shape
carat
color
clarity

Time is running out I need a Plan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ryman1980

Rough_Rock
In the past month or so I have posted some proposal ideas and everyone has been great with their opinions and helpful advice. Unfortunately it’s only 5 days away and I still don’t have a set plan.

My girlfriend lives in Houston and when I started trying to find a good place for a proposal I learned very quickly that Houston lacks a romantic flare. I wanted to find a place where I can wine and dine her and then at the right moment pop the question in a fairly secluded location. What I came up with is a restaurant called The Rainbow Lodge http://www.rainbow-lodge.com/ which has a reputation of being the most romantic restaurant in Houston. They also have a nice garden area with a Gazebo which you can see on their website. I have a reservation for one of their more romantic tables with a view of the gardens at sunset. After dinner I will suggest we go for a walk around the gardens which is common after dinner and at the end of the walk end up at the Gazebo. Now this is the part where I could use some advice, the person I spoke with at the rainbow lodge said they can set up the Gazebo anyway I would like because they deal with a good share of proposals. Some example he gave me were having Champagne waiting or a table with deserts. I want to do something that is cute and romantic but at the same time not call too much attention to ourselves. What do you think of the idea and do you have any suggestions for the Gazebo

I keep thinking that my plan so far is fairly generic and that is bothering me, I wish I could add some more creative touches.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
I think that plan sounds lovely! And not generic, either
1.gif

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
How do they keep others from going into the gazebo? Do they guarantee you can get it when you need it? In any event I say keep it simple. You've done the nice meal at this point, the romantic setting, the walk in the gardens. You can get a better element of surprise by not having a bottle of champagne waiting or something else obvious like that. I say, just continue talking about how wonderful she is and your relationship (or whatever if that will make it too obvious) and then get on your knee, get out the ring and ask her. It will be a very special moment in a beautiful place in a very romantic mood. Another downside is if you complicate the proposal itself there is more to go wrong. What if the champagne or dessert isn't there or how do you signal to make sure it's there at the moment you need and not too hot or cold, etc. Good luck!

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I had a friend who was proposed to at the Rainbow Lodge, and have been there several times myself. If you reserve the gazebo for a proposal - it's yours for the time you reserve it. The restaurant provides a very lovely place to spend the evening (I lived in Houston for about 11 years, and had occasion to go at least once a year). Given it's reputation as a popular Houston destination for proposals of marraige, be assured that whatever you arrange with the staff will most certainly go smoothly. They have many, many years of experience. People MAY walk by the gazebo, but I am sure no one will intrude, as the gazebo is marked as having been reserved.

By the way - champagne and a dessert that goes well with champagne (strawberries of course), should more than do the trick.

I am indeed jealous. Houston is one of my favourite cities! Have fun!

b52holly

Rough_Rock
if youre worried about privacy...maybe you could buy some fabric or sheers and have them tack it up there for you to act as curtains...dont be afraid to ask them - i'm sure they are used to all sorts of requests

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results