shape
carat
color
clarity

Want to propose but need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nicebelt

Rough_Rock
I want to propose to my girlfriend but I need some help. Part of the problem is that she is basically obsessed with this site. So I cant be to obvious about what I say. Any ideas? Please help!!!

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
What exactly do you need help with? The proposal location? How to do it? What to say? Do you want it to be completely out of the blue? ....I understand she''s on this site.... but we''re gonna need more info....

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy...then you could be anyone''s BF???? Ooohhh that adds a certain guarantee that you are going to get fabtabulous suggestions!!!
31.gif

If you know her screen name and she posts in reply you better go ahead and converse with her.

I pledge to help you...(you can''t be my BF...I married mine already...) but you must promise to come back and reveal WHOSE BF you are!! Kay?

Here on out cryptic...no locals mentioned...no specifics. Hmmmm... this is going to be tough. Maybe you should do the opposite we suggest. So ...get your Mensa cap on...and what ever we say...do the opposite...that will work.

DKS...oooh I am up for this mission!!!

nicebelt

Rough_Rock
Well I basically know what ring Im going to get her. The problem is she has a few dream proposals. Both would work but It would be obvious that it was going to happen. I cant say to much, and that is the problem. She doesnt post on here, just reads everything. So this is going to be tough. Please help lol

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
lol door knob solitaire... well, he''s not my BF for sure cuz I post ALL the time! haha.

i have an idea... but how do i suggest if she might read it?? ahhh! lol.

incmisirlou

Rough_Rock
ohhhhh i hardly ever post. and my bf knows i am obsessed. i have caught him looking at PS several times. hope its you, stef <3

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Not sure if admin allows you email anymore....

Admin...you out there???

Breaker Breaker 19... Buddy...Admin...got your ears on?? DKS squaking at ya!!

DKS

nicebelt

Rough_Rock
Ok well here is the deal now. My gf got home from work and was in a pissy mood cuz of work. So usually she gets on pricescope and it cheers her up. So I was sittin next to her while she was checkin everything. I saw her open mine up and I left the room. She never said a word to me. So I thought I had her fooled. Nope. We went out for dinner and in the middle of dinner she said "hows your belt?" I said what are you talkin about. She said" I dont know, but your belt is looking nice tonight". Busted!!! So we made an agreement, She PROMISED she would never read this post. She knew it was me cuz she said it sounded like things I would say, I tried to play it off. But it didn''t work.

So since she promised I can tell everything.

Ready to help me out?

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
AWWWW... I''m sorry you were busted!

But yes, I''m ready!

My idea was to take her to do whatever it is that you feel will be romantic (dinner, beach, a special place to the 2 of you, etc) and present her with another gift such as a bracelet or a nice pair of earrings. This way she thinks that was her big gift and what the night was building up to. THEN present her with the ring. This way, she''s surprised!

But yeah, now you can give me details about the 2 of you, what she likes/dislikes, where you might want to do it... etc. This way I can be a better help!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Look, why don''t we make this easy on everyone...?

OH GIRLFRIEND...
35.gif
hello!!! He LOW!!! Come out come out where ever you are!!! Olie Olie olie oxen free!! Tag your it!! Rock scissors paper...

Step in here and tell us what you want!! You are going to read it anyway.

OR One of you are going to have to change your login password. The font...and color of your text...and try to write as if you are just learning English...or tell us specific details of the geography opposite where you are to throw the other off. We can do this!!! But we have to work together. Keep your old one...we''ll keep the conversation going....oh jeez...she is reading this!!!

I''ll play but you guys are going to have to work a little harder.

DKS

*Tiffany

Rough_Rock
Ok everybody..this is the girlfriend!! Finally speaking after four years of lurkdom:) I feel like I know you all so well already! Alright, now to the important stuff. As far as a proposal...here''s what I wouldn''t be comfortable with: anything public, like a restaurant or sporting event. Otherwise, I just want it to be a special moment for us...and to be as much of a surprise as possible. Of course with helping pick out the ring, it won''t be a complete surprise. But...I have no idea when he will purchase the ring or decide to propose, so he should be able to pull off the surprise(as long as I don''t snoop hehe!) No really, I would be happy with whatever he decides to do because I will be so lucky to be his future wife. I love him so much and think it''s so sweet that he came to my favorite place to get opinions and ideas. Now I have pledged to stay off this thread..and I really will because I don''t want to have any idea what he decides. TIA for all you help!!

P.S. As far as locations go..we just moved from Kansas City to Atlanta...so we don''t really have any places around here that have special meaning for us.

Ok that''s it..I swear I won''t look at this thread again!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ok...I can see a great angle...but I''ll be darn if I am going to post it. I am sure you trust her...but one false slip of the forum choice and she is back here...not intentionally...But it does happen.

I want you to go back in your mind to that ONE evening and think of all the elements that were involved...ALL of them.

Now, we are going to set our schedules...lets say one night this week/or next when you can watch her...and KNOW she is NOT online...We can all syncronize our login times...post ideas and then we have 20 minutes to go back and edit them...which we can delete the ideas and replace them with really good suggestions.

bombarding you with ideas she will never know...which is the actual plan.

What do you think?

DKS

nicebelt

Rough_Rock
I dont think she will look though. She told me she wouldnt want to ruin her suprise. Plus she told me she wont even open the proposals, weddings and more link. Plus when she says she wont, she doesnt. what do you think?

largirl

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know why but I am cracking the heck up at this post. So cute! :)

I gave my best idea (well, my best story) here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/need-idea-dont-want-her-to-see-it-coming.70786/

Since she wants something private, that would work! Other ideas are:

1. Do you have a friend who knows how to edit movies? You could insert a screen right in the middle of her favorite movie that says, "Will you marry me?". Or you can make a slideshow of your favorite pictures (Windows comes with a really easy-to-use movie/slideshow maker or you could even use PowerPoint) and insert the proposal there. The nice thing about this is that watching a movie is usually an everyday occurance so it won''t seem out of the ordinary.

