, a drink, a bite of lunch/dinner, you are doing good. I'm definately not chauvenist, don't mind doing dutch lunches, "if absolutely necessary", but really not my style, it is just "I" personally have not found anyone in SIX years to even give me the time of day to that level and I don't look like this cartoon chic I had to choose for my profile, either, so, I question; intimidation, a lot........So, don't piss him off, if you LOVE him,
LOVE him, thats' it...FLGirl66
wavey.gif

aqua_aqua

Rough_Rock
FLGirl66,

Sorry about my expression. I do love him and I do appreciate all the stuff he does to me and I hope I can do the same to him.

Just want to know what he thinks of me more, not spoiling his feelngs, definitely, though.

Aqua

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On 8/21/2003 12:46:20 AM aqua_aqua wrote:

"Well, what I am scared about is that, if he has given this ring as only a gift"

I would not be comfortable in a relationship where I couldn't talk about what was on my mind. I would want to be able to talk openly with someone I was planning to marry. I know that the Catholic Church gives couples planning to marry a class to try to help them to talk *before* making a commitment. The more you can talk, the better it will be. Maybe you could just suggest to him that the two of you discuss the future...and leave the ring out of it for now :).

Keep us informed!

read.gif

aqua_aqua

Rough_Rock
I would think of relationship like AGBF said, but well, if my boyfriend doesn't think he doesn't want to get married with me, what can I do? Just leave??? He is that important to me and he is very good in both ways, as my boyfriend and best friend. I had really horrible relationship before. So I am really scared of losing him and I want to keep this relationship nicely and also, want to keep it forever.

Well, my nowadays, wicked thing happend. It is not about the boyfriend but it is about my ex-boyfriend. We split up like a year ago, but he sent me a note that he is still in love with me and he wants me to be his wife. I thought we split up and since the good-bye, I haven't contacted him. Actually he thought of us getting married one day, but I wasn't ready. Then he sent me a ring the other day to ask me to marry him. My current boyfriend is in the Navy and it happened during his underway. I was so confused and kinda upset why my ex did it. I sent the ring back to him already but still upset, then I thought about the future, what we will be between me and my boyfriend, and really hope to be with each other forever or so. I have never thought about marriage, because I thought I am still young (I am 23) and thought that I have still things to do. But I realised how important my boyfriend is and really want to ask him about that. But well, so I am thinking of telling him using all the circumstances happened to me while he is away, and want to know his reaction or so. Am I too cheaky? What should I do to start a conversation about our future?

Well, I am not sure my schesule for tomorrow, though but I am thinking of going drinking with him tomorrow night. And other thing is that, I wear the ring he gave me on my ring finger. I already wear lots of rings because I don't like my double-jointed fingers. And I only had one finger left to wear so I am wearing this. Funnily, the ring he gave me doesn't fit other fingers except ring finger, and he knows I am wearing there but he has never mentioned it. I mean, he doesn't say anything about it. I don't really know what he wants. I am kinda confused for what I should do, but the only thing for sure is that I want him to be with me forever.

Sorry about my long story.

Aqua
wacko.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results