shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal in Savannah, GA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quigs

Rough_Rock
I just picked out the setting and ordered it and I am using a diamond from a family member as the main diamond.

I am taking my girlfriend of 5 years to Savannah, GA in August and I plan on proposing then. She has this thing for gardens so I think we are going to take a carriage ride through Savannah and into a park and stop along the way and propose then.

What do you all think?

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi quigs :) happy 4th of july!

i''ve neevr been to savannah GA, but i know a bit about it because it''s on my ''to visit'' list and i''ve looked at accommodation there and things to do many times. it looks WONDERFUL!

what a romantic city - and what a great place for a proposal! i think the horse and carriage ride sounds great. how will you arrange ahead of time for the carriage driver to stop at the appointed place? and how will you get far enough away from him for it not to feel like ''the three of you''? anyway, i think a proposal in the gardens of savannah sounds wonderful. savannah is a very humid city; have you thought about an early evening carriage ride, a proposal in one of the gorgeous gardens, then having the carriage drop you at a restaurant for dinner so you can celebrate? might be a nice way to round it all out.

good luck - only next month! :)

quigs

Rough_Rock
Same to you... Couldn''t have asked for any better weather...

I have booked our room at the Mansion of Forsyth Park. They have a concierge service where I can arrange everything including the carriage ride. I plan on proposing in the evening then going to dinner to celebrate.

thanks- ya i can not wait.

quigs

love the pic of you and your dog.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
am chuckling here quigs because...

i read about your hotel and the concierge and dinner afterwards and...

i got butterflies!
9.gif

girls just love it when other girls get nice things.

i hope this goes perfectly for you - please do come back with pic''s an'' all when you''ve proposed - would LOVE to see photos of the garden you choose for the proposal and the ring and your smiling faces of course :)

and would also love to hear a review of the Mansion of Forsyth Park; will add it to my list if you say it''s terrific.

best of luck to you - am holding my breath along with you juuuuust a trifle....

:)

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/4/2009 4:59:59 PM
Author: quigs
Same to you... Couldn''t have asked for any better weather...

I have booked our room at the Mansion of Forsyth Park. They have a concierge service where I can arrange everything including the carriage ride. I plan on proposing in the evening then going to dinner to celebrate.

thanks- ya i can not wait.

quigs

love the pic of you and your dog.
Have you gone yet?
I love the forsythe Inn. I''ve Stayed in their cottage and it was just perfect. Their courtyard is also very pretty and quite. The Park is right accros the street and it''s just beautiful.

Good luck and have a great time

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results