shape
carat
color
clarity

Nothing Spectacular

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kudy

Rough_Rock
So, I have the ring (sort of). I am ready to propose, but I really am not very good at coming up with a plan... maybe you guys can help?

I don''t have a lot of money to put towards the actual proposal, but I have a few ideas that maybe I can turn into a nice day for both of us.

First, our 3 year (dating) anniversary is on the 1st of September - Luckily, she will have the day off, but I am scheduled to work. I am going to convince my boss to let me take the day off, but not tell her. She will be expecting to be by herself most of the day, but instead I will surprise her by telling her that I don''t have to go in!

I then plan to take her to the nearby art museum, and possibly the zoo, for a bit of fun day-time entertainment for us both.

In the evening, I plan to take her to her favorite restaurant. I don''t want to propose at dinner, because I''m definitely not the public proposal type.

My problem is how to end the evening... we could drive to a nice view of the city, and have a romantic setting where I somehow get out of the car and propose to her on the passenger side? or possibly, we could come home and I could give her a relaxing massage, stopping half way through to propose to her next to the bed? I think the first idea may be too dark to see the ring in all of it''s sparkly glory, but I kind of like it. The second idea, I am only concerned that she wouldn''t want to be in a semi-dressed state when accepting the ring... What are your thoughts? What are some other good ways I could end the evening and/or get down on my knee and profess my love? I am stumped.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
First off, congrats on your impending engagement!

Have you considered proposing before you two have dinner? That way, she will be ''dressed up'' without being suspicious of why she needs to be dressed up, and you two can celebrate your engagement at dinner.

Also, based on several stories from the ladies in the ''waiting'' section of the forum, she may very well be highly suspicious/anticipating something is up and like so many others, find it difficult to enjoy the nice dinner as she''s too preoccupied with wondering if you are going to propose.

You mentioned you don''t want a public proposal; would you prefer to propose at home? If you would, then perhaps you could tell her you have dinner plans for, say, 5 p.m. when dinner is actually reserved for 7 p.m., thus she''ll be ready and you could propose at home.

Or, if you''d like to propose somewhere out, just away from strangers, you could two could leave for ''dinner'' at 5, but instead of taking her to the restaurant you could whisk her off to a proposal spot instead. If you have some friends you could enlist for help, they could set up a little romantic summin'' summin'' for you two at the proposal spot, if she''s a fan of traditionally ''romantic'' gestures.

Then head off for dinner so she can spend the rest of the evening alternating between gazing raptly at her new engagement ring and gazing lovingly into your eyes.

Hope that helps!

vita*dolce

Brilliant_Rock
yay!! what an exciting time for you!! have you thought about proposing before you go to dinner?? from my perspective, i think it would be great to get the ring before going to dinner because she''ll be so happy and she''ll get to watch it sparkle in the restaurant light. you could do it after she gets ready for dinner when you''re both wearing your nice going out clothes, and it would be private, and they might send you champaigne at the restaurant!

good luck and congratulations!!

kudy

Rough_Rock
A popular idea apparently ;-)

I think I like it as well, I will just have to time it right.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 3:46:46 PM
Author:kudy
So, I have the ring (sort of). I am ready to propose, but I really am not very good at coming up with a plan... maybe you guys can help?

I don''t have a lot of money to put towards the actual proposal, but I have a few ideas that maybe I can turn into a nice day for both of us.

First, our 3 year (dating) anniversary is on the 1st of September - Luckily, she will have the day off, but I am scheduled to work. I am going to convince my boss to let me take the day off, but not tell her. She will be expecting to be by herself most of the day, but instead I will surprise her by telling her that I don''t have to go in!

I then plan to take her to the nearby art museum, and possibly the zoo, for a bit of fun day-time entertainment for us both.

In the evening, I plan to take her to her favorite restaurant. I don''t want to propose at dinner, because I''m definitely not the public proposal type.

My problem is how to end the evening... we could drive to a nice view of the city, and have a romantic setting where I somehow get out of the car and propose to her on the passenger side? or possibly, we could come home and I could give her a relaxing massage, stopping half way through to propose to her next to the bed? I think the first idea may be too dark to see the ring in all of it''s sparkly glory, but I kind of like it. The second idea, I am only concerned that she wouldn''t want to be in a semi-dressed state when accepting the ring... What are your thoughts? What are some other good ways I could end the evening and/or get down on my knee and profess my love? I am stumped.

Well, let me just start off by saying that any proposal is spectacular if it comes from the heart (call me sentimental...lol).

I like the fun day you have planned! I am proposing to my SO in September as well and I am making a "fun" day out of it as well. So I love the art museum idea! Sounds like an awesome time.

I agree with the proposing before dinner idea (it may be a nice idea to segway from the art museum to the proposal by mentioning how your favorite work of art is your relationship or that your FF is your muse for your ideal life, ect ....definitely make it the way you want it but it may be a nice transition) since it gives her plenty of time to gush over the ring over a nice romantic dinner and to start off your newly engaged couplehood with a bang!

If you are dead-set on doing it after dinner, I suggest a romantic outdoor setting by moonlight or even somewhere fairly secluded with a bit of help from city lights (I don''t know where you''re located but I can''t be a huge help on that one). Doing the half (or full naked) proposal might not be the best (eventhough it has super intentions and you want her to feel relaxed and be in the privacy off your own home....)

Enjoy and keep us posted!!!!

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
I would suggest doing it in the morning or some time before dinner. I personally would like to have the whole day to be excited about being engaged, and not have to worry about getting up early the next day to go to work (if you were to propose after dinner) with little time to be together and enjoy it. I do like the idea of suprising her by not going to work that day, and then having a fun day together. Just remember it will be wonderful no matter how it goes! Congrats and good luck!

