shape
carat
color
clarity

Ring Settings - Any General Guides out there? (Help!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I'm getting closer to buying the right stone, and I'm now also thinking about the setting. I'm going for a brilliant round ideal cut (probably Whiteflash's A Cut Above) stone, and I want to find the perfect solitaire setting to put it in. I want something simple, stylish and elegant that will show off the stone to the max.

I was wondering if anyone knows any websites that just give examples of setting styles to give me some starter points to find what I'm looking for (in terms of the style / shape of the setting, not to actually purchase the ring). A site which also gives the "industry standard" names for the styles would be useful (as then I can more easily communicate what I want when I have the stone set).

Not sure if this is relevant, but I'm probably going with white gold for the ring. I've asked Lesley from Whiteflash (who has been wonderful so far) to email me photos of their white gold ring setting selections, but I'm also keen to see what else is out there.

Will post my proposal plans later - just concentrating (and a bit nervous) about finding the perfect setting for the perfect stone for the perfect girl at the moment!

Thanks in advance,

Claude

SkyMonkey

Rough_Rock
Sorry - think I've muddled up the terms (must be the nerves again) - I want a guide to settings *and* bands, i.e. rings in total. Thanks.

(p.s. I've read you should *always* require a platinum setting, even if you're band is gold (white or yellow) as platinum is so much stronger - do people agree with this / is this the norm?)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results