shape
carat
color
clarity

No idea at all

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

number2

Rough_Rock
I have spent so much time and thought picking out the e-ring that I really have no clue what I am going to do for a proposal. I am picking up the ring on Dec 9.

My birthday is the weekend of Dec. 16 (It could throw her off - plus it''s never about me
28.gif
)

Then there''s the whole Xmas eve/day

And New Years...

I think I might just walk around with the ring on me for the next couple of weeks and wait for the perfect moment...
9.gif

Any thoughts..?

SeattleSparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Well I don''t know where you are, but I have a good idea for a New Year''s proposal. If you can swing going to a big swanky bash, (so she''ll be all dressed up, ready for pictures!!) You can start your "Big Talk" right before the countdown. While the crowd is shouting the countdown, "10,9,8,7..." You can say something you love about her, or the both of you after each number, like everyone was helping count down your love.

For example:

Crowd: "10!"''
You softly in her ear: "your smile when ...."
Crowd: "9"
You softly in her ear: "Your sense of humor"

All the way to one, and then while everyone is yelling, "Happy New Year!" That can be your "private" moment to get down on one new and ask her to be your wife....

Well, it sounds good in my head anyway.

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
I like the idea of a New Year''s proposal better. It can go something like: "It''s the start of a new year and start of a new life together for us." Or something like that.

If you decide on your birthday proposal, maybe something along the lines of "you''re the best gift I could ever ask for or want." Cheesy, I know
3.gif
, but the best I can come up with.

Did you post a pic of the ring anywhere? I wanna see!

number2

Rough_Rock
I am picking it up on Fri so no pics yet, i just visited the jewelry store today to drop off my WF center stone....it sort of looks like this head on...

I have thought about the New Years idea, but we have no idea where we are going to be yet...and i think i rather do it in a more private of a setting...btw i live in the nyc area

I might actually steer away fom new years because we might be away and we are the type of people that would want to drive to every family members house right after to show them....

So leaning now for Christmas eve/day or my birthday......

bookworm21

Brilliant_Rock
That ring is too die for!!! It''s simply gorgeous!
30.gif
Great choice!

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful! Wonderful job on choosing that ring!

I definitely vote for a proposal on your birthday. I''ve heard about a couple people getting engaged on the boyfriend''s birthday and it always sounds perfect because the girlfriend was most definitely NOT expecting it. That way you get to have a even more special birthday than normal, as well as totally surprise her.

Another reason I like the idea of a proposal on your birthday....that way you guys get to share being engaged with your families around Christmas, and also other family and friends you''ll see on New Years. Since you''ll probably be seeing lots of family and friends in the next couple weeks since its holiday season, think of how much MORE fun it will be if you get to announce to everyone that you''re engaged etc.
36.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I was proposed to on my birthday and totally didn''t expect it! So I think a proposal on your birthday would be an even bigger surprise! I like holiday proposals too but like ElleWoods said if you propose sooner it will give you two the chance to tell everyone the whole holiday season.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I'd have to agree here - I'd want to share the news with my family over the holidays.
I've always had a secret wish of getting a picture of us taken with my hand showing off the ring and framing it for family members as a Christmas gift. I wouldn't wear the ring to Christmas but after they open the frame, look at the picture, notice the ring we'd share the good news.

By the way, beautiful ring!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results