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
If it were me (and it''s not), I''d enjoy being proposed to at the start of the day.

Then I could stare at my ring while at the zoo...at the museum...out for dinnner....

LS

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/13/2008 9:22:29 PM
Author: LostSapphire
If it were me (and it''s not), I''d enjoy being proposed to at the start of the day.

Then I could stare at my ring while at the zoo...at the museum...out for dinnner....

LS
Ok, so Id definitely want it in the beginning of the day if you are doing all of that stuff ya know, because she would probably clue in at some point and part of the suprise might be gone..

How about this..

Tell her you have to work, maybe wake up early and make her breakfast, and leave a card with it, and say your going to work when you really arent... In the card say lots of nice and things and to meet you at the musuem, but you could have like decorated her car with cute stuff, and when she comes down to meet you, she would be all suprised and you could propose then, or you could have her meet u wherever (sorta like giving her clues) and have a cute picnic setup in a nearby park or somewhere and propose... something that would be pretty nice :) OR ya you could tell her you want to meet her for lunch (since your boss said that was all he could do to let u off..but u really have off) and do a picnic or something cool, have it all set up.. Okay well goodluck!

kudy

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for all of the great ideas... It''s obvious that an overwhelming majority thinks it would be best to give it to her as early as possible, maybe I should wake her up at 5 am to give an anniversary gift :)?

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 12:39:59 AM
Author: kudy
Wow, thanks for all of the great ideas... It''s obvious that an overwhelming majority thinks it would be best to give it to her as early as possible, maybe I should wake her up at 5 am to give an anniversary gift :)?
hahaha me and BF always see who says happy anniversary first, and I mean like at 12:00am =..haha... last time i was cleaning since we are starting to move, and he RUNS up the stairs to tell me he loves me and happy anniversary... I guess we thinks its funny.. :)

I wouldnt wake her up at 5am, I know I dont like to be woken up that early.. butlike 8 or 9 would be good with breakfast or something :)

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/14/2008 12:50:50 PM
Author: blondebunny

Date: 8/14/2008 12:39:59 AM
hahaha me and BF always see who says happy anniversary first, and I mean like at 12:00am =..haha... last time i was cleaning since we are starting to move, and he RUNS up the stairs to tell me he loves me and happy anniversary... I guess we thinks its funny.. :)

I wouldnt wake her up at 5am, I know I dont like to be woken up that early.. butlike 8 or 9 would be good with breakfast or something :)

LOL...

Me and the BF do the same thing !!!!

I second the no 5 a.m. part...it''s just evil....hehe...

kudy

Rough_Rock
So the restaurant I want to take her to is closed on Monday the 1st, because of Labor Day. I really can''t think of any other places she would want to go, so I am thinking of turning this into a 2 day thing - Sunday the 31st, get dressed up, propose, take her to dinner, then after dinner, surprise her with the news that we''re going to have a fun day the next day.

The only problem with this revised plan is, I will be giving her the ring on the 31st, not our 3 year anniversary, but a day early. I know its just a date, but it somehow seems more significant if I wait till the 1st.

I am not sure if I could possibly wait until Monday, and if I did, I am not sure how I could sneak the event in there, but I might just have to do the proposal a day early
7.gif

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 11:00:02 AM
So the restaurant I want to take her to is closed on Monday the 1st, because of Labor Day. I really can''t think of any other places she would want to go, so I am thinking of turning this into a 2 day thing - Sunday the 31st, get dressed up, propose, take her to dinner, then after dinner, surprise her with the news that we''re going to have a fun day the next day.

The only problem with this revised plan is, I will be giving her the ring on the 31st, not our 3 year anniversary, but a day early. I know its just a date, but it somehow seems more significant if I wait till the 1st.

I am not sure if I could possibly wait until Monday, and if I did, I am not sure how I could sneak the event in there, but I might just have to do the proposal a day early
7.gif
hmm... why dont you take her to like a late dinner on the 31rst, and just see how long u can prolong until midnight, so then u could do it at midnight, and it would be on ur anniversary... but she''d have the whole next day to be excited ya know?!?

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Could you take her out to dinner the night before at the restaurant and then on the 1st, do one of your planned activities in the AM, have a picnic lunch and propose then, then do your afternoon activity?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2008 11:00:02 AM

7.gif

Or, it would just mean that you have a two-day anniversary celebration from now on
1.gif
I think it is fine to propose that night and then you can spend your anniversary celebrating your engagement.

If you do it in the morning, just make sure she has had time to brush her teeth first so you can get a good ''just got engaged'' smooch.
31.gif

I love your ring, too. Just saw it in SMTR! Good luck!

kudy

Rough_Rock
I can''t decide which way to do this, but thank you all for the input - I''ll tell you how I decided to go after it''s over, I guess ;-)

kudy

Rough_Rock
I decided to do it before dinner on Sunday night. Looking back, I think it turned out a bit lame, but that''s okay, I had enough nerves going into it, that I thought I might pass out or something. We had a great dinner and a fun day Monday as well - I posted a few handshots of the ring in my "show me the ring" thread, if anyone is interested.

Thanks everyone for the great input and help.

Nocturnius

Shiny_Rock
I''m going with the flow. It would be totally awesome to propose early, so she can bubble and squeal over it the rest of the day. Plus, I don''t know about anyone else, but I would totally know my guy was up to something if he "just so happened" to have a day off when I knew he was supposed to be working, and he "just so happened" to want to take me out for a day on the town.

Here''s what I would do if I were you: show up at her house when you would normally be walking into work. Like, if your shift starts at 8, show up at her place at 8. She''ll have the shock of, "honey, shouldn''t you be at work?" Then take it away from there.

No matter how you do it, she''ll be totally stoked!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results