shape
carat
color
clarity

Shameless theft of a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gizmo 98

Rough_Rock
First of all, I''d like to thank everyone here to all the good advice. I was flying blind until I stumbled across this site.
I will be proposing soon and like brandanop''s idea for an engraved box. Actually, I''m going to use the same one! Being a typical guy, though, I''m also stuck on the engraving. Here''s what I have so far:

You, This box contains a
symbol of the absolute love I
feel for you. Me X/X/05

Obviously, the you and me will be changed (she may be lurking here!), but it still doesn''t sound right. Is it too sappy, bad word usage, or what?

Thanks all.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Life is like a ring box - You never know what you''re gonna get.
9.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds good. Diamond better be up to snuff tho.
1.gif

I cobbled together ideas others submitted for my proposal. Isn''t that the point of this site? To share and help each other? I think my story is posted somewhere. If someone wants to use what I did, they''re free to and I wish them the best of luck.

Gizmo 98

Rough_Rock
Sorry, but I should''ve been more specific.  I already know when and how I will propose.  I also have the diamonds and setting picked out (thanks to this forum), and they''re definately up to snuff.  I''m just having trouble with a few little details to pull everything together.  Thanks again.

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
You could check out this link

http://knottietemplates.bravehost.com/index.html

It''s from the knot, and has a bunch of poems and quotes and stuff like that. It''s for wedding planning, not engagment, but it might be useful to find some stuff about love. There''s also some posts on theknot.com of what people are having engraved on their wedding rings....again, not exacly what you''re looking for but may give you some ideas. You can do a search on the knot forums to find it.

Gale

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think it''s too sappy. A proposal is inherently sappy. How about:

Her name,

Contained herein, a token of my absolute love for you.

Your name xx/xx/05

or simply

Her name,

A token of my absolute love for you.

Your name xx/xx/05

I''m not so great with words...

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Actually, I like Bertrand''s line. It seems entirely fitting given the ups & downs of life, not to mention very clever! hehe. Personally, tell me the sappy stuff...I want to verbally hear it. The ring & the box will always be a reminder of that special moment. :)

ETA.....imitation is the best form of flattery! hehe. :)

sparklish

Shiny_Rock
I love what you had to say. It''s straight from the heart and straight from you. It''s great.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I like it too! Soo cute...however when are you going to post pictures of the ring??? How are you going to put the ring in the box?
33.gif
4.gif

Gizmo 98

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/31/2005 10:38:45 PM
Author: Matatora
I like it too! Soo cute...however when are you going to post pictures of the ring??? How are you going to put the ring in the box?
33.gif
4.gif

Details, details!  Well, the ring is in works.  I''m working on a Varna-like, 3 stone; 2 ct total weight.  I''d get a Varna, but the timeframe is too tight.  Unfourtunately, we only get to see each other once a month or so, so I''m pretty committed to the date I have in mind.  I''ll post when I have it in hand. 
As far as how I''m going to put it in the box...I have no idea.  I may be able to use the guts from the original box, use a nice silk/satin cloth, or just stuff it with toilet paper
9.gif
!  I''m confident that I''ll be able to figure that out. 

BTW, this is the latest version, using all of the helpful comments so far:

XXXX, A token of my absolute
love for you. Always and
forever, XXXXXX. X/X/05

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Awww Gizmo...I like that as well! It seems very heart felt! Good luck!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
How about floral foam cover in satin or velvet? Floral foam is inexpensive and can be cut into anysize. You could cover with just about anything.you can also place the ring into it the way it would be in a traditional jewlery box. I am so happy for you!

lillguy

Rough_Rock
Love the idea of the box. I''m planning on something similar.

How about keeping it empty so when she opens it, or is busy opening it, you can ask her. Then there''s anticipation of the ring being in there and you kind of leave her hanging....then, when she looks at the box, she''ll always have that tingly-anticipation feeling!!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Leaving the box empty kind of defeats the purpose of having the box in the first place. Just my opinion. Also seems kind of cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results