shape
carat
color
clarity

What a relief

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
So I had the big talk with the future in-laws last night...I was a wreck the few days before worrying about what questions they might ask me about savings and such...but when I asked them her dad ended up simply saying..."well, I don''t see it being a problem. We''ve known you for five years and things have gone well." And that was about it with the permission thing and then we just talked about possibly wedding plans and how I am going to propose....her parents were VERY happy that I asked them...so for all the guys I would HIGHLY recommend asking them especially since they''re more than likely going to be droppin'' some G''s on the wedding.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad it went well for you! There was a thread about this not long ago. As my dad died when I was 15, it did not really matter too much to me, but erring on the side of respectfulness and tradition cannot be a BAD thing, can it? Showing courtesy is just a nice way to do things...but it would be a bummer if a parent ever said No, you cannot marry my daughter...! Unlikely if the woman is over 18 but still, I am glad that your experience was positive...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good job Firstbase! I''m happy for you that everything went well with her parents. You''re one step closer to being engaged now!
36.gif
35.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
it was such an awesome ride home...it was about 9:30 and it had just stormed and earlier there was a double rainbow and youl see the storm clouds blowing away in the distance and the crops are coming up and the sunset.....it was just like WOW this is awesome and I could enjoy it without having to worry abuot having "the talk"....i got home that night and couldn''t sleep because I was sooooo excited. I''m so glad that she''s 5 hours away in Michigan or I would want to pop the question now and not wait for the 27th in Chicago...haha

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2006 10:48:56 AM
Author: firstbase32
it was such an awesome ride home...it was about 9:30 and it had just stormed and earlier there was a double rainbow and youl see the storm clouds blowing away in the distance and the crops are coming up and the sunset.....it was just like WOW this is awesome and I could enjoy it without having to worry abuot having ''the talk''....i got home that night and couldn''t sleep because I was sooooo excited. I''m so glad that she''s 5 hours away in Michigan or I would want to pop the question now and not wait for the 27th in Chicago...haha
You are such a romantic Firstbase!
9.gif
It''s definitely a good thing she was 5 hours away--that ring is burning a hole in your pocket! The 27th is coming up quick now, though...you don''t have much longer to wait, thank goodness.

I hope everything goes as you''ve planned for your proposal. Don''t worry if you get nervous or anything goes "wrong." Just remember that if any goofs happen you can laugh about them together for the rest of your lives! Quick story: when my DH picked up my ring, he proposed the very same night. He took me downtown and had planned to propose on the 95th floor of the Hancock building (Signature Room bar), but when we got inside the line for the elevator just to get up there was sooo long that he had to switch to plan B. It was freezing out and I was wearing a dress and heels so it was a bit uncomfortable walking on the sidewalk, waiting for a cab, etc. Next he took me to North Avenue beach (of all places in Chicago to go in December!), led me to the place we''d watched the sun come up together the first night we met, and was so nervous his hands were shaking as he pulled the ring from his coat pocket...I don''t even remember being cold I was so full of adrenaline, though! My point in telling you this is that sometimes things don''t go as planned, but they work out for a reason. The proposal at the beach was more special and unique to us than some swanky lounge in a huge building...instead we were outside on the beach just being ourselves.
9.gif
(Oh, we did go to a very nice dinner first at Hugo''s
2.gif
)

Take care and good luck!
35.gif

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
aw..yay! Congrats on the rents being supportive!
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s great, so glad "the talk" went well. The 27th will be here before you know it!!!
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ring? Check!
Parents'' blessing? Check!
27th of June? Gettin'' there.
9.gif

Doesn''t it feel great to have all these ducks in a row? You''re doing a great job!
36.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
so i know she knows something is up because I changed my password in my e-mail a few weeks ago and told her that the reason she couldn''t get in was because I was in it at the same time...but then today I was working out and she tried getting in it and she kept trying and finally decided she knew I changed my password...

I''m not worried because she would already expect it in Chicago that day anyway....i''m going for an out of nowhere surprise where she wouldn''t think I would be able to do it...

I e-mailed the pastor she''s interning and told her the entire proposal story so that she could drop hints that we should stop by the church and take a tour or something...and then i''m going to say that the pastor I''m working along side told me we should go buy this church and check it out...so hopefully it''ll work out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results