shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal ideas in Scotland, July 2010

Mats

Rough_Rock
Hello.

I am travelling to Scotland in July this year, together with my girlfriend and her parents.

Me and my girlfriend has been together for 9 years now, and during the years the "wedding-talks" has occured now and then, like "If we ever get married.. this or that place would be what we would want etc etc".

A castle-marriage in Scotland has allways been something we both have seen as an ideal wedding "if we ever get married"..

Well.. now that we are planning a 10-day long roadtrip in Scotland, ive decided that this is the moment. I want to propose to my lovely girlfriend.

I have never been in Scotland before, and I would love to make this as special as possible. Therefor ive decided to ask here on Pricescope.com to see if there is anyone who can help me out abit.

This is the places and dates that we will stay in each city:
11th - 12th july - Edinburgh
12th - 13th july - Dunfermline
13th - 14th july - Perth
14th - 15th july - Peterhead
15th - 17th july - Inverness
17th - 18th july - Oban
18th - 19th july - Crieff
19th - 21st july - Edinburgh.

Which one of these places would be the ideal proposal spot? I know that I have a few "golden rules" that I have to take in consideration.

1) My girlfriend doesnt like to get a lot of public attention when it comes to happenings like this, so I know that a public proposal infront of many other tourists is not the ideal way to do it. I would therefor like to propose at a place where we could be more or less alone. I know that we wont be totaly alone, because her parents will be with us, but I dont mind proposing infront of her parents, as I know they will be thrilled, and I actually find it abit romantic to propose infront of her parents.

2) I prefer to propose at evening or night.

3) I would love to set up some arrangements. Maybe a horse & carry ride to a quiet place near by a loch, the occean or a castle, where we can either have a picnic or at a romantic little restaurant. Maybe hiring someone who can play bagpipe during this? or would that be "too much"?

4) This might not be possible at all, but i gotta ask since i think this could be very fun: I would like to know if there is any traditions regarding couples who just got engaged. I believe it could be very fun to celebrate the new engagement at a local pub, and the best thing would be if I could arrange something with the pubowner, so that some traditional celebrating could be done at this pub together with local Scottish people. I know we would both love that.

I know that I am dreaming abit, and that much of what im saying probably will be to hard to make, but atleast I want to give it a try by asking in here.

I hope someone could help me out abit:)

I am very thankful for all the help I can get.

Kind Regards
Mats

Mats

Rough_Rock
I see that Ive managed to post this thread 3 times.

Please answer in this thread, as I have asked the moderators to delete the two other threads.

Kind Regards
Mats

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results