shape
carat
color
clarity

What NOT to do:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
Hi folks:

Here''s a happy little update to my original story:

I''ve had several heart-to-heart conversations with my DH since finding this forum and sharing my story, and I believe he actually now understands the disappointment I''ve carried with me for 20 years since his original lackluster proposal ... I honestly don''t think my DH had ANY idea that all along, I had hoped he would come through with a diamond for me - complete with a romantic presentation - for a birthday, anniversary, Christmas or something. He''s really a wonderful guy but honestly, men can be so clueless sometimes ...

The problem with purchasing a diamond ring or upgrade 20 years into a marriage is that you have so many other financial obligations to contend with - including mortgage and tuition payments and in our case, the cost of running our business, since our employees get paid before we do ...

However, my DH agreed that if we took this in steps, he might be able to give me the ring of my dreams by our 20th anniversary which isn''t until May 2006 ... YIPPEE! I can hardly believe it ...

So, our thought is to start with the setting, which I''ve already shared, and which we might be able to order by Christmas, although it wouldn''t arrive until weeks later:

http://www.firenzejewels.com/store/views.cfm?product_id=1486&view=1&product_number=1364

I found the setting at the Firenze Jewelers website, and I''ve since done some internet researcher on the designer Natalie K. ElleWoods was able to offer some positive input re: Firenze Jewelers generally and Miles specifically which made me slightly more comfortable with an on-line purchase, however my DH is still skeptical about purchasing this Natalie K setting sight-unseen based only on internet photos, although he agrees it''s a beautiful setting which would suit me well ... I know my DH is going to want to be absolutely sure that we''re getting the exact Natalie K setting as described at a GREAT price before he''ll commit to a special order on-line purchase without seeing the product - - so any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

(This setting isn''t even in-stock, so we wouldn''t be able to see it before-hand even if we were able to travel to Firenze Jewelers in NYC to make the purchase).

THEN, my DH suggested that we set-aside some money between now and May with which to purchase a beautiful, quality center-stone in time of our 20th anniversary in May!

I am SO happy and excited
36.gif
36.gif
- - and I really owe a HUGE thank you to everyone who posted on this forum in response to my original post, especially those who encouraged me to let my DH know how I felt about the original proposal 20 years ago, as we approach our 20th wedding anniversary ...

I feel like I should start a new thread to continue this story, since it no longer fits under the heading "What Not to Do". However, I don''t know how to start a new thread.
20.gif

In any event, I wanted to share this update, and I look forward to participating more on this and other PS forums, and to seeking your assistance in completing the purchase first of my Natalie K setting, and ultimately of a beautiful quality center stone in the near future.

35.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Brown Eyes,

I hope you''ve found the new thread Elle Woods started for you ..

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/excited-for-browneyes.37048/

See ya there!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results