shape
carat
color
clarity

Plan Falling Apart... Cancel or.... HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ny kak

Rough_Rock
The surprise, ideal plan has fallen apart... too many outside elements (friends, etc) changing and making plans. So unless I act competely out of the norm and try to make it "the" night as I planned, surely a tip-off something is coming, I will have to cancel/postpone until another week.

Sooo, go ahead and work around what''s happened/alter my plan (this is a significant date as part of the plan), or postpone and try again....???!!!???

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Sorry to hear this. Can you tell us what the original plan was and which elements are no longer working?

ny kak

Rough_Rock
Abbrev.... retrace our first date in altered order., which ended with a single yellow rose "in hopes that if nothing more, we''ll be wonderful friends". This is not the same calendar date, but significant tie in... this night would end with single red rose (has never been a single rose since the 1st) as sort of closure of the first chapter... and then to the knee for the start of the rest of our book. Friends, et all, have now introduced the Fri night after work cocktails... dinner together... cards or music/dance later.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
So other than the rose, what else was part of the first date? You say it''s not the same calendar date, so how is the date you were planning to propose on significant then? Or is it not? Sorry, I''m still a little unclear.

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Honestly...I would rather be surprised than have an elaborate proposal that I knew was coming...It''s really not what you do, it''s that you very nicely ask her to marry you! The day will be perfect no matter what!!! klr

ps...Have fun...and be sure to bring a camera!
35.gif
36.gif

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Can you take the day off of work? Maybe you could secretly talk to your girlfriend''s boss and ask if she could have the afternoon off of work. You could pick her up at lunchtime and go to the restaurant or wherever else you want to go. At the end of your plans, give her the red rose and then go meet up with her friends for after work cocktails. Drinks might be a great way to celebrate!

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
Before I saw Buena''s I was thinking along the same lines. Maybe you can plan the proposal for earlier in the day or something sweet and romantic before you head out for the evening with friends. While it won''t be a quiet and romantic evening for just you two (well, hello, you just proposed, it''ll still be romantic), it would definitely be fun to go out and celebrate with all your friends afterwards! Plus, it might totally throw her off since you''re not going all out on an evenign for just the two of you and she''s expecting to be with friends the whole night. Good luck with whatever you choose to do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results