2. Does she like ice cream? Make her an ice cream sundae for dessert with the ring around the cherry.

3. The classic - slip it on her finger when she''s sleeping!

4. Get a T-shirt printed with "Will you marry me?" and slip it on when she isn''t looking.

5. Wrap the ring box. Put it in a slightly larger box and wrap that. Put that in a slightly larger box and wrap that. Put that in a larger box and wrap that. Do that as long as you can stand it! Throw in a brick and some marbles in a couple of layers to really throw her off!

6. Slip the ring over a silver or gold chain (to make it a pendant on a necklace). Then tell her you bought her a beautiful necklace, and slip it over her neck. Hold up a mirror so she can see what it really is!

nicebelt

Rough_Rock
Those are some good ideas. Keep em'' coming.

Ok well here is the thing. My ideal place to propose would be back in kansas city. In the same place and spot I fell in love with her. But that would be to obvious because we just got back from kc.

Like she said we just moved to Atlanta so Im not sure of romantic places around here.

I did have a neat idea however. She really loves to read. If I could somehow get in contact with a printing copy or a book company. I could have write a story and make it sound like our journey together. Use different names, places etc... And then ask her to marry me in the book and pull out the ring.

What do you think, I think Im trying to hard to have a perfect proposal.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2007 9:26:30 PM
Author: nicebelt
She PROMISED she would never read this post. She knew it was me cuz she said it sounded like things I would say, I tried to play it off. But it didn''t work.

Ready to help me out?
I don''t know...you wrote this BEFORE she posted here, right?

Does she know pig latin?

Idigif idigI sidigay sidigomthidiging...widigill shidige knidigo?

largirl

Shiny_Rock
I think your idea about making a book for her is absolutely fantastic. And there''s a really easy, cheap place to do it at too - www.blurb.com. I know some people who have used them and they are wonderful!

nicebelt

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/22/2007 10:53:14 PM
Author: Regular Guy

Date: 10/20/2007 9:26:30 PM
Author: nicebelt
She PROMISED she would never read this post. She knew it was me cuz she said it sounded like things I would say, I tried to play it off. But it didn''t work.

Ready to help me out?
I don''t know...you wrote this BEFORE she posted here, right?

Does she know pig latin?

Idigif idigI sidigay sidigomthidiging...widigill shidige knidigo?

She actually only read a I believe the first two or three post. She would ask what people were saying. I told her dont worry and when bubbly1126 asked what her likes/dislikes were I told her that. I knew what they were but I told her to write it out in Mircosoft Word and I would log her in and paste it.

MAke sense?

And she doesnt know pig latin, but however I do. So know she wouldnt know what you were saying.

Thanks largirl for the website. Im still not sure however if that is what I want to do.

I just want it to be a big surprise and it to be a wonderful moment.

Anymore ideas?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, the best possible proposal is going to come from your own brain, my friend! We can give you all sorts of kinda "generic" ideas, but YOU are the one that knows her
2.gif
. I think the best use of the "proposal ideas" forum is for guys to list their own ideas, and ask if there are any potential problems.

I would be a little disappointed if I knew my FI's proposal had been the idea of some random person on a message board. He knows me better than that!

So we can give you jumping-off points, but do be aware that the happiest proposal stories usually end with "I can't believe he came up with this and planned it himself!" not "And he got the idea/plan from the internet!" The latter can be kinda contrived.

Just my opinion.
40.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Yeah...you bet I am. But I feel really strange contributing to a conversation that someone knows about...THE PROPOSEE is lurking....I agree with Musey on this one...but more so because she is part of our community.

I know you want help...but as Musey said...you have it in you. Or you wouldn't be here asking. Come on dig down deep!! It doesn't have to be earth shattering spectacular...it has to come FROM YOUR HEART
emlove.gif
to get her-she will know it was your idea or your touch. And lets face it...she isn't going to say...oh golly I don't think so.

I like your first date. I like that you are wanting to recreate that. Just keep working on it (there were 3 people involved on your first date, you could get one of the "third" again somehow). Or do something totally different and recreate it on each anniversary.

I not checking out completely...just wanted to login and encourage you...
36.gif

DKS

nicebelt

Rough_Rock
Ok well I have made up my mind on how I am going to ask her.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to me.

Wish me luck!!!

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Good luck!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Are you going to let us in on the plan?
27.gif
28.gif

Either way, good luck! You sound very sweet. Any details on the ring (this is, after all, a diamond forum...
31.gif
)?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Well, this thread just cracks me up. Makes me wonder if anyone has actually proposed using Pricescope. I think it might work, particularly when we know both parties read PS.

Good luck, nicebelt!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
man who wears belts that are nice...

So proud of you
36.gif
...sounds like you got your idea. It is going to be fabulous...because you came up with it. And even better that eyes that shouldn''t be reading it...can''t!! Ha! That silly girl...she messed up our play room!

Please return with her and tell us of your success. We sincerely have a lot of interest in your proposal...more so in yours as she is one of us!!
2.gif

DKS

*RubyRN*

Shiny_Rock
LMAO.. this thread cracked me up!
3.gif

Nicebelt-- I hope you realize you had the entire un-engaged female PriceScope population thinking you might be their boyfriend
6.gif
. LOL- myself included. Bubbly, do you agree?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to hear about it--I''m sure what you came up with will be perfect. I''m a Kansas City native and there are so many meaningful places for me there that my husband would know, but nobody on a message board would know. I think that when it comes to proposals, what you come up with is best! I''m eagerly awaiting the story...and pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results