shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal at Monterey Bay Aquarium

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JohnBoy

Rough_Rock
Hello folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster.
1.gif

I am thinking about proposing to my gf at the Monterey Bay Aquarium in California. I contacted them recently and they told me that they do an early opening (half an hour) for $500 and I can propose alone in front of the Kelp Forest exhibit while they take pictures. Do you think this is worth it? I think it would be more romantic to do it alone rather than with a bunch of strangers around and possibly rowdy kids on a tour, but is it worth $500?

Thanks in advance.

JohnBoy

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
If you can afford it, why not? Think of it as (partly) a charitable donation. The MB Aquarium is a worthy cause to support.

I haven't been there in years, but I think it's a great place to do it.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thats SUCH a cute idea plus I kind of like the idea of knowing that my guy would have to pay something extra to make it happen...hee hee...like the EXTRA step or something. Not that if it was free it would belittle it, but it'd be somewhat like..wow..you called and had to PAY to do this?!

The aquarium is awesome and there are great places for lunch and I'm sure breakfast around there too for afterwards!!

Original idea!!

Pacific_Charm

Rough_Rock
I've been to the Aquarium in Monterey Bay. I'd definately go with the early opening idea if you can swing the $$. That place gets HELLA crowded. And Quick! If that doesn't work, the Blue Fin (I think that's the name) has a great view of Cannery Row and there's always Lover's Rock. :D

J~

JohnBoy

Rough_Rock

XvvOrlyBearvvX

Rough_Rock
Id do it in front of the shark tank but thats just me...
But for a normal girl id say the Million gallon Tank looks way cooler...Umm I think its called the Outer Bay exibit.

Good Luck!
2.gif

Imagine

Rough_Rock
Wow, I hope everything goes well for you: it is such a romantic idea.

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Hello there. I love the aquarium idea! I am a big fan of marine life myself. Of the two you were choosing from I think the kelp area looked prettier, but it could just be the picture was better from that camera. Personally, I would love it to be by the penguins! I believe Penguins even have a ritual where the male presents a pebble to a female, and if she accepts, they spend forever together! How cute! But thats just me. Hope this helps.

JohnBoy

Rough_Rock
ClownFish,

Wow, what a great idea! I just did a little net research and that is absolutely true! Do you mind if I steal that idea from you? Now I'm thinking along the lines of going to the penguins, telling her how penguins choose their mates and then out comes my rock!

JohnBoy

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Hello again. I wouldn't mind at all if you used that idea! I love a happy proposal story after all. I'm pleased that you liked the penguin idea - and they are just so adorable!! Tell us how it goes! Glad to be of a help.

ClownFishFunk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results