shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I do it at the World Series? Need help quick :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandanop

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I am new to PriceScope, but I have already learned so much. THANK YOU!!! It''s a good thing, because I am going to buy a ring tommorrow. I had originally planned to do it within 3 months, but I got tickets to World Series Game 2 tonight. My girlfriend and I have gone to 12 Sox games this year, we''re huge fans. This would be more than a typical redsox engagement. It is the World Series!!! Here are my concerns:

Extremely short time span...
errrr.gif
I have to locate and purchase a ring tommorrow morning (Saturday 0ct. 23)

Have to find a reputable place in MA or NH. Anyone know anything about Descenza? Are they fair? Good Quality?

I am looking for an ideal cut 1.0-1.25, E-G, VVS1-SI1, but my budget for ring and setting is aprox. $6000.00 (I really want to spend less).

Anyone know a reputable dealer in MA or NH? I would love to save sales tax...

Ladies, do you think it is cheezy to propose at a ballgame? Again, we''re big fans and it is a REDSOX WORLD SERIES!!! GO SOX!!!

Anyone know anyone at Fox that would want to have a live proposal?
1.gif
It would be awesome to be able to have the engagement on video
1.gif

Thoughts?

Thanks!!!!
Pete

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
i think it would be awesome to propose during Game 2 "GO RED SOX!!!" but i am worried about you rushing into a very important purchase. i am new to MA and don't know of anyone in particular, but maybe some other MA residents could point you in the right direction.
1.gif
Good Luck

brandanop

Rough_Rock
I am worried about that too. Here is another twist. My Father gave me my Mother's e-ring to propose with so that I wouldn't have to rush. The porblem is, I can't give her the ring for good. It would be temporary becuase the ring now belongs to my sister. My mom passed away a few years back, and I think my girlfriend would love the idea of my using that ring, BUT I would have to take it back and replace it with a different ring. That might be wierd. I really want to be able to give her the ring that she will keep.

Pete

b52holly

Rough_Rock
Hey Pete...
Heres my 2 cents...I think its great that you guys go to the games together and get to share that. My boyfriend and I are big football fans, but i personally would not want to be proposed to during a game. Especially not the world series. I feel like it might take away from the moment. And...hate to say this...what if they lose? That would suck. Who knows though, you know your girl best so you should do what you feel. Just my little opinion...goodluck in whatever you do

Diamondsbybree

Brilliant_Rock
You have Red Sox tickets??? Lucky you~!~!~!
I love the idea of proposing at the game, and even if you use the ring of your mothers, I think she would love it, and she would know it was official~!
appl.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
brandan, hope you figured things out. the game just started, so i am sure you are there. hope you and your GF enjoy and keep us posted on the proposal
1.gif
it'll all happen in good time, maybe after the World Series, but i will still look for a proposal on tv tonight!

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
As a fellow Bostonian, I LOVE your proposal idea!! And I hear Descenza's (?sp) is a wonderful jeweler. My FI went to Romm & Co. for my ering (in Brockton) which is an awesome and competitively priced jeweler that sells loose diamonds and settings (very important for diamond buying!). I actually read a post on the knot.com about a girl and her bf who work at Fenway Park and he proposed to her on the field! She was so excited - it's a great way to do it. I'm sure she'll be psyched no matter how you go about it - you could always put the ring in a cracker jacks box or something and have her find the "prize" inside (goes along with the whole baseball theme too - i.e. "take me out to the ballgame - buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks"). Best of luck - btw how'd you score tix to the game??

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
haha just realized i'm a little late on my post - sorry! I'll look for you guys on tv!

brandanop

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your great advice. Your various suggestions are sort of a play by play of the thoughts I had before Sunday's game. After much thouht I decided not to propose at the game. I realized that the fact that the World Series came up was a "plus" in terms of a proposal. It wasn't a reason to propose. I think that if I had already purchased the ring and hand everything in order I might have done it. Rushing out to the jewlery stors at 9:00am on a Saturday in hopes of having a ring by Sunday just didn't sit well with me. I was afraid I would end up getting ripped off (Which would be a tragedy after all of my pricescope research). I also want to make sure that neither one of us has the opportunity for any regrets. Although I know she would have loved to be able to say we were engaged at the World Series, I'm sure she wants romance more. I think it is for the best. Now I have to come up with an idea to top the Series
1.gif

As for the World Series... Game 2 was amazing. I feel so fortunate to be a true Red Sox fan AND be able to get tickets. I noticed 3 things:

SO MANY FLASH BULBS
SO MANY SIGNS
SO LITTLE CROWD NOISE! It was the quietest of the ~12 games we've been to this season. How Wierd!

It was clear that much of Red Sox Nation was unable to get tickets. I think the press, out of town guests, and corporate reps hurt the noise level a bit in Fenway, but I guess that is to be expected. It was still one of the most incredible experiences of my life.

We got our tickets from a friend of ours who works for the Red Sox. He was the guy who recomended picking up Dave Roberts! Dave Roberts of course stole the base that started it all in the ALCS... We're really psyched for both of them
1.gif

Thanks again Guys and Ladies! I'll post again with my next plans
1.gif

Pete

JimDiamond

Shiny_Rock
I think you made the right decision. It was just too rushed to try to do it then. You'll find a great way to propose after you have time to make an excellent ring purchase. I hope you're seriously considering buying it online from a reputable dealer. At the very least you'll save hundreds of dollars in taxes. Most people buying diamonds don't have any idea what ideal cut is. So when they buy locally they may well buy well cut diamonds, but they are rarely ideal cut. The average person wouldn't be willing to pay the price differential. When you walk into a brick and mortar jewelry store asking for an ideal cut diamond, not only will they likely have little to show you (they may need to get some and then schedule you to come in), but it'll be monstrously expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results