shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal in Palm Springs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jedinite

Rough_Rock
Well, the time has come, I''ve Citron, the hotel''s restaurant. After dinner I think I want to take her to the fountain in the garden and get down on bended knee. I''ve called the concierge to arrange to have a staff take a picture for us near the fountain before I actually propose that way I have someone there to get some shots of us. I don''t know if anyone else has been proposed to at the Viceroy but if you have or even thought of it I was wondering if this is "romantic" enough. Or if you''re a woman and have other suggestions I would appreciate the last minute advice. I pick up the ring tonight so I''ve come to realize that this is happening, I''m really going to take the "next step."

jedinite

Rough_Rock
BTW, I''ll post pictures and after this weekend because I know you all love diamonds (girls *sigh* hehe)

widget

Ideal_Rock
jedinite...congratulations on taking the BIG STEP!!!!!
32.gif
36.gif
9.gif

I''m sure you know this...but it''s going to be really really hot at this time of year. Even the evenings often only ''cool down'' to 90 degrees. I''m sure the fountain will be lovely, but my first thought was why not by the pool, after taking a late after-dinner dip?

Just a thought, actually. I suspect at a time like this, the temperature is the last thing on your mind!
5.gif

Have a wonderful time, and good luck!
widget

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!! Can''t wait to see pictures!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm well we dined at Citron last year and I don't know if the vibe there is really all that romantic. well actually we ate outside which is kind of like a little patio lined with shrubs, but nothing super spectacular and the ambiance was not all that...also there was only one other couple dining. the food was good, but the dessert was divine, get the warm baked cookies!! YUM. we'd probably go back again just for the dessert, hehee.

anyway...it was really hot out there and we ate at about 7:30...and it was still like 90. i don't know if they have an inside restaurant area but not sure what that looks like. also we didn't stay there, we stayed at the Parker Palm Springs so we didn't walk the grounds at the viceroy but it looked cute from where we were sitting.

my own experience with palm springs...i had checked into the viceroy a little, it seemed nice and we were going to stay there.. but after seeing the parker online i knew we wouldn't be staying anywhere else. it just opened early last year. we loved it...we are going back this year, the place is just DIVINE....there's no other word for it. they also have a fab restaurant on-site and the property is huge with lots of little romantic hideyholes...they have little fires that they build at night in secluded areas where you can sit together, hammocks on the property. having stayed at the parker, i think a proposal there would be fab if the reservation is open to be changed at all, but i've never stayed at the viceroy, we just ate there. so don't know if that helped at all but good luck!! and get the warm cookies!!

jedinite

Rough_Rock
Mara thanks for the advice on the Viceroy, however, I''ve already passed the cancellation day and she really wanted to stay there on recommendation of her friends. I''m passing it off as a "graduation gift" to her so I doubt she has any idea I''m proposing. As for the temperture, it''s fine. We were in Vegas last weekend and 90s is tolerable for the night time. I picked up the ring last night and it comes in a pretty big box so I have to find a way to hide the ring without making it look like I have a huge box in my pocket.

Anyways, what did you have to eat at Citron? I''m looking over the menu and I can''t decide if I want fish or something else. T-minus 32hours and counting now.

jedinite

Rough_Rock
Widget Interesting idea, at the pool. But I''m thinking if I want to get pictures in it might not look the best to show engagement photos of us in our bathing suits. If I take her out for a walk after dinner at least we will be dressed for the occasion when I pop the question right?

BTW, do you or anyone else have suggestions on the ring box. At the moment is nicely gift wrapped, it it better to have her open the gift wrapping when I propose or open the box and show her the ring? The only thing that would really give it away if she opened the wrapping is the ribbon has Matthew''s on it, I suppose at that point in time it''s not much of a secret tho.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmm what did we have, i think we both had fish. i want to say i had halibut. which was okay, nothing special. but we are total foodies so honestly our taste buds are kind of picky. i think we had a fish appetizer, crab cakes or something? i don''t even remember. but the food was good, just not like blow-your-mind good. the cookies however...while at first we were skeptical, they were divine. fresh out of the oven, warm baked, i don''t know if they are a ''staple'' on the menu, but we had a litle port and moscato and the cookies and it was like heaven.

have a blast!! i actually like the hot palm springs weather...but not everyone does!

jedinite

Rough_Rock
Viceroy Palm Springs was AMAZING!!! The staff was wonderful and accomodating. I spoke to the concierge prior a week prior to checking in and let them know about the proposal and they did an absolutely fantastic job of making my fiancee and I feel like royalty. I didn''t ask for a room upgrade but was upgraded to a Villa at no additional charge. The weather was HOT but we wouldn''t have it any other way since we spent most of our time at the pool. The Citron dinner was superb, but I only wish I didn''t have an upset stomach either from the nervousness, alcohol in the afternoon prior or mild heat stroke. I''d highly highly recommend the Veal for anyone looking to dine there. It''s not the fanciest restaurant but it''s small, intimate and contemporary.

I chose to propose by the fountain so it was very intimate since there wasn''t anyone else around. I quickly ran into the Villa and called the concierge, the manager came by and took a photo of us, and then photos of me proposing so she had no idea it was coming. Everyone that was there this weekend heard about our engagement and we were even sent a bottle of champaign from another guest at the Viceroy. It was so kind and generous of them, I really hope they get our contact information so I can thank them.

I don''t have pictures of the ring to share yet but I will have them up for you soon.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
DID YOU GET THE WARM COOKIES?!?!!

Congratulations!!!! Sounds like it all went fabulously. We are going to PS in August and I can't wait...I am dreaming about the hot weather and laying by the pool. Please post pictures of your ring in SMTR!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats Jedinite!! Sounds like it went well! Can''t wait to see the pics!!

Oh and that was VERY nice for one of the guests to send ya''ll champagne!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results