shape
carat
color
clarity

Public Proposal - Apple store

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nowonder

Rough_Rock
Lol... Spotting this, I had to sign up and share.

Apple computer just opened a store on 5th Ave, in NYC. The store is open 24/7, and it opened yesterday.
To celebrate, they recorded the first 24 hours of the store in time lapse video.

If you click on the 5-6am hour, you can see someone propose (anyone here?)

The site is: http://www.apple.com/retail/fifthavenue/

--nw

doppelganger

Rough_Rock
Hey all... this is my first post here and i usually lurk, but i had to sign up and comment about this. So anyways, that dude in the pic is my friend. He called me up this morning and told me to check out apple''s webpage and watch that time lapse video and i thought that was the coolest thing. So what do you folks think about this as a proposal idea?

I told him that this might go a little viral and that its going to pop up on various mac related websites, and lo and behold, i found a couple popular blogs that has snapshots of his proposal from the time-lapse video. and then i found a couple more references to it. and now i find it right here on the forums.

here is the direct link to that video:
http://images.apple.com/movies/us/apple/fifthavenue/timelapse0500.mov

He was planning on proposing in a big romantic way in about a month but couldn''t pass up this opportunity to do something spontaneous and different. But the thing is, its only been a few hours and i''m seeing headlines like "Geek Proposes to Girlfriend Through Apple Store" and "Proposal via Apple''s website" on various websites. So what it comes down to is that she might find out what he did sooner, rather than later. All it takes is for one of her friends to recognize him (and her name) for her to find out. Oh yeah, and the ring wont be ready for another couple weeks.
So any ideas on what he should do now?

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
enjoy it. A guy doesn''t need a ring to propose. And that''s romantic and memorable way to do it! And it''s not like she''s going to doubt he''s serious (because no ring) since it''s rather public!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
hehe, how cute! It''s definitely very different. But it was spontaneous and it came from his heart. I think any girl worth marrying would be head over heals for that! Ok, she might resent people calling him a geek, but who cares what others think. He certainly didn''t look like he did as he stood there for a long time! So I think it''s cute. Congrats to them!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results