shape
carat
color
clarity

NEW YEARS EVE PROPOSAL IDEAS---HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Boonze

Rough_Rock
Ok well I''m finally going to do it. I have 12 of her closest friends coming to our condo for the celebration. She has no idea they are coming. Only bad part is I need help on how to do it. I was thinking about putting the ring in a champaign bottle, then toasting. Or incorporating the countdown with our engagement at a local place...thoughts??!!!

findarock

Shiny_Rock
I am looking at ideas myself.
My cousin got engaged last year on New Years eve. She said that her Fiancée and 3 other couples went on a ski trip, His buddies were in on the whole thing, and they went around the table to say what they were thankful for and each guy went around saying his 2 cents and the wives said a couple of words, he was last and said that he was thankful that he met her and what would make him the happiest guy in the world to start a new year and a new life with you, "will you marry me" so they ate and drank and counted down the new year.
The End!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2006 2:32:57 PM
Author:Boonze
Ok well I''m finally going to do it. I have 12 of her closest friends coming to our condo for the celebration. She has no idea they are coming. Only bad part is I need help on how to do it. I was thinking about putting the ring in a champaign bottle, then toasting. Or incorporating the countdown with our engagement at a local place...thoughts??!!!
My thought is, please don''t put it in the bubbly. She is going to want to slip it on her finger immediately, but it will be all sticky, and you''ll want it at it''s sparkling best, which it won''t be if covered in bubbly.
2.gif
It was a good thought though!

If it were me, I''d let the countdown happen, wish her Happy New Year, and give her a kiss. Then, I''d say something to the effect of, I''d like to start this year out on the right note, would you marry me?
5.gif

Boonze

Rough_Rock
I had someone put a fake ring in the bottle...Not putting the real one in there..lol
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results