shape
carat
color
clarity

Too corny? Bad timing? What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

C04Whitmer

Rough_Rock
I''ve decided to buy a diamond, details aren''t necessary here.
Here is the situation and my idea. We are both graduating from college sometime in the next 2 months (hers is sooner). I want to propose to her at my graduation, but its not just any college graduation. I am graduating from the Air Force Academy and there is a really elaborate program where the President will speak and at the conclusion of the ceremony the Air Force Thunderbirds perform for the crowd. I want to propose while the Thunderbirds are flying over. I will have about 25 family members there, none of which will know that I am going to propose right at the end of the ceremony. Her parents will be there as well and also in the dark(though I will have their blessing).
What do you think? Too personal of a moment in an impersonal setting? Suprise is too much for an already emotional event? etc...
Thanks!

Fuzzdawg

Rough_Rock
my only qualm would be none of those, but rather:

too noisy for her to hear the question.

and i would also vote for a little more private, but i'm not you...

PaulaW

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be a little concerned with her hearing you as well, but if you drop to one knee and have a ring out, you really don't need to say much!
From a woman's perspective, I think it's awesome! It is so selfless to turn what should be all about you and your big day into a proposal... wow!

AtlantaC

Rough_Rock
I agree with Paula. If surprise is what you're after, you'll certainly have it. I think it's a pretty cool idea myself.

If you're relatively sure she'll say "Yes", I would have no qualms about asking in front of people.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Depends on your gal. If she likes the attention, she will soak it like a sponge and be all the happier for it. If she's a bit timid or quiet this could be a bit embarrassing.

I assume this is something you considered, and she's most likely going to just be comfortable enough to be so happy the crowd totally disappears for her. I think it's sweet and very self-less of you. Also sweet to want to have all your ducks in a row...graduating and then JUMPING into the next phase of life.

Congrats on your graduation from the Academy and all the best to you both!!
love.gif

Yup, you won't need to even say anything. Odd how a bent knee and a ring says so much already!
naughty.gif
9.gif

VAgal13

Shiny_Rock
I would have to agree that the noise may throw the moment off a bit. Are you and both of your families going out to eat afterwards? I would suggest making a speech at dinner and pop the question then. Maybe something like...

"it means so much to have everyone I love here, so there would be no better time to do this...(drop to one knee) and ask.
love.gif

What do you think?

-Sarah

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It depends on if your gal would prefer a private or more public proposal. I know I would want it to be private -- NOT in a crowd, but that's just me.

And I agree that the noise would cut some of the romance, but also.....won't everyone be looking UP at the blue angels instead of DOWN at you on one knee?

C04Whitmer

Rough_Rock
I want to propose right after they tell us "CLASS OF 2004 YOU ARE DISMISSED" because it's the heat of the moment. There's already tons of excitement in the air and adding to it seems like the right time to do it. She has been with me through 3.5 out of the 4 years (the other 6 months we were friends) I've been here and the graduation will be as exciting for her as it will for me. Doing it later that night seems anti-climatic because then starts 60 days of leave for me and time to relax. I am pretty sure she will love the public setting, plus I'll be in uniform and all my close friends will be around me.

By the way...the Air Force performance team is the Thunderbirds in F-16's...not the Navy Blue Angels who fly F/A-18's

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
The heat of the moment could be just what the doctor ordered! If you are willing and you think she would be glad to have it done then, then I say GO FOR IT!

It truly couldn't be more impressive than that....Men in uniform, bended knee, a ring and jets flying overhead!

Almost as if this were coordinated just RIGHT! GOOD LUCK!!! And do let us know how it goes!!!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 4/14/2004 8:40:50 PM C04Whitmer wrote:

By the way...the Air Force performance team is the Thunderbirds in F-16's...not the Navy Blue Angels who fly F/A-18's
----------------

whoops -- sorry about that! (I even knew that -- just got it wrong....) It sounds as if you think that this is the right moment for both of you, and that's what matters, so go for it!

jackieblue

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 4/13/2004 11:57:14 PM C04Whitmer wrote:

I've decided to buy a diamond, details aren't necessary here.
----------------

You should know that the diamond details are always necessary here.
1.gif

ShopDiva

Rough_Rock
I agree, depends on if she likes attention on herself... regarding it being too noisy, would it be possible to have an airplane spell it out or pull a banner asking her to marry you on it. Just an idea!
Good Luck- Sarah
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results