shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggestions for my proposal idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Endo

Rough_Rock
Short background info: My girlfriend and I have been dating for a year and a half now. We have talked about getting engaged but haven''t done it soley because of college and our living situation. She goes to college about 200 miles from where I do. Anyway, I plan on proposing to her within the next month but have yet to work out all the details of the engagement. I know exactly what ring she wants, I know I''m going to ask her parents for permission, and I have a few ideas on what I want to do for the proposal. However, I would appreciate a few ideas or suggestions on what to add to event and what to discard.
First of all, for the past month I have been attempting to learn to play "our song" (i will be here by steven curtis chapman) on my guitar. Seeings how I''ve never played my guitar for my girlfriend and she always asks me to, I thought perhaps it would be a little special if I work that into the proposal. So hopefully i''ll have the song down and will be able to sing it to her (does this sound like a good idea). The problem then lies within what else i need in the proposal to make it perfect. My girl is very family oriented, so i hoped to somehow have her entire family at a location where we can go directly after i propose.
now, my question to you (the reader) is what can i do to make this proposal the best she could have imagined. here are a few suggestions, please tell me which ones you like...
(a) we often go to her parents house on the weekends.. i thought about taking her out on her parents farm. find a romantic setting... (they have some old barns/such on the land) play my guitar for her.. and possibly surprise her in some way with something big... i thought about spelling out "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" in square bales across the field where she''ll see it..
(b) set up a family event, where her entire family is there.. (this wouldn''t be unusual seeings as her family gets together a lot)... and proposing to her in front of her entire family... however, this would be rather uncomfortable for me, but, i think she would like it...
(c) take her somewhere in the town she lives in... a real romantic place (i would have to find one) smooze her with my guitar solo.. do something unusual like having a plane spell out will you marry me or something (i know, that''s unoriginal)..

well that''s about it.. the problem i am having is finding something to go along with my guitar idea... PLEASE help me think of something.. tell me of your stories of how you were proposed to... anything to help me make this the most amazing thing for my girl..
thank you...

merg

Rough_Rock
Yippie! My first post. Lovin' all the ideas that I've read in the past 2 hours (my manager on peaked in my cube once.)

I like your hay bail idea. I haven't considered proposing very much. However a friend of mine was acually asked by the father to do it with the family (he and his wive) around. Sounds like you're pretty close to her family as well, and getting them to help you with the hay bails would probably make for lots of fun memories.

~andrew

